PDA

View Full Version : Referee O'Neill has to be stopped

harpojj
07/04/2004, 9:11 AM
This guy spends the whole game trying to be the center piece. I pay my money(Too Much!) to see a game of football not to listen to that gob****e blowing his whistle and dishing out yellows and reds. My advice to all managers out there is to practice set pieces from every inch of the pitch if this ref is going to be your next official.
Yes I 'm a Rovers fan and had to witness this fella last night against Longford.
Any longford fan at that game will feel hard done by and obviously every rover fan will also. Neither teams were that good but even if they were going to be it wouldn't have happened with the ref.
Is there a performance judicator in this league because I'm not the first and wont be the last fan to complain about his performance this season or the last few for that matter.
Finally I'm sorry about this rant but I'm still frustrated the next day after a match and not because of my teams performance but because of that diabolical refereeing. I will consider not putting myself through a game again if I know he will be ref. I will gladly just dionate the gate fee to my club.

Rant Off,
Damn that didn't help yet,
KOH.

Macy
07/04/2004, 9:13 AM
Totally agree, and for us that's two games in a row that the ref has ruined it. :mad:

max power
07/04/2004, 9:35 AM
agree with both of you, i was disgusted and as soon as i saw him at the start of the game, i knew we were in for a bad night......

the 12 th man
07/04/2004, 10:06 AM
7 mins in and he books barry ferguson for a gentle shove as he jumped up with a rovers player.maybe a foul but no way a yellow card.
the send off was a real show off manouver by the ref.its fairly plain he likes to be centre of attention during the match.

i havent been to many matches of late but he reminds me of a ref from a few years back called "john carpenter"who was the exact same :mad:

Éanna
07/04/2004, 10:31 AM
he's awful. but then he is from the turf-chewing hole of waterford

harpojj
07/04/2004, 10:44 AM
would that be the turf-chewers hat beat Cork last night by any chance :D

tiktok
07/04/2004, 11:16 AM
he's absolutely brutal, shouldn't be left near a football match, one of the few things all EL fans can agree on.

Macy
07/04/2004, 11:27 AM
he's absolutely brutal, shouldn't be left near a football match, one of the few things all EL fans can agree on.
Very few games where the ref has a decent game - it's holding up the improvement in standards on the football front.

liamon
07/04/2004, 12:10 PM
While the quality of Refs is poor overall, Jim O'Neill is the worst by far.

brendy_éire
07/04/2004, 3:09 PM
I'd like to see a restraining order put on Ian Stokes meself now.
I think the quality of refereeing in the League is generally very poor. A major problem I have (and I assume those from other clubs as well), we always seem to end up with a Dublin referee for games involving Dublin clubs. That wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world.

SÓC
07/04/2004, 3:32 PM
Totally agree, and for us that's two games in a row that the ref has ruined it. :mad:

Only consolation is that these things come in cycles. On Saturday ye benefitted from a shít Ref, on Tuesday ye lose out.

patsh
07/04/2004, 8:34 PM
I'd like to see a restraining order put on Ian Stokes meself now.
Yeah, I think Stokes has overtaken O'Neill in the worst ref stakes.
Not sure if either are as bad as McKeon though.

Bosco
07/04/2004, 10:11 PM
Only consolation is that these things come in cycles. On Saturday ye benefitted from a shít Ref, on Tuesday ye lose out.
I wouldn't say we benefitted.We got a very dodgy penalty but we got done by stokes a few times aswell.

The problem i've noticed in the last two games was that the ref was not biased for either team but ruined the game in terms of football by blowing the whistle every 5 seconds

Stevo Da Gull
07/04/2004, 11:55 PM
While the quality of Refs is poor overall, Jim O'Neill is the worst by far.

I think we are forgetting a certain Anthony Buttimer here, the guy is diabolical, I actually did'nt think a ref could be so bad untill I saw him promote Dublin City to the Premier on the last day at Whitehall!!!!!

Macy
08/04/2004, 8:06 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot they were always biased against you lot only :rolleyes:

Actually Tuesday night, it was a nice chest down by the ref that set up the goal...

ccfcman
08/04/2004, 10:28 AM
refs in the eL have improved slightly .do they get payed anything?ref at the X on tue night was diabolical in fairness. :rolleyes:

Wiseguy
08/04/2004, 10:45 AM
All Referees in the EL are absolute Sh1te.It is a disgrace in this day & age that 4th rate referees are having such an influence on ganes that in some instances it is actually affecting the result e.g. Saturday nite V Cork.It is so fcuking annoying i just can't describe.I know Longford people complain a lot about referees but we are not always wrong.I can remember one particular game in Flancare a few years ago when the delightful John Stacey was in charge and Longford got a free kick about 25 yards out from goal.The wall at most moved back to about 6 yards so the players complained.Stacey in his wisdom walked up to the wall and counted 10 yards back picking up the ball along the way and moving it further away from the goals.What to fcuk was that all about.No referees show any common sence and so many yellow and red cards could be avoided.Will anything ever be done? i very much doubt it because as far as i am concerned we ( as in the fans of all clubs ) are the only ones who really care about the EL.
WE LIVE IN HOPE

Schumi
08/04/2004, 11:02 AM
Most of the refs are absolute $hit. The guys we had away to Bray and Harps were appalling.

Aberdonian Stu
08/04/2004, 12:43 PM
Yes but O'Neill really takes the biscuit.

BobtheDrog
08/04/2004, 10:04 PM
Got to agree with whats being said here. the standard of refereeing in this league is a disgrace but o'neill is by far the worst. the match that the drogs best know him from is the match with longford out in flancare just after we got promoted. he sent of two drogs that day and when the drogs left winger dempsey went down injured he refused to allow the physio onto the pitch. the physio ignored him and ran on anyway, dempsey was later revealed to have broken ribs and a punctured lung. and yet the person responsible for this is still allowed to act as a referee. not all that happy with kelly either after the disalowed goal againnst shels last week.