PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Summer Transfers

Roo69
19/05/2010, 11:13 AM
They have started a little early this year. Barca have wrapped up the signing of David Villa for €40 million from Valenica a short time ago.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0519/villad.html

Competitive European football is now over as we know it :D

superfrank
19/05/2010, 11:56 AM
Is that Ibra off then?

bennocelt
19/05/2010, 12:05 PM
They have started a little early this year. Barca have wrapped up the signing of David Villa for €40 million from Valenica a short time ago.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0519/villad.html

Jesus thats actually not bad transfer!

Dodge
19/05/2010, 12:12 PM
Is that Ibra off then?

You'd imagine so. If anyone will pay his wages.

Likely the Fabregas is heading "home" too.

jaysus, they'll have some team next year

Roo69
19/05/2010, 12:22 PM
I would imagine that is the end of Zlatan alright, will be very interesting to see who would take him. With Fabregas being strongly linked as well they will be some team next season, although if he plays that will leave them very short of defensive midfielders and god knows there not great at the back as it is.

gustavo
19/05/2010, 12:25 PM
Ibra will stay and Villa will play on the left imo

Dodge
19/05/2010, 12:27 PM
They do have the best centre back in the world though

Fabregas and Iniesta are kinda injury prone so I doubt there'd be too many games with a midfield trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas 9as lovely as that sounds...)

Roo69
19/05/2010, 12:45 PM
They do have the best centre back in the world though

Fabregas and Iniesta are kinda injury prone so I doubt there'd be too many games with a midfield trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas 9as lovely as that sounds...)

Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas does sound rather lovely alright :D

Barca, Best Centre Back in the world ? are you sure :eek:

Closed Account 2
19/05/2010, 12:48 PM

Still weaknesses in that team, keeper and center backs are not world class esp as Puyol is getting on a bit. Agree they are strong going forward but they could still be exposed by a defensive team that can hit quickly on the break.

Dodge
19/05/2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, I firmly believe Pique is the best centre half in the world at the moment. I'm not saying the others are up to scratch but Puyol has some superb qualities (leadership, reading the game).

Ciprian Marica
19/05/2010, 3:09 PM
How did Chygrynskiy fare for them this season? Didn't see him in any of their Champions League games. Any time I saw him play for Shakhtar looked very comfortable on the ball.

Roo69
19/05/2010, 3:32 PM
Yes, I firmly believe Pique is the best centre half in the world at the moment. I'm not saying the others are up to scratch but Puyol has some superb qualities (leadership, reading the game).

Really? You're the 1st person i've ever heard think or say that about Pique. I would agree in saying he is a very good centre half but the worlds best at present? Theres a few others who i think have had better seasons than him

Dodge
19/05/2010, 3:58 PM
Thats fine. I don't mind people disagreeing with me on footballing talent. A few of the British/european columnists love him too though (Sid Lowe/Marcotti)

Chygrynskiy has been very disappointing. Couldn't get up to the speed of La Liga and is behinf Pique, Puyol, Marquez, milito and probably even Toure in the centre half lines

Closed Account 2
19/05/2010, 4:27 PM
I would probably say Lucio and maybe Burdisso are better center halfs than Pique. Thiago Silva would be in contention soon too, I might put Vidic ahead of him too, but he's had a stop start season, Andre Dias who Lazio just signed is very good too.

sligo23
19/05/2010, 4:37 PM
Agree with Dodge about Piquenbauer, he would seem to be the best at the moment. I'd say any offer for Ibra and Henry and Barca will take it too.
A possible team for next year:

-----------Valdes------------
Alves---Pique--Puyol---Abidal
--------Toure/Keita----------
-----Xavi------Fabergas-----
----Messi--Villa--Iniesta------

With the likes of Pedro, Bojan etc. on the bench.
It's a dream team but its still mainly Spainsh and acamedy players.

bennocelt
19/05/2010, 6:57 PM
Agree with Dodge about Piquenbauer, he would seem to be the best at the moment. I'd say any offer for Ibra and Henry and Barca will take it too.
A possible team for next year:

-----------Valdes------------
Alves---Pique--Puyol---Abidal
--------Toure/Keita----------
-----Xavi------Fabergas-----
----Messi--Villa--Iniesta------

With the likes of Pedro, Bojan etc. on the bench.
It's a dream team but its still mainly Spainsh and acamedy players.

that defence is still pants though......................

sligo23
19/05/2010, 7:24 PM
Can ya name a better one in world football at the moment?

Infadel
19/05/2010, 7:29 PM
Inter Milan's defence?

sligo23
19/05/2010, 8:08 PM
Inter Milan's defence?
All 11 of them?:p

gustavo
19/05/2010, 8:09 PM

If it was that bad no way they would have won the league

Pique and Puyol are both fine players

bennocelt
19/05/2010, 8:28 PM

wow, were u not watching the Inter game
As mentioned previously - Pique is up and down performance wise all the time, Puyol WAS world class but needs to think about retiring at this stage, Abibal well is a joke

gustavo
19/05/2010, 8:47 PM
Abidal isn't 1st choice left back this season and Pique was named in pretty much every Team of the Season going

Weatherman
20/05/2010, 10:00 AM
Lads dont underestimate Ibra! i also taught he was muck but the amount of assists he gave Messi is unreal!! I know his job is a goalscorer but he can pull centre backs out of posistion and open up spaces for Messi to run into!! He wont be going anywhere!!

Roo69
20/05/2010, 10:16 AM
Abidal isn't 1st choice left back this season and Pique was named in pretty much every Team of the Season going

Personally i'm not saying Pique is a bad player, he is a very good centre half. I just think there are others who had had better seasons, Lucio from Inter would be one, even though Vidic has had a stop start season through injury i think when he has played he has been a better centre half.

Closed Account 2
20/05/2010, 11:07 AM
Puyol will be a year older next season and that bit more injury prone and slow. Inter's defence in terms of center backs is slightly better than Barca's and if you include the goalies with the center backs then Inter's is far, far superior... Valdez couldn't hold a candle to Julio Cesar.

I would even be tempted to say that if Bayern sorted out their goalkeepers they could be deemed as having a better defence (center backs + keeper) than Barca. De Michelis and Van Buyten are pretty solid. Bayern's trouble has been with full backs this season. Goertliz has had the contract dispute (demoted to reserves) and Lahm and Lell have had bad injuries, so fringe players Badstuber, Contento even Tymoshuck (normally a midfielder) have had to fill in along the back line.

bennocelt
20/05/2010, 6:56 PM

Not that he is any good anyway.............even with France

Ciaran W
21/05/2010, 2:00 AM
Apparently arsenal want kevin doyle, Wenger says that he always liked him. . Id be very suprised if that happened thought

Dunny
01/06/2010, 12:54 PM
Madrid to offer £95mill for Rooney?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/01/manchester-united-prepared-for-record-breaking-95m-real-madrid-bid/

old git
01/06/2010, 11:15 PM
Madrid to offer £95mill for Rooney?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/01/manchester-united-prepared-for-record-breaking-95m-real-madrid-bid/

cant see it happening ... unless glazers / board agree to sell over fergie's head ,, which could see major conflict between both parties at old trafford .... :o

KK77
19/07/2010, 1:11 PM
Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm the signing of Joe Cole on a four-year deal.

The England midfielder has agreed personal terms with the Reds and will undergo a medical in the next 48 hours.

Cole becomes the club's second signing of the summer after Milan Jovanovic.

The 28-year-old arrives from Chelsea, where he won three league titles and two FA Cups during a seven-year spell.

He is a product of the West Ham youth system and has represented his country 56 times, scoring 10 goals in the process.

Roo69
19/07/2010, 4:20 PM
Really good signing to Liverpool

superfrank
19/07/2010, 8:45 PM
Amazing signing for Liverpool. He always made a big difference for Chelsea when he was in the side.

Swapping Benayoun for Cole is a very good move by Liverpool. Benayoun is a good player but I'd take Cole over him any day.

ped_ped
20/07/2010, 3:27 PM
I'd take Cole over Benayoun, too.

And I'd DEFINITELY take Cole + £5,500,000 over Benayoun :p

gaiscíoch
20/07/2010, 3:34 PM
Being the nature of these signings. I would say Cole got a £3million signing on fee and about £15,000 more than he would have gotten from the clubs who were interested in him.
I would also think that Chelsea wouldn't be paying the Benayoun transfer in one lump sum either.

Never the less it's a good bit of business for Liverpool in terms of the player they acquired.
If Woy can keep him fit that is which judging by Duffers (32games) situation he will manage it properly.