PDA

View Full Version : Mons at home

outspoken
20/05/2010, 8:46 PM
So we have a local derby (well kind of) this Friday night when we take on Monaghan in the Flansiro, Whats everyones predictions?

I reckon a 2-0 win for Monaghan , 2-1 maybe and 2-2 or any type of result would be good for us

Also I was talking to Fiachra Mcardle this week and he said he should be back on Friday night hopefully so thats positive news for us already as I reckon he has been missed and has the potential to be a top class player.

Longfordian
20/05/2010, 9:28 PM
Yeah, not optimistic really, a draw would be lovely. A win even more so. Even just not absolutely gifting the opposition goals would be a start. Work from there.

Tallanted
21/05/2010, 10:26 AM
3-1 Town, Hynes 2 and Freeman!!

De Town
21/05/2010, 11:13 AM
I'm with Tallented on this one, our last 7 games have gone LWLWLWL...this clearly means we're going to win tonight. 2-1 Town, after going 1-0 down.

outspoken
21/05/2010, 1:46 PM
I'm with Tallented on this one, our last 7 games have gone LWLWLWL...this clearly means we're going to win tonight. 2-1 Town, after going 1-0 down.

Oh you can be sure we will go behind as always lol

De Town
21/05/2010, 8:52 PM
That was depressing.

RonnieB
21/05/2010, 9:25 PM
:(:(:(

Awwwwh Farrell
21/05/2010, 9:27 PM
It was outrageous! when ur centre back completly kicks thin air its a pure joke!!!

outspoken
21/05/2010, 9:50 PM
ohh words cant describe it. pitty you can only use 3 images cause theres so many I could use here. Were the joke of the 1st division.:mad::(:confused:

L.T.F.C.
21/05/2010, 10:43 PM
I heard people in the stand giving out at the ref for their first goal! Dear God we had a solid minute to clear the ball after their throw in! We have to start looking at ourselves as the problem and not the refs! More people giving out that they want the Ulster teams to do well! You'd swear it was a conspiracy!

Awwwwh Farrell
21/05/2010, 11:01 PM
Id be afraid not to agree with you L.T.F.C

The Insider
21/05/2010, 11:19 PM
Depressing is all I can say. There are too many on that team that don't give a damn, there's no passion or pride at all. We give away another soft opening goal (where was the defending) and then fall apart after the second one and just to rub salt into our wounds Philly Hughes scores against us, again.. Looking at the squad we have this year compared to last year I felt optimistic about the season but it seems we only look good on paper. The Waterford game a few weeks ago is now a distant memory. In the first 2 games at the start we picked up 4 pts, this time around we've got nothing. I really wanted to give Cousins the benefit of the doubt when he took over but my patience is wearing thin at this stage.

Town Legend
22/05/2010, 12:05 AM
Being optimistic before the game I predicted a 3-0 win for de Town.......how wrong was I?!! Have to agree we looked a top half team just outside the top 4 on paper and I think the players just aren't trying the last few games because they realise themselves that they're not going to be up there challenging at the top. This transfer window cannot come quick enough to get a lot of the deadwood out.

outspoken
22/05/2010, 8:55 AM
Depressing is all I can say. There are too many on that team that don't give a damn, there's no passion or pride at all.

Ive been saying this for a long time know its a huge problem especially when we have the likes of Micheal Lee on the bench who always gives his all on the pitch he loves the club and knows what it stands for but at times it really look like if you aint from the capital you wont be playing.

outspoken
22/05/2010, 8:56 AM
Being optimistic before the game I predicted a 3-0 win for de Town.......how wrong was I?!! Have to agree we looked a top half team just outside the top 4 on paper and I think the players just aren't trying the last few games because they realise themselves that they're not going to be up there challenging at the top. This transfer window cannot come quick enough to get a lot of the deadwood out.

Its a long way to July my friend.

L.T.F.C.
22/05/2010, 10:26 AM
Ive been saying this for a long time know its a huge problem especially when we have the likes of Micheal Lee on the bench who always gives his all on the pitch he loves the club and knows what it stands for but at times it really look like if you aint from the capital you wont be playing.

Mick Lee has been injured all season. Hes only getting back to fitness now.

Longfordian
22/05/2010, 1:50 PM
It's all well and good talking about changing things in the transfer window but as has been said there's a while to go until then and how is he going to make players go if they don't have anywhere to go?. It's not as if he's going to get a load of extra money to spend either. Concentrate on organising the players we have now, it shouldn't be that difficult for an experienced manager but they seem to be clueless at the back at the moment.

Martinho II
22/05/2010, 2:16 PM
well if we are clueless at the back why cant he promote the lads that arent playing or on the bench for us at the moment the likes of Dean Clarke and Justin Perrin.. Mick lee was the only player that stood out on the pitch for me.Why he doenst play from the start I never know. The sooner JP McDonagh definitely comes back which I am reliably told will be on amateur terms during the next transfer window the better. There are too many players that are there for the money and not for the pride of the red and black..

There were too many good players let go from last seasons squad.. You cant have the likes of Liam Lynch playing in the Roscommon District League when he could clearly play for us... I am afraid on the pitch it will get worse unless theres a rapid turnover of players in the transfer window as I hav enough of a lot of them at the moment.

Its a pathetic record against Monaghan Utd to lose eight of yer last eleven games..:mad:

Longfordian
22/05/2010, 2:58 PM
They're clueless in terms of organisation. I'm not sure how much difference changing the personnel would make and I wouldn't want to see a young lad lose confidence if people started getting on their backs when they make mistakes. Since Lee is available for training now Id play him from the start the next time alright

outspoken
22/05/2010, 4:52 PM
It says on Extratime.ie that there was a chorus of boo's at the end of the game I didnt here any if anything it was more of an ear eh silence with a few grumbles.

Longfordian
22/05/2010, 5:24 PM
No didn't hear anything either, a few grumbles like you say but no more than that. Nobody is particularly surprised when we make a balls of it.

outspoken
22/05/2010, 6:14 PM
No didn't hear anything either, a few grumbles like you say but no more than that. Nobody is particularly surprised when we make a balls of it.

ye I suppose that was the easiest way for ExtraTime to describe our feelings but Alot of people are voting with their feet thats my main concern

stann
23/05/2010, 6:07 PM
Sorry to go off topic on ye, and not ragging on you Kieran, but fair play, this
an ear eh silence is the best yet. What was even going through your head when you tried it?! :D :D

eerie!

outspoken
23/05/2010, 6:11 PM
Sorry to go off topic on ye, and not ragging on you Kieran, but fair play, this is the best yet. What was even going through your head when you tried it?! :D :D

eerie!
thanks for that (:

De Town
23/05/2010, 6:50 PM
I don't think there's a lot wrong with the squad in terms of quality. We have decent players who should be well able to give all teams in this division a good game. However, 2 things that are seriously wrong is the organisation and the attitude of our players. We're absolutely all over the shop, especially defensively. And a lot of players don't seem to give 2 ****s how we get on. If we could sort these 2 aspects out then we'll be ok, coz there's definitely talent in the squad.

outspoken
23/05/2010, 7:07 PM
I don't think there's a lot wrong with the squad in terms of quality. We have decent players who should be well able to give all teams in this division a good game. However, 2 things that are seriously wrong is the organisation and the attitude of our players. We're absolutely all over the shop, especially defensively. And a lot of players don't seem to give 2 ****s how we get on. If we could sort these 2 aspects out then we'll be ok, coz there's definitely talent in the squad.

Couldn't put it better myself

Martinho II
26/05/2010, 8:03 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3552/

tony cousins reaction here. heres lookin forward to loads of changes!

The Insider
26/05/2010, 9:57 PM

Hear, hear. Its obvious the areas that need changing, going to be interesting to see how many players he brings in and who he'll let go. Will it be the ones that supporters think should go, he seems to be loyal to a few players.

Town Legend
26/05/2010, 10:44 PM

I have to agree with him on looking in the Junior Leagues. Some 'big' name players brought in at the start of the season just haven't put in the effort. He has nothing to lose now by chancing his arm with a few junior players, at least they might put a bit of effort in for the team. I remember Kenny bringing in the likes of Paul and Vinny Perth, Keith O'Connor, Shay Zellor and Ger Thompson all from non league and look what they did for us!!! I'm still living in hope!!

Martinho II
27/05/2010, 7:24 PM
it did Stephen Kenny no harm and I think it is the way to go.. It did Athlone Town no harm over the last season or so. plus it saves us money to sign for players..

ltfc_2004
28/05/2010, 1:57 PM
and what happens the dead weight we are left behind with ? They on rolling contracts or there till the end of the season

De Town
28/05/2010, 3:25 PM
How does he plan on getting rid of players who are under contract?

Town Legend
29/05/2010, 7:34 PM
He's obviously either got a bit of his budget left or players he'll be signing will be on amateur contracts.