PDA

View Full Version : Steve 0 Flynn released by Northampton

bluepowers
14/05/2010, 11:29 AM
Ian Sampson has released half-a-dozen Northampton Town players

Luke Guttridge, Gary Mulligan, Joe Benjamin, John Curtis, (Stephen O'Flynn)

and Alex Dyer will all leave Sixfields this summer

.Bayo Akinfenwa, Abdul Osman, Andy Holt, Liam Davis, Peter Gilbert and Kevin Thornton have been offered new contracts.Assistant manager Malcolm Crosby meanwhile has signed a three-year deal to continue working alongside Sampson.

Jofspring
14/05/2010, 12:46 PM
We can offer him the chance to play Barca ha.

Seriously though i can see him signing for St.Pats or a similarly well placed Premier team.

Lim till i die
14/05/2010, 2:20 PM
Mods can this be moved to some Premier Division clubs forum :rolleyes:

bluepowers
14/05/2010, 3:09 PM
why LTID - we shud try get him back

Lim till i die
14/05/2010, 3:56 PM
why LTID - we shud try get him back

We should try sign real Ronaldo and mock Ronaldo aswell.

And try sign Ronan O'Gara to take our free kicks.

And get Barcelona to play in Thomond Park.

All sorts of crazy sheet. :D

thomas72
18/05/2010, 9:03 PM
well he was at the match tonight and from what i heard he is signing if o" flynn signs with limerick it would be the signing of the first division this season and i include o callaghan of waterford in that. o flynn and tierney up front be partnership in first divsion and some premier clubs at that. get it done limerick

Jofspring
18/05/2010, 9:51 PM
Would love to see him sign and if he is, sooner rather than later.

What do ye think lads, could he hit a similar count of goals this time around?

Monkfish
18/05/2010, 10:01 PM
Steve will be seen at plenty more grounds around the country in the coming weeks, lets not get too excited. (hope the fcuk he does sign btw just not getting my hopes up)

fieldofmarkets
18/05/2010, 10:08 PM
I would say so... the rest of the team is playing so much better now compared to last year..he'd have more chances anyway.

bluepowers
18/05/2010, 10:59 PM
We would def get top 3 with him back

Lim till i die
18/05/2010, 11:18 PM
If he signs (and I don't think he will btw) not only will we get top 3, I reckon we'd probably win the League.

Different class at this level.

Ryan
Kelly
White
Purcell
Deady
Tracy
Lyons
Boland
Kavanagh
Tierney
O'Flynn

Is a fantastic First Division side and crucially there's a squad there with more than capable players like Judge, Hughes, Kelleher, Cahill etc backing it up.

Don't worry though guys I can't see it. :)

Fermoy Blue
19/05/2010, 7:35 AM
well he was at the match tonight and from what i heard he is signing if o" flynn signs with limerick it would be the signing of the first division this season and i include o callaghan of waterford in that. o flynn and tierney up front be partnership in first divsion and some premier clubs at that. get it done limerick

Heard he met with Henderson during week

bluewhitearmy
19/05/2010, 12:32 PM
Heard he met with Henderson during week

Doubt it hes only home since Saturday.

Treaty Gooner
19/05/2010, 7:57 PM
Doubt it hes only home since Saturday.

This man knows... Do ya think he may have slipped into George O'Callaghan International Airport under cover of darkness and headed west to Hendo's army for a quick chat without your early warning system going off??

At the same time, he'd be a huge signing if he was to come back, worth making the trip into the Jacks for. Please please please.

bluewhitearmy
20/05/2010, 10:48 AM
This man knows... Do ya think he may have slipped into George O'Callaghan International Airport under cover of darkness and headed west to Hendo's army for a quick chat without your early warning system going off??

At the same time, he'd be a huge signing if he was to come back, worth making the trip into the Jacks for. Please please please.

Well he said during the week and he was definitely only home Saturday so unless it was Monday or Tuesday in Jackman after the Limerick match he was at he didn't simple really.

Or did hendo fly over to Northampton for a quick chat?

joeSoap
20/05/2010, 11:17 AM
Lads, Stephen will speak to anyone that wants to make him an offer-simple as that. He has no other career than football so its a simple case of whoever makes him the best offer wins. The timing of this isn't good...the window opening up in June and a shortage of qualty strikers knocking around. I'd imagine if the offer is around the same mark as the one made to him before he went to Northampton then he'd seriously consider it because it was a very good offer. Not sure if the club can afford it now after signing Boland, but wait and see.

Bluewhitearmy-Don't be so sensitive. If he came home on Saturday, that left him 5 days to have spoken to Henderson or anyone else for that matter. It's not a million miles from Mallow to anywhere in Munster and this could easily have been done in that timescale, as could a simple phone call.

I know Stephen a long time and he will make the decision thats best for himself-and who can blame him??

Lim till i die
20/05/2010, 4:37 PM
Not sure if the club can afford it now after signing Boland, but wait and see.

More poor quality speculation out of you Joe, you are of course incorrect, same as yesterday. :)

I know Stephen a long time and he will make the decision thats best for himself-and who can blame him

Well, if he has any sense Limerick is a much better option than Waterford on several levels and probably the best option in the Division unless he fancies trekking to Derry

bluewhitearmy
20/05/2010, 5:59 PM
Lads, Stephen will speak to anyone that wants to make him an offer-simple as that. He has no other career than football so its a simple case of whoever makes him the best offer wins. The timing of this isn't good...the window opening up in June and a shortage of qualty strikers knocking around. I'd imagine if the offer is around the same mark as the one made to him before he went to Northampton then he'd seriously consider it because it was a very good offer. Not sure if the club can afford it now after signing Boland, but wait and see.

Bluewhitearmy-Don't be so sensitive. If he came home on Saturday, that left him 5 days to have spoken to Henderson or anyone else for that matter. It's not a million miles from Mallow to anywhere in Munster and this could easily have been done in that timescale, as could a simple phone call.

I know Stephen a long time and he will make the decision thats best for himself-and who can blame him??

Pretty sure that from Saturday to Tuesday when Steve was in Limerick isn't 5 days.

You love the whole Boland on load of money thing don't ya Joe.

Treaty Gooner
20/05/2010, 11:25 PM
Ban em Joe, go mad with power!!

Please don't ban me.

Fermoy Blue
21/05/2010, 7:45 AM
Well, if he has any sense Limerick is a much better option than Waterford on several levels

Why?

joeSoap
21/05/2010, 8:18 AM
Not sure if the club can afford it now after signing Boland, but wait and see.

More poor quality speculation out of you Joe, you are of course incorrect, same as yesterday.

Can't see where the speculation in that is... I simply said that I thought the club might not be able to afford another big signing. I didn't say they couldn't. Your standards are slipping ltid...you used to be so much better at the sarcastic wind-up than this...;)

bluewhitearmy
21/05/2010, 9:39 AM
Well, if he has any sense Limerick is a much better option than Waterford on several levels

Why?

Why not?

Lim till i die
22/05/2010, 1:27 PM

Why?

Little things like far better training facilities and getting paid on time, every time.

Can't see where the speculation in that is... I simply said that I thought the club might not be able to afford another big signing. I didn't say they couldn't.

You weren't sure.

Be sure Joe.

The money is there.

I'm here to help you get through your worries.

joeSoap
25/05/2010, 8:35 AM
I'm here to help you get through your worries. This only worries me more...:eek:

LK37oldskool
13/06/2010, 10:53 AM
Another poster on the main page are claiming that Stevo is signing for Dundalk.Anyone got an update on this.

bluewhitearmy
22/06/2010, 8:33 AM
Another poster on the main page are claiming that Stevo is signing for Dundalk.Anyone got an update on this.

Dont think this one is true :D

LK37oldskool
22/06/2010, 12:13 PM
and a week later....... thank you.

bluewhitearmy
22/06/2010, 12:17 PM
Well i couldn't have known until he signed for someone now could i :)