PDA

View Full Version : Champions' League

pineapple stu
06/04/2004, 8:43 PM
All the talk about an Arsenal v. Madrid semi in the Champions' League - and they're both out in the quarters! Chelsea win 2-1 in Highbury (Ranieri'll still get sacked for some reason though), Monaco win 3-1 and go through on away goals after a 5-5 draw. AC Milan must be delighted!

NigeSausagepump
06/04/2004, 9:37 PM
I wonder what odds you'd have got last week on Arse winning nothing this season? Fairly lengthy I'll bet. They still don't look like they can kill teams off when under intense pressure, bit like last season.

As for Chelsea, it'd be fantastic to see Duffer get a Champions League medal, even if he didn't play that well for them over the two legs of the QF.

liamon
07/04/2004, 8:41 AM
Two bad results and everyone seems to be questioning Arsenal. I'm not a fan, but they are still a very impressive team. Having sadi that, I do hope thye go to bits and we can see Duffer or John oShea and Roy pick up the league medals.

Aside from DUffer winninga CL medal, who wouldn't like to see Ranieri leading a team to glory? I think he's got to be one of the most popular figures in football with the ordinary fans.

pete
07/04/2004, 9:40 AM
Arsenal choked again.

Madrid looked poor in highlights.

Chelsea were still 7/2 to win game when 1-1 with 15mins to go.