PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football

pineapple stu
20/05/2010, 10:31 AM
Enter on the LoI website (http://airtricity.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx). It seems there's automatic club competitions so all UCD fans are in the main table and in a UCD table. Two players per team and no budget restrictions. Points scoring is a bit basic - no assists or bookings, so basically the UCD Supporters' Club are showing ourselves to be ten years ahead of our time - but should be a bit of craic if we get a few to enter.

Aberdonian Stu
20/05/2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah that sounds exactly as Eoghan Rice described it back at the media training day.

pineapple stu
01/06/2010, 12:57 PM
Update the first available so. You don't get any points for an appearance, which is rather silly. There's 106 in the UCD league (bigger than the foot.ie league, which is nice, although we do feature Kevin McDaid, Joe Doherty and "Shelbourne FC", so we're picking up the neutrals as well, it seems). 27 is the lead at the moment - and in fact, in the lead in the whole competition. Tim Purcell and Gavin Sheridan are the first names I recognise, way down on 9 points. Pete McMahon didn't pick himself - must know something we don't - while Chris Mulhall did. Don't see any other players in there.

Schumi
01/06/2010, 1:36 PM
7 points, FFS.

Gavin Falconer is there on 4 points as well.

pineapple stu
01/06/2010, 1:42 PM
Good spot.

You get no points for playing, and they didn't add in the man of the match awards. It's basically did you score or did you concede. A bit silly.

Schumi
01/06/2010, 2:00 PM
You get no points for playing

Just noticed that, I was wondering why I got no points from Jason Byrne. You get a point from defenders if they play but no one else. Kind of crap alright but it's just a bit of fun.