PDA

View Full Version : 20 years ago today.....

Roo69
13/05/2010, 12:58 PM
We were beating St. Francis 3-0 in the cup in Lansdowne. Oh to be able to roll the clock back and do things differently after that win...

pineapple stu
13/05/2010, 1:00 PM
Jaysus! Remember the Bray squad coming around our school with the Cup after that.

What things would you change since then? (Other than last Friday :) )

BrayUnknowns
13/05/2010, 1:06 PM
Jaysus! Remember the Bray squad coming around our school with the Cup after that.

What things would you change since then? (Other than last Friday :) )

Well for one thing, the club lost a lot of local support for spending the cup final winnings on **** up for the players in the U.S of A instead of putting it back into the club. People still talk to me about that saying they would never put their foot in the Carlisle Grounds because of it.

notever
13/05/2010, 1:40 PM
I don't remember the Club going to the States after the Cup Final win........ they went to Turkey for the Cup Winners Cup game o.k.

KK77
13/05/2010, 3:12 PM
Well for one thing, the club lost a lot of local support for spending the cup final winnings on **** up for the players in the U.S of A instead of putting it back into the club. People still talk to me about that saying they would never put their foot in the Carlisle Grounds because of it.

Sure around 2001 when we go that investment (can't remember who from) that Dalglish helped us get and we were spending it on sending the players down to the Druids Glen play golf and stay over and the likes before the Bohs cup game in Dalymount. A complete and utter waste of good money being thrown away that could have been used more wisely.

BrayUnknowns
14/05/2010, 12:27 PM
Agreed, no need at all for a club in Ireland to waste money like that, especially a club like Bray who does not have a big enough fan base to bring in decent gates every other week.