PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Idea.

outspoken
20/05/2010, 4:55 PM
Was just reading the Towns notes in the leader this week and I see they have a new fundraising idea.

Me, Marty and Emmit were talking about the glory years and then we started a debate on who is the greatest Town 11.

And it looks like someone likes this idea because they are going to get people to vote for their best 11 and then there going to have a galla dinner with the 11 players voted and charge people to get in , what a fantastic idea.

To who ever heard our conversation and came up with this idea fair play to you.( And as one of the main contributers to this venture can I have some free tickets to the dinner lol only joking.)

So anybody else got any ideas?

I reckon we should set up a World Cup sweepstake where you pay 2 euro draw a team out of a hat and thats your team for the World Cup. I did it in school once amongst a few lads and it was great fun and a great successes so anyone interested? remember all the money would go to the club , except for the prize money of course.

Tallanted
21/05/2010, 10:29 AM
2 euro a team with 32 teams makes 64euro without prizemoney........hmm

outspoken
21/05/2010, 1:45 PM
well charge more or have several diffrent sets of draws if you know what I mean eg. If you have 64 people looking to do it just do a second draw and so on

De Town
21/05/2010, 3:39 PM
well charge more or have several diffrent sets of draws if you know what I mean eg. If you have 64 people looking to do it just do a second draw and so on
We can barely get 64 people out to Flancare Park every 2nd week, so I can't see us getting 64 people to enter a sweepstake.

Longfordian
21/05/2010, 4:17 PM
Strangely enough you probably would get people to enter that, there's lots of people who'll buy tickets for draws and stuff but won't bother coming out to games.

L.T.F.C.
21/05/2010, 6:03 PM
You are starting a serious amount of threads son!

outspoken
21/05/2010, 9:52 PM
You are starting a serious amount of threads son!

Isnt it good to get people talking.