PDA

View Full Version : It's a game of two halves, innit?

avvenalaf
15/05/2010, 9:52 PM
If there ever was a game of two halves it was tonight. Coming up to half time the natives were becoming very restless and there were dark mutterings about Paul Cook. Then Richie Ryan scored an absolute gem and Drogheda lost a centre back and well, the rest is history. I was very critical about Richie Ryan last season but I have to say that he has been excellent this season and tonight, he was head and shoulders over everyone else on the pitch. Apart from his goal, his ability to kill a ball and find a pass is quite exceptional and this season could be a biggie for his career.
Has to be said that Drogheda were a total shambles in second half and it could have gone into double figures. Nonetheless, second half could be turning point and roll on plastic Dundalk.
On another note, I see that my name is being taken in vain by the programme makers and I want to point out that I have no association with any 'joke page'.
I have instructed my solicitors, Sue, Grabbet & Runne in this matter and there will be boys heading into NAMA over this.

redarmyfaction
17/05/2010, 8:00 PM
TBH if there hadn't been a sending off and we didn't sneak the goal before HT we looked like we could very well lose that game. We were utterly dire for some of the later parts of the first half, concentration levels and work levels falling off a cliff from time to time. CMG.