PDA

View Full Version : Behavior issues

outspoken
15/05/2010, 11:31 AM
I am physically sick after last nights game VS Harps it was a discrase and never have I felt so bad after a defeat. But there was another incident that really upset alot of the Town fans. Anyone that was in Finn park last night or has ever been there will know that the players leave the field by going through the stand. And last night as the stewards stopped the gates to let the players through to the dressing rooom I happened to be standing right next to the players as the came off the field and fair play to some of the lads such as Cathal Brady and Phil Byrne the walked by us and clapped at us and gave us a wink to say thanks for travelling and supporting them as they left the field.

But then We saw Conlon coming over he was the 1st player to leave the field and we let him know what we thought of his performance and he told us to **** off. Now surley that is no way for a footballer to behave no matter what was being said to him. He might have had the right to say that if we were abusing him by going over the top like some fans do but all we said was your useless conlon. And then the man standing behind me (I wont say who it was) started shouting at Tony Cousins and cousins stopped and turned around and stared him out of it. What kind of example is that being set by the manager.

there are also rumors that Conlon had a bust up with Aaron Shannahan at half time because apparently Conlon brushed Aaron aside and then it all kicked off.

Now this behavior is simply not good enough and I honestly hope that Cousins and Conlon come out and appoligise for their performance and their behavior.

If you dont believe this all happened just ask Mourthino he was on the bus with me and heard everything that went on.

This simply isnt good enough and some heads are going to have to roll.

De Town
15/05/2010, 12:39 PM
Wasn't at the game myself, but judging by your report on it....

I don't think Conlon's reaction is that bad tbh, especially if you were abusing him about his performance, which you said you were. I'd say if you were in his shoes and you heard people abusing you then you'd feel like telling them to **** off as well.

With regards to Cousins, what do you expect him to do in that situation as well? I'm sure when he turned around he felt like tearing into your man, but he obviously bit his tongue and walked away, and he should be commended for that. The performance obviously was absolutely ****e judging by the few reports I've read, but I don't see what abusing the players/management is going to do to make it better.

I know Kieran that you want Cousins out, judging by reading your blog and a few posts on here, but that would be a ridiculous move at this moment in time. We're turning into Real ****ing Madrid with the amount of managers we're going through. Sacking another one is pointless, especially after 12 games in charge. Look at it this way, we've already won half the amount of games that we won last season in only 1/3 of the amount of games. That's not bad going. Realistically, we're not going to be challenging for promotion for a few seasons at least, and any progress on the pitch is positive imo, no matter how small.

hollocaine
15/05/2010, 12:51 PM
But then We saw Conlon coming over he was the 1st player to leave the field and we let him know what we thought of his performance and he told us to **** off. Now surley that is no way for a footballer to behave no matter what was being said to him. He might have had the right to say that if we were abusing him by going over the top like some fans do but all we said was your useless conlon. And then the man standing behind me (I wont say who it was) started shouting at Tony Cousins and cousins stopped and turned around and stared him out of it. What kind of example is that being set by the manager.

You're an idiot. I've read your inadvertently amusing posts on here over the last few weeks and I've come to the conclusion that you're not all there. "All we said was your (sp?) useless Conlon" : what kind of support is that? He had a bad game and knows it. The game is over and you tell him that as he's walking by. I would have told you where to go as well.

In terms of Cousins, he's going to be disappointed that the players are not performing on the field. He's assembled a decent squad on paper and it not happening yet, however it's not all his fault. Certain experienced players are not performing to a good enough level. Cousins can't do everything for these players if they're not doing the business once they cross the whitewash. He's one of the best LOI players over the last 20 years so he knows his stuff and doesn't need so-called supporters shouting sh!t at him.

We've had 5 different managers since Alan Mathews left 2 and a half years ago. Dozens of players have come and gone during that time. The club will never improve with that sort of instability. Cousins has to be given at least a full season before people starting losing the rag. Just look at the quiet improvements Monaghan and Limerick have made because their managers have put the time in. So, less of this Cousins out nonsense.

Tallanted
15/05/2010, 1:08 PM
Your lucky he only told you to F off, he has taken some fair stick the last couple of weeks, people blaming the keeper all the time for his mistakes but no mention of the other under par performances. I would be more concerned bout some of the experienced players not performing as oppossed to a young keeper who was playing leinster senior league football this time last year. Another Bs thread it's becoming boring.

De Town
15/05/2010, 1:21 PM
Oh FFS...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=122052641156205

L.T.F.C.
15/05/2010, 1:29 PM
Players know they didn't play well. They don't need fĂșcking idiots that shout at the manager and players. It sickens me to sit in the stand listening to these idiots. They have no idea what they're talking about. I'd have told them to **** off too. There is supporters and then there is these people.
I remember a few years ago in Inchicore a poster on here started to give Matthews a load of abuse after the game. A couple of minutes in, the true followers started shouting at him to shut up... he did so. Why don't you defend the players Master Burke!? Absolutely no occasion for abuse like that after a game!

outspoken
15/05/2010, 1:56 PM
If ye were up at the game you would have been as angry as all of us were and its not as if we went over the top and brought his family into it or swore abusively at him like some fans do when they go over the top.

I always try to support Town players and managers but its become ridiculous especially when we have a top class keeper on the bench

Tallanted
15/05/2010, 2:15 PM
shanahan hasnt done well when in this year either, the keeper is not issue! we have stopped scoring goals but nobody wants to talk about the outfield issues

De Town
15/05/2010, 2:31 PM
Shanahan hasn't exactly covered himself in glory when he's played this season.

Answer this for me Kieran, what were you going to gain from abusing the players/management after the game last night?

outspoken
15/05/2010, 3:55 PM
right first off we didnt abuse them we just let them know we wernt happy and we did it because we wanted to let them know it wasnt good enough and like I said Cousins needs to come out an apologise to the fans that travelled up their and wasted all their money to watch a heartless display.

This in no way is personal against Cousins or Conlon but when you love your club so much its hard to take

Massop 10
15/05/2010, 5:15 PM
Firstly Marty was walkin out with us so he couldn't have heard that goin on cos he left long after ye ! In fairness what would you expect when you tell a player he is useless !!!! If you were at a game when I was playing and I had a crap game then you shout into my face "Your useless" I'd rip your head off ! So to be honest you are lucky he only told you to F*** Off ! As for Cousins, he needs to be given time. I think he will be the last manager who will want the Town job if they keep chopping and changing managers !

Longfordian
15/05/2010, 7:38 PM
Agree with the sensible posts here. Cousins has come out a couple of times already and apologised for performances in public. Personally I wouldn't bother if I was him, where does it end, do ye need an apology every time we lose?. We're paying very little money because we have very little money not helped by the fact we only have 100 or so turning up to games. What do people expect? We're not going to go down, we're not going to go up. Let him have a go at building a team and don't be thinking personal abuse is ok because we lose. It f***in isn't as far as Im concerned

The Insider
15/05/2010, 9:39 PM
Wasnt at the game so its hard to give a real opinion but from speaking to people that were there it seems Conlon was unlucky not to be the first Town player to score a hat trick this season. Its tough being a goalkeeper but thats 3 very costly mistakes he has made and it seems the fans are more annoyed about them than him. To a lot of people his attitude stinks. He likes taking the praise but seems to laugh it off when he messes up, hes 21 not 10. I think the incident after the game was heat of the moment stuff from both parties, fans annoyed after watching it and him after messing up. Talk of Cousins out is a bit premature, we need stability. And if we get rid who do we bring in, please god don't mention the R word. Cousins though has to make changes and play his best players. Shanahan may not be the keeper he was last yr but at this moment hes better than Conlon, that has been the issue in the last few games. Individual mistakes have cost us in most games, hes made 3 in two games. Heard Gary Cronin was bad last night,surely Lee should be in there against Monaghan and start Deans as well.

Cabs88
15/05/2010, 11:14 PM
Oh FFS...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=122052641156205

Absolute ****in joke..

The Insider
15/05/2010, 11:54 PM
Im surprised people actually joined it. On another matter I know people are entitled to their opinion but just after reading a so-called match report from the creator of that facebook page: http://thefootballblog23.blogspot.com/ (http://thefootballblog23.blogspot.com/) Unless hes careful hes going to find himself in a lot of trouble especially spreading rumours about a rift between the two keepers. If anything did happen, which Im sure it didnt, would it become public knowledge, I dont think so. The report is that bad, I had to laugh.

Massop 10
16/05/2010, 12:09 AM
I was there and distance myself from all in this report http://thefootballblog23.blogspot.com/ I may have shouted when the goals went in but that was it ! Conlon knew he had a stinker so whats the point of having a go at him when he is leaving the pitch.
I heard no rumours of a row in the dressing room ! Also Cousins has NOT lost the dressing room, that is DEFINATE !!!!!

The Insider
16/05/2010, 12:20 AM
I wonder where he lost it, shouldnt be that hard to find. Fair play to Cousins for not reacting, cant believe staring someone out of it is a crime.

Town Legend
16/05/2010, 1:17 AM
As a former keeper I can honestly say Conlon hasn't got what it takes to be a first choice keeper in the League Of Ireland. Cousins has to put Shanahan back in. As for shouting abuse at Conlon and Cousins after the game...totally out of order. If someone called me out after a game I'd tell them to f*ck off and then spilt there nose open with a headbutt!!! Seriously Kieran time to grow up and realise we're going no where sacking managers after a few months and abusing our players when their coming off the pitch. We need to have some patience and as other posts above said we need to give Cousins 2 seasons at least to try and get something going.

Town Legend
16/05/2010, 1:18 AM
just a note on the blog.....I read half a page a while ago, didn't finish it and haven't been back since. Pure and utter sh*te!

Ash
16/05/2010, 10:12 AM
... started shouting at Tony Cousins and cousins stopped and turned around and stared him out of it. What kind of example is that being set by the manager.

A far better example than if he had turned around and told you to funk off like Conlon did!

Frank76
16/05/2010, 10:51 AM
And then the man standing behind me (I wont say who it was) started shouting at Tony Cousins and cousins stopped and turned around and stared him out of it.

Lads I think what Kieran is trying to say is that he thinks Tony Cousins is Clark Kent in disguise!!! Only a bad Clark Kent who uses his super powers like his eye zapping move to destroy Kieran and his abusive buddies!!!

outspoken
16/05/2010, 11:21 AM
And I only said I heard rumours of a bust up between the two keepers im not saying its true its just what I heard at the match sorry if its not true...

bluewhitearmy
16/05/2010, 12:33 PM
Kieran i think its very harsh to want Cousins out after such a short time.

We had an awful year last year and a poor enough start this year because it took a while for our lads to get used to Scullys way of doing things but we are in the best form we have been in for years now.

This year could just be a building year like us last year and ye may kick on next year.

Lionel Ritchie
16/05/2010, 12:50 PM
...And last night as the stewards stopped the gates to let the players through to the dressing rooom I happened to be standing right next to the players as the came off the field and fair play to some of the lads such as Cathal Brady and Phil Byrne the walked by us and clapped at us and gave us a wink to say thanks for travelling and supporting them as they left the field.

Now this behavior is simply not good enough and I honestly hope that Cousins and Conlon come out and appoligise for their performance and their behavior.
This simply isnt good enough and some heads are going to have to roll.

This might be the funniest post I've ever read on foot.ie

Bloke hurls personalised dogs abuse into the faces of his own players and managment and then gets an indignant gub on when told to go f*** himself. Oh mmmmmmmmmmmmercy.

Martinho II
16/05/2010, 1:57 PM
I have done some stupid things in the past but I have never gone to a dressing room or tunnel to roar abuse at the players.. I was very angry at the game and voiced my disapproval in the stand but theres a limit to what you can do..

I remember Section Os response after a poor performance in the 2004 season was to give a few slow hand claps to players goin out on the pitch after the game.. I got so much grief for what we did but it turned out to be effective as town dramatically turned around their season.. I am no angel but there is a right way to do things..

Kieran I am sorry I admire your passion but you will get yourself in trouble one day if you keep doing this.. Its not professional from a supporter and you will get the clubs back up and you could get banned from future matches if Tony Cousins or Stephen Conlon put in a complaint about ye..

Maybe Conlon and Shanahan arent the answer in goals but wait till midterm break and see if Cousins makes the promised changes..I am quite happy to reserve judgement to the end of the season as we have made too many changes managerialwise anyway..

outspoken
16/05/2010, 5:45 PM
Like i said i wasnt abusive just said useless but your right im gona leave it their and forget about it and hopefully we can get the show on the road again VS Mons friday night. Fair play to de town for putting the game on friday cause alot of people wouldnt have gone on saturday because of the champs lge final.

outspoken
19/05/2010, 6:16 PM
Just to let you all know that me and Stephen Conlon are now cool. We were talking to each other on Facebook and we agreed that we were BOTH in the wrong and we've moved on which is great.

Longfordian
19/05/2010, 7:02 PM
Young love. It has its ups and downs..;)

howsyourtouch
31/05/2010, 11:23 PM
i have been away from here for a good while and am kinda just shocked by this thread!disillusional and silly! whatever about telling a player to get his finger out during a match or that abusing him after a match that he had a stinker in and then being shocked when told to f**k off is just laughable! And so what if, and im just saying IF the two keepers did have a bit of an arguement in the dressing room,that stay in the dressing room! tensions do be high, have often seen lads come to blows in dressing rooms over the years,its football it happens but it stays at that!bad form to be speculating about it on here!