http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=3696

Derry City v Shamrock Rovers
Limerick v Monaghan United
Sligo Rovers v St Patrick’s Athletic
Waterford United v Dundalk

(Yay another game v Sligo!)

Jofspring
12/05/2010, 11:36 AM
I'm going to go for Limerick, Shamrock Rovers, Sligo and Waterford to progress in this.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/05/2010, 12:26 PM
http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=3696

Derry City v Shamrock Rovers
Limerick v Monaghan United
Sligo Rovers v St Patrick’s Athletic
Waterford United v Dundalk

(Yay another game v Sligo!)

We're surely going to draw each other in the cup as well and go to a replay

Dodge
12/05/2010, 12:32 PM
yep, our first FAI Cup game is the weekend following this. 100% guarenteed to be Pats & sligo

Magicme
12/05/2010, 12:36 PM
I think Dundalk will win the EA Sports Cup this year. I dont fancy that trip to Jackman as its always a difficult one for us. Would have preferred Derry or Dundalk at home tbh for the fans and atmosphere but hey just delighted to be in the mix.

gspain
12/05/2010, 1:12 PM
I think Dundalk will win the EA Sports Cup this year. I dont fancy that trip to Jackman as its always a difficult one for us. Would have preferred Derry or Dundalk at home tbh for the fans and atmosphere but hey just delighted to be in the mix.

Don't be kidding us again. You tipped us to win up in Monaghan a couple of weeks back.

Congrats on a great win over Bohs.

passerrby
12/05/2010, 1:17 PM
thanks you seem to be getting better with every game so would expect a tough encounter ,like magicme am happy to have beaten the best team in iireland (Champoins league must be crapping theselves)

Magicme
12/05/2010, 1:18 PM
Aw would ya quit! Not kidding at all, have a fear of going to Jackman.

Lim till i die
12/05/2010, 2:06 PM
have a fear of going to Jackman.

Like most Limerick people so.

Crap draw, a game we probably won't win that no one will care about.

But hey, we've a semi final of the MSC coming up, a competition we are undefeated in since 2005. :cool:

**FrOsTy**
12/05/2010, 3:06 PM
Speaking of MSC Semi final! When is that?

Lim till i die
12/05/2010, 3:17 PM
Speaking of MSC Semi final! When is that?

Next Tuesday in Shannon I believe

Magicme
12/05/2010, 3:50 PM
Like most Limerick people so.

Crap draw, a game we probably won't win that no one will care about.

But hey, we've a semi final of the MSC coming up, a competition we are undefeated in since 2005. :cool:

You should be delighted with the draw as you are more likely to beat us than any of the others possible opponents and progress further.

Lim till i die
12/05/2010, 3:56 PM
You should be delighted with the draw as you are more likely to beat us than any of the others possible opponents and progress further.

Would have preferred Rovers or Dundalk away or Sligo, Dundalk or Pats at home, try and make a few bob out of what is a fairly crummy cup*

I sincerely doubt our A team will beat your starting eleven (assuming you'll play your starting elevel after knocking out Boez). There will be literally 16 people at the game out of which we'll pay the refs and you'll get your 35% or 56 euro!

*My attitude to the competition will of course change drastically should we reach the final!

Iorfa2MaccaJim
12/05/2010, 4:18 PM
Next Tuesday in Shannon I believe

Why Shannon ?

Lim till i die
12/05/2010, 4:20 PM
Why Shannon ?

I reckon because we don't own a ground and have been playing A Championship/Womens games out there so I assume there's some sort of arrangement.

Dodge
12/05/2010, 4:42 PM
Good to have you back Lim Til I Die

**FrOsTy**
12/05/2010, 5:49 PM
Where is Shannon? Can you private message me details of how to get to the ground?

Lim till i die
12/05/2010, 10:28 PM
Good to have you back Lim Til I Die

It's good to be back.

Frosty, will pm you when I have the exact details cos have to check which ground it is in in Shannon first, we use two and I've only ever been to one. Shannon itself is handy to get to but tis a bit of a concrete jigsaw puzzle once you're actually there!

Monkfish
12/05/2010, 10:33 PM
Where is Shannon? ?

Go to Limerick and follow the landing planes, when to locals talk in a strange Limerick/Belfast hybrid language your there!

Lim till i die
12/05/2010, 10:37 PM
Go to Limerick and follow the landing planes, when to locals talk in a strange Limerick/Belfast hybrid language your there!

Aye Cuz

Monkfish
12/05/2010, 10:41 PM
Aye Cuz

Wat abat che, sham.

redobit
13/05/2010, 12:09 PM
Joy - that will be 7 games for us against Pats this season (and the Cup draw hasnt been made yet).
And they wonder why crowds are down then!

Dodge
13/05/2010, 12:46 PM
Joy - that will be 7 games for us against Pats this season (and the Cup draw hasnt been made yet).

Stop losing to us then. Under the "old" league system there would still have been 6 games, with a 50/50 chance of the only game less being away to Pats. You really think that one game is the reason your crowds are poor?

redobit
13/05/2010, 2:20 PM
People on here really do have a go for no reason what so ever.

Dodge, my original post mentioned noting about losing to Pats, so how you came to that conclusion I don’t know. We are going to play ye 7 times this season – and speaking from experience of playing Cork 8 times last year – it affects the football because. Games can become predictable and fans will only get bored playing the same team that many times, which has to affect crowds. Going to football games can be expensive and Ive heard people say they won’t go this week cause they will be playing that team later in the season and go then instead – and the same goes for away games, I don’t know how many times Ive heard people say they will travel to the next away game against a certain team.

My overall point was that the premier league should be enlarged, to many games against the same opposition is making it stale I think.

Under the recent old system didn’t teams play each other 3 times (which was plenty I thought.).
And who said our crowds are poor. Considering were practically bottom and have only won 2 games all season having an average home league attendance of 2000 I think is fairly respectable.

Dodge
13/05/2010, 2:28 PM
Under the recent old system didn’t teams play each other 3 times (which was plenty I thought.).
yes, and now its 4. Thats a difference of ONE game

And who said our crowds are poor. Considering were practically bottom and have only won 2 games all season having an average home league attendance of 2000 I think is fairly respectable.

Either you're happy with the crowds or you're not?

redobit
13/05/2010, 3:50 PM
You were talking about 6 games - 4 is bad enough

Crowds overall are crap. Playing teams 7 + times aint helping.

If you want to discuss it at the next game, no probs PM me.

Dodge
13/05/2010, 5:37 PM
You're not making sense now...