Lim till i die
13/05/2010, 8:50 PM
bet if rovers wanted it they wud get it .... fai want it to be in dublin

Shush man, the adults are talking!!

He's supporting Limerick there (i think!!), no point having a bash off Rovers

Jicked
13/05/2010, 8:55 PM
bet if rovers wanted it they wud get it .... fai want it to be in dublin

In fairness this doesn't have anything to do with a Dublin bias, sure the FAI brought games to Limerick recently and the public didn't exactly turn out in droves, it's just a farcical decision.

bluepowers
13/05/2010, 8:55 PM
if any dublin club got it they dont care about us in limerick

Dodge
13/05/2010, 9:04 PM
if any dublin club got it they dont care about us in limerick

They don't care about you or they're biased against you?

As Jicked said, its a nonsense decision but geography isn't the reason for it

bluepowers
13/05/2010, 11:05 PM
Fai hate limerick fc thats all

Jofspring
13/05/2010, 11:06 PM
Seriously bluepowers, it nothing to do with hating Limerick FC.

Jofspring
13/05/2010, 11:08 PM
To be fair, this is a show stopper. If its in a contract then theres just no go. What can they do?

Something about that smells of a bull**** excuse though, especially when they follow it up with two more rubbish ones.

srfc1928
13/05/2010, 11:13 PM
Dont be daft, they dont hate you, its just youre not shams.

MariborKev
13/05/2010, 11:32 PM
We've had two **** ups already this week. I can't wait to see what the FAI follow it up with tomorrow for the hat trick.

I'm predictining an announcement of a resurrection of Dublin City, financed by Michael Fingelton and Seany Fitzpatrick.

bluepowers
13/05/2010, 11:43 PM
as you can see fai want barca in dublin ..... i wonder could we do it without fai permission LIMERICK FC XI?

bluewhitearmy
14/05/2010, 12:05 AM

Will you ever shut up wit this complete crap.

The Fai screw every club not just us or have you any clue what actually goes on other places.

About the 3rd party thing would that not have been the case with Platinum 1 bringing Madrid over?

bluewhitearmy
14/05/2010, 12:09 AM
as you can see fai want barca in dublin ..... i wonder could we do it without fai permission LIMERICK FC XI?

They want em in the aviva not Dublin if the Aviva was in Tullamore they would still want them there now just stop talking crap please.

Lim till i die
14/05/2010, 12:11 AM
bluepowers either stfu or change your avatar, the garbage out of you is mortifying.

The reason they gave the club is in the clubs statement I'd imagine, that third party crap is well, crap.

GGAJD
14/05/2010, 1:25 AM
Maybe this 'third party commercial agreement' b*llox is an arrangement with airtricity not to have any friendlies or whatever on days/nights where league games, sponsored by them, are down to take place. If this is the case, Limerick should lobby the company to waive this agreement for one night only. Think of the huge positive pr airtricity would get for assuring Limerick people get to see Barca in their city. 'made possible by airtricity' banners or something all over the shop, and it would still leave the FAIlures looking like the absolute cnuts they are, just a thought.

DmanDmythDledge
14/05/2010, 2:01 AM
Will you ever shut up wit this complete crap.

The Fai screw every club not just us or have you any clue what actually goes on other places.

About the 3rd party thing would that not have been the case with Platinum 1 bringing Madrid over?

bluepowers either stfu or change your avatar, the garbage out of you is mortifying.

The reason they gave the club is in the clubs statement I'd imagine, that third party crap is well, crap.
I wouldn't be surprised if this 3rd party arrangement is something to do with Platinum 1 arranging their planned game with Barca...although if that was the case they would have hardly agreed to the Limerick friendly.

Lim till i die
14/05/2010, 2:09 AM
Lads, it doesn't take a mighty intellect to figure out exactly what has gone on here.

Those in the know will know.

Ezeikial
14/05/2010, 2:14 AM
Lads, it doesn't take a mighty intellect to figure out exactly what has gone on here.

Those in the know will know.

What is the point in posting that cryptic nonsense?

I have a low intellect - pour some of your wisedom on me

Lim till i die
14/05/2010, 2:27 AM
What is the point in posting that cryptic nonsense?

I have a low intellect - pour some of your wisedom on me

The point was that you actually have some people posting on here treating the FAI's statement as if it has some credibility or actual grounding in fact.

DannyInvincible
14/05/2010, 2:44 AM
The point was that you actually have some people posting on here treating the FAI's statement as if it has some credibility or actual grounding in fact.

Are you implying that these "third-party commercial agreements" don't exist?

OneRedArmy
14/05/2010, 9:15 AM
Those in the know will know.Clearly.

Otherwise they wouldn't be "in the know".

Ash
14/05/2010, 9:27 AM
.... i wonder could we do it without fai permission LIMERICK FC XI?

I think for that to happen the players would all have to be released from contracts/fai registration for the game
and re-registered in time for the next match.

Could be way off the mark there but nearly sure I heard of a similar instance with players having to be released
to take part in a Legends game or something

shep
14/05/2010, 11:32 AM
Its great to be a fan in a league where the governing body are a shower of cnuts!!

fionnsci
16/05/2010, 3:50 PM
It's an absolute disgrace that this can't go ahead BUT the FAI don't want to make more enemies than is absolutely necessary there must be some legal reason why they can't authorise this freindly.

Why does it even need FAI authorisation? Can Limerick, Barcelona and Munster Rugby not make a private agreement, hire their own ref, stewards etc. and go it alone?

OneRedArmy
16/05/2010, 4:06 PM
Why does it even need FAI authorisation? Can Limerick, Barcelona and Munster Rugby not make a private agreement, hire their own ref, stewards etc. and go it alone?No. Have you even read the thread?

Hairy Bowsie
16/05/2010, 4:07 PM
Delighted with this decision. Would have given another team in the same division as Shels, a major leg up money wise. Who exactly wants to see their rivals do well?

LK37oldskool
16/05/2010, 4:18 PM
Delighted with this decision. Would have given another team in the same division as Shels, a major leg up money wise. Who exactly wants to see their rivals do well?

News shocker! disgruntled shels fan voices his opinion. Jeez we should all be getting behind this,it could easily be ye next that the FAI screw over,Christ ye've been through enough over the last few years,by makin these comments your doing the FAI's job.

DannyInvincible
16/05/2010, 4:49 PM

For real?

Lim till i die
16/05/2010, 4:57 PM

The smallest club in Dublin still crying about Colin Scanlon.

Build a bridge and all that.

Hairy Bowsie
16/05/2010, 7:35 PM
News shocker! disgruntled shels fan voices his opinion.

I'm sorry, i didn't realise i wasn't allowed one. As for the rest of your nonsense. Can you not see the ridiculousness of you being in favour of an idea that would make Shels or any rival club A LOT of money and keep them out of sight of your own club for at least 5 years?

Just because it's a small league doesn't mean we should all support each other. I hate this notion that we should all row in together behind the common enemy of barstoolers or the Premiership. I don't care 1 iota about the Premiership so i don't even class it as an enemy. People can support what they like.

For real?

Of course. I can understand that a lot of people might not agree with the sentiment but is it really that hard to grasp?

The smallest club in Dublin still crying about Colin Scanlon.

Build a bridge and all that.

What are you bitching about? Might upset you to learn i was over Colin Scanlon days after because i have a life otherwise. This isn't about your stab city Franchise, i'd think the same if it was any club. Every other club in this league (both divisions) are rivals of my club and i never want them to get ahead and will never wish them luck. The same logic will see me wish none of the league clubs success in Europe.

Lim till i die
16/05/2010, 7:45 PM
I'm sorry, i didn't realise i wasn't allowed one. As for the rest of your nonsense. Can you not see the ridiculousness of you being in favour of an idea that would make Shels or any rival club A LOT of money and keep them out of sight of your own club for at least 5 years?

Just because it's a small league doesn't mean we should all support each other. I hate this notion that we should all row in together behind the common enemy of barstoolers or the Premiership. I don't care 1 iota about the Premiership so i don't even class it as an enemy. People can support what they like.

From my own point of view I couldn't give a solitary toss about any other club in the league.

But if you look at the posts on here, aside from the Limerick fans, I don't think the general sentiment is "Oh, no Limerick aren't going to make loads and loads of money" (You know about as much about the financial ins and outs of this as a cat knows about his father btw but that's beside the point).

The general consensus is "Jaysus, look at this incompetent shower running our league, how are we supposed to get on". That's a league Shels are a part of as well, for the next four or five years anyway I suppose.

Basically, you can't see the wood from the trees and rather than coming across as some sort of pure Shels fan, you have came across as a bitter minnow. Oh dear.

In summary worry about the state of the governance of the league and worry about Shels. You needn't bother worrying about Limerick. :ball:

fionnsci
16/05/2010, 8:47 PM
No. Have you even read the thread?

No I haven't. By the time I first saw it it already had 8 pages. Sorry for asking a question.

DannyInvincible
16/05/2010, 8:57 PM
Of course. I can understand that a lot of people might not agree with the sentiment but is it really that hard to grasp?

Not at all. It just seemed so insular and out-of-touch that I thought it might have been irony. You don't really grasp the big picture, do you?

LK37oldskool
16/05/2010, 8:59 PM
What are you bitching about? Might upset you to learn i was over Colin Scanlon days after because i have a life otherwise. This isn't about your stab city Franchise, i'd think the same if it was any club. Every other club in this league (both divisions) are rivals of my club and i never want them to get ahead and will never wish them luck. The same logic will see me wish none of the league clubs success in Europe.[/QUOTE]

Hairy man,dont appreciate this comment,tbh your outta line,no one has thrown any dirt in your direction except for questioning your motive. If you want to get into a slagging match come on to our forum and make that comment,if you have the balls.

DannyInvincible
16/05/2010, 9:04 PM
If you want to get into a slagging match come on to our forum and make that comment,if you have the balls.

That'll learn 'im. :P

Lim till i die
17/05/2010, 1:10 AM
Noel Mooney, if your reading this as well, you're no longer welcome in Limerick, don't bother doing your smiley, hand shakey routine with any of the lads anymore, you snivelling, incompetent, carrerist.

No harm, I wonder how you got in the door on day one. :rolleyes: