PDA

View Full Version : connection between europa league final and friendly in flancare last season

Martinho II
16/05/2010, 1:49 PM
I heard this on the supporters club bus on friday nite there was a player in the Athletico Madrid team that played against Fulham last week and played for them in the preseason friendly against us last season..
Guess who?

Perea who was no 3 in the first team for athletico.. Hes only 19 and played for them in Flancare last season and I believe that he scored for them in flansiro too!

:D

De Town
16/05/2010, 3:48 PM
The Perea that played in the final was 31 year old Columbian international Luis Amaranto Perea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Amaranto_Perea

Now I don't have the friendly teams off hand but I highly doubt he was the Perea who played against us last year. He's been in the Atletico first team for a good few years at this stage.

outspoken
16/05/2010, 4:38 PM
Just had a look at the program from that game and I have Perea lined out as the no.7 with a goal to his name I wonder was it the same one I remember someone coming up to me at the game and telling me he was the Columbian captain and he was asking the other Athletico players was he there with them but they didn't understand him but il do my best to find out if its the same perea

outspoken
16/05/2010, 4:56 PM
Just looked back at the video and while there was a player called Perea who did score its certainty not the one that just won the Europa League

Martinho II
17/05/2010, 4:55 PM
thats a pity it would have being a good story..:(