PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2009/10

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

the 12 th man
14/05/2010, 3:45 PM
If you want to post in this thread keep it civil,if you can't do that don't bother posting as it'll end up in you getting a ban.

Try not post stuff that we've seen about 50 times at this stage.

lfc at heart
14/05/2010, 3:56 PM
does anyone know the reason the abbration commitee stood by the fai

silvercircle
14/05/2010, 4:05 PM

Because they were told to by john delaney..the same man who would deny the soccer people in limerick (and munster) a chance to see barcelona play in thomond park, a bad day for Limerick soccer...never a fan of roy keane but i understand why he has such a dislike for the people who run soccer in this country.

KUFCMan
14/05/2010, 4:13 PM
Are the 3 Junior teams playing in the FAI Senior Cup this weekend?

Tullamore V Fairview Rangers
Bluebell V Pike
Regional V Belgrove

Does anyone know if these games are going ahead?

neverseenit
14/05/2010, 4:20 PM
i think fairview will win the fai now...

blackjack
14/05/2010, 4:21 PM
MOD EDIT/

Exactly the type of post we don't want here.

neverseenit
14/05/2010, 4:23 PM
maybe because pike were illegal in the whole competition ...that might have something to do with it....if they werent they would be no objection and they would be in the semi final...

AB84
14/05/2010, 4:43 PM

Bluebell V Pike
Regional V Belgrove

Would Pike still get to play?? or would Michaels play?

Begrudger
14/05/2010, 5:57 PM
When is the other semi to be played

daisycutter
14/05/2010, 6:05 PM
big can of worms opened for pike now isnt there!!!thats a cop out of a decision,well done delaney and co ............saipan........

faces
14/05/2010, 7:11 PM
hopefuly the limerick teams will let pike get on with winning the league and give us all a break at this stage from objections.did we all hear the saying may the best man win.in other words pike are best in league and deserve to win whehter we like it or not.hopefuly the ldmc will use common sense and throw out these objections being handed into them.

Bonovox
14/05/2010, 7:24 PM
As Roy the boy told us when we lost to France - get over it and move on. Pike played an illegal player - the Irish love their ould conspiracy theories. Its black and white - you snooze you loose.

buster27
14/05/2010, 9:17 PM
Shame to see Pike going out of the cup like this.. But fair is fair, they fielded an illegal player and the correct decision was upheld today..
If it was the other way around Pike would have objected.

Hopefully Fairview do us proud and bring the cup back to Limerick

MikeBassett
14/05/2010, 9:22 PM
Is this THE end of it so? When are St. Michael's playin Town? When is the final itself pencilled in for?

Fairkop
14/05/2010, 10:03 PM
its a shame for pike and limerick soccer but having been knocked back 3 times now its time for pike to move on and hopefully continue with the rest of their season.

twohalves
14/05/2010, 10:37 PM
What a pity.An all-Limerick final would have been brilliant with two of the best run clubs in Ireland playing in Jackman! Lets be honest,Pike would have stuffed Mick's in any replay that may have happened as they did fairly in the quarter final.If there's any football justice it will be Town v Fairview in the final and lets all hope that it is a good final afterall to put a disastrous off the field season behind everyone.Pike will no doubt come back even stronger next season and already will be a good bet for the FAI in 2011.

van der wheil
15/05/2010, 10:24 AM
Can anyone tell me why certain people on here are blaming John delaney for this??An independent arbitration barrister yesterday ruled Pike were illegal - regardless of Mr Delaneys standing in the game he would have had no influence on that decision.Its very unfortuunate what has happened to Pike as i have no doubt they thought Colm Caroll was eligible to play but if it was Balla,Fairview or Boro at arbitration yesterday the same verdict would have been delievered if they too had fielded an illegal player.

white line
15/05/2010, 12:46 PM
Right result, Pike are gone there is an old saying what goes around comes around.
And it has come around big time FAI, MJC, possible loss of league points aswell.

Fairview, league and FAI champions take note Pike, how the biggest junior club in the country behaves itself on and OFF THE FIELD.

Mega Tots
15/05/2010, 2:36 PM
Right result, Pike are gone there is an old saying what goes around comes around.
And it has come around big time FAI, MJC, possible loss of league points aswell.

Fairview, league and FAI champions take note Pike, how the biggest junior club in the country behaves itself on and OFF THE FIELD.

Yeah because calling Fairview champions already is a very respectful way to behave...pot kettle black

MainManRam
15/05/2010, 2:54 PM
Having being knocked out by Pike in the 1/4 finals I am not going to have too much sympathy for them in this instance. If they did the crime they have to do the time. Its a pity the biggest club competition in europe is dragged into the mud like this. I wisj good luck to the teams left and may the best team win.

neverseenit
15/05/2010, 4:42 PM
Having being knocked out by Pike in the 1/4 finals I am not going to have too much sympathy for them in this instance. If they did the crime they have to do the time. Its a pity the biggest club competition in europe is dragged into the mud like this. I wisj good luck to the teams left and may the best team win.

no one better than pike to drag it down

nononsense
15/05/2010, 8:00 PM

Bluebell V Pike
Regional V Belgrove

Played to-day - Bluebell 2 St.Michaels 1.

orchardfester
15/05/2010, 10:35 PM
hopefuly aaron moroney will get his suspension overturned by mfa.its an absolute joke that tommy lewis is trying to uphold the ban for the fai.obviously they knew(st micks) that they were going to win their appeal.they have some pull not only in tsdl but also in fai.come on the town and moroney to get hat trick.

You've got to be joking, for the kind of tackle that he put in the suspension should stand in all competitions.

KUFCMan
15/05/2010, 11:37 PM
So when do Clonmel play St Michaels and where will it be played
The winners play Fairview I take it,cant remember cos its been so long

francesco_1
16/05/2010, 12:24 AM
So when do Clonmel play St Michaels and where will it be played
The winners play Fairview I take it,cant remember cos its been so long

The final is on in Cork, Turners cross. I forget the date for the final though.

clown town
16/05/2010, 8:14 AM
does anyone know if fairview are sending their full side up to play tullamore today,if so they are a great price at 11/8 cas tullamore are very poor.

van der wheil
16/05/2010, 1:25 PM
Remind me again of the FAI count of both clubs??

tipp man
17/05/2010, 7:18 AM
This Sunday, 23rd March. Clonmel Town v St. Michaels. FAI Junior Cup semi-final. Kick off in Cahir Park at 3pm.

gaidin
17/05/2010, 7:44 AM
Did Pike play an illegal player against Michaels? The teams in previous rounds that Pike knocked out must feel hard done by. Michaels getting a bye to semi practically.

saintsfan
17/05/2010, 9:41 AM
Did Pike play an illegal player against Michaels? The teams in previous rounds that Pike knocked out must feel hard done by. Michaels getting a bye to semi practically.
St Michaels arent the only ones involved here, as far as I know Carrick got a bye in the Munster junior Final against Clonmel Town and Pike are getting deducted 21 points from the Limerick League (i stand to be corrected here, no doubt i will!)

saintsfan
17/05/2010, 9:42 AM
was at the Youths Joe Delaney Final in Cahir yesterday and I thought the announcer that kick off was 2PM - is it 3 bells? Cahir Park looking in excellent condition for the big one next Sunday!

saintsfan
17/05/2010, 9:43 AM
You've got to be joking, for the kind of tackle that he put in the suspension should stand in all competitions.

Totally agree - as far as I know, the suspension should be carried through to all games, no matter what the competition is.

saintsfan
17/05/2010, 9:45 AM
Played to-day - Bluebell 2 St.Michaels 1.

Wasnt there but heard Saints played very well, Bluebell only scored winner with 2 minutes left. That would put FAI Back another week if it was a draw, but it looks like this game is finally going ahead.

hooper74
17/05/2010, 12:26 PM
My money is on Saints to beat Town,its been a pretty disastrous season for saints but with the suspension of Moroney and Barry Ryan injured for the remainder of the season i think Town will struggle for goals especially against one of the best backlines in the competition,can only imagine the reaction if Saints go on and beat Fairview in the final :)

saintsfan
17/05/2010, 1:19 PM
My money is on Saints to beat Town,its been a pretty disastrous season for saints but with the suspension of Moroney and Barry Ryan injured for the remainder of the season i think Town will struggle for goals especially against one of the best backlines in the competition,can only imagine the reaction if Saints go on and beat Fairview in the final :)

Will Carrick get the same reaction if they beat Town in Munster Junior Cup Final! no offence, Saints aren't the only team getting the bye into Semi - to my knowledge Carrick have got bye into Munster Junior Cup, and if Munster Junior didnt pull the plug on Carrick/Pike game, Carrick had their paper work in order for an Objection too - If Saints win on Sunday, I dont doubt they will make it very hard for Town, with as you say, players injured/suspended, they will find Fairview very hard to beat, but look let's not look beyond on Sunday for the moment.

ronburgundy
17/05/2010, 1:34 PM
i fully expect town to progress, and all their players will play. shocked you can be so confident?? ye have been very poor this year at saints and town are in a munster final and have beaten ballymun while pike, to be fair, beat ye well. of course saints have to be confident in themselves but the whole country will be expectin a town win on sunday. best of luck to both sides

saintsfan
17/05/2010, 1:56 PM
i fully expect town to progress, and all their players will play. shocked you can be so confident?? ye have been very poor this year at saints and town are in a munster final and have beaten ballymun while pike, to be fair, beat ye well. of course saints have to be confident in themselves but the whole country will be expectin a town win on sunday. best of luck to both sides

totally agree, sorry I dont mean to be confident but we have to have faith in this team, I couldnt agree with you more about how Saints are playing this season, but they knocked out some big guns along the way too, Mervue utd, and Carrick utd, but they have to have confidence in themselves and have a lot to prove after what's been going on for the past few weeks. They seem to keep raise their game for the FAI. I second best of luck to both sides, there is nothing between them to be honest, they met three times this season (to my knowledge, i said to be corrected) - Town beat them in Cooke park in League, Saints drew with Town in other game in league and Saints beat them (in penos) in Tipp Cup so it is very tight and as always, their games are very entertaining with both sets of supporters always very vocal when they meet. We have no business in travelling to Cahir on Sunday if we dont think Saints can win. If Saints perform well on the day, they will be hard to beat as will Town. Good luck to everyone on the day.

blinkx
17/05/2010, 2:05 PM
I wonder what it's like to win an FAI when you know you've already been beaten in the competition...

gaidin
17/05/2010, 2:15 PM
Pretty good I would imagine...Especially if its the fai.

faces
17/05/2010, 2:50 PM
I wonder what it's like to win an FAI when you know you've already been beaten in the competition...

when a team is removed from the competition at the semi final stage for one blunder or another it is not the same winning without that team in it.people will always comment for years to come and say if pike were in it that year they would have won it especially if micks win it.

mulla
17/05/2010, 3:10 PM
when a team is removed from the competition at the semi final stage for one blunder or another it is not the same winning without that team in it.people will always comment for years to come and say if pike were in it that year they would have won it especially if micks win it.

very true,but no matter who wins it it is a tainted cup this year,even if pike had won it people would have brought up the illegal player thing for years also

trueview6
17/05/2010, 3:16 PM
very true,but no matter who wins it it is a tainted cup this year,even if pike had won it people would have brought up the illegal player thing for years also
I disagree i think we have a great chance now that pike are gone it had nothing to do with us and we hammered ye in the semi the cup wouldnt be tainted if regional got to the final mullins.

faces
17/05/2010, 3:20 PM
I disagree i think we have a great chance now that pike are gone it had nothing to do with us and we hammered ye in the semi the cup wouldnt be tainted if regional got to the final mullins.
exactly now that pike are gone.

Longshanks
17/05/2010, 3:21 PM

I wonder what its like to have been knocked out of the FAI Junior Cup and then hear a few months later that the team that knocked you out had played an illegal player against you??

mulla
17/05/2010, 3:22 PM

you obviously have me mistaken for a regional player,of course ye have a great chance sure there ain't many teams left

trueview6
17/05/2010, 3:29 PM
[QUOTE=mulla;1359297]you obviously have me mistaken for a regional player,of course ye have a great chance sure there ain't many teams left[/QUOTE
Mullins concentrate on the lawson.

widow
17/05/2010, 3:30 PM
Of course its tainted when a team knocks 3-4 teams out of it with an illegal player then the fai says its fair for one of those teams to get back in. At the end of the day St. Michaels should not have been given a bye into the semi final.

trueview6
17/05/2010, 3:31 PM
Yeah because calling Fairview champions already is a very respectful way to behave...pot kettle black
Is that why they call ye st michaels because ye are saints.

Insidetherock
17/05/2010, 3:33 PM
It really is strange to hear some of the Limerick posters here trying to claim that this years competition is tainted because Pike were disqualified. It's not. If anything, the competition should benefit from it, because now it will be won by a team who didn't break any rules to win it.

Pike fielded an illegal player. That is the long and short of the issue.

How would posters feel for example, if St Michaels turned up on Sunday with Shane Long playing up front, while he's home for his holidays after the end of the English season ?

It wouldn't be allowed of course. Because he would be an illegal player.

Pike are big boys. They've done the same before in the past to Clonmel Town if I remember correctly. They more than anyone should know the consequences of not having all your paperwork in order. So suck it up lads, and stop complaining. I can assure you, Pike will take a lot more care with the registration forms next year. And if they do, and win it, I will say fair play to them and wish them well. But they have no cause for complaint in this case.

Insidetherock
17/05/2010, 3:36 PM
Of course its tainted when a team knocks 3-4 teams out of it with an illegal player then the fai says its fair for one of those teams to get back in. At the end of the day St. Michaels should not have been given a bye into the semi final.

you are right there widow, but that would have necessitated going right back to round 1 and having the teams Pike beat play each other one by one until the correct opponents were found to play St Michaels. Given the timescale involved, this would probably have been impossible, though the team beaten in the last 16 might have a justifiable case for expecting a game against Michaels.

Or are you suggesting that Pike should have been allowed a replay ?