PDA

View Full Version : extratime.ie

SkStu
12/05/2010, 3:16 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/6243662/Top-25-football-websites-readers-choose-their-favourites.html

Congrats to extratime. Great to see a site dedicated solely to Irish football get some recognition, especially (and almost inevitably) from a foreign publication.

Personally it has gotten me through the last 3 seasons. The news and matchtracker services are second to none, especially for an exile like meself. Well done Gareth.

dahamsta
12/05/2010, 3:35 AM
Fair balls!

Charlie Darwin
12/05/2010, 5:01 AM
Good to see Dangerhere there too.

dancinpants
12/05/2010, 5:08 AM
Excellent site that deserves all the credit and recognition it gets.

Pauro 76
12/05/2010, 5:51 AM
Firmly replaced eleven-a-side.com in my shortcut bar. Cracking site, well done to everyone involved!

thischarmingman
12/05/2010, 8:03 AM
Well done, :)

Magicme
12/05/2010, 10:04 AM
Delighted for Gareth and his team for the well deserved recognition.

Lamper.sffc
12/05/2010, 11:51 AM
Fair play. Its a good site that keeps getting better

Sam_Heggy
12/05/2010, 11:57 AM
fair played

shep
12/05/2010, 12:58 PM
Brilliant website...particularly the matchtracker service!!!!

Boo_Boy
12/05/2010, 5:45 PM
Love extratime, well done lads. Keep up the great work!

Riddickcule
12/05/2010, 6:41 PM
I prefer eleven a side.

**FrOsTy**
12/05/2010, 7:09 PM
Theres always one!

Martinho II
12/05/2010, 7:10 PM
congrats to the extratime website team!

Dunny
12/05/2010, 9:18 PM
Fair play to Gareth and the rest of the team.

gufc2000
12/05/2010, 10:19 PM
Well done to extratime. Excellent website, the matchtracker is class. Fair play lads, ye deserve it

Lim till i die
13/05/2010, 6:34 PM
Meh, it's good for what it is I suppose.

Some of the match reports are utter devon tho, although I realise that's probably not your mans fault.

stann
14/05/2010, 1:32 AM
Well done Gareth and all involved, great site, deserved recognition.
Match tracker is excellent, past results extremely useful at times, match reports mostly good, sometimes infuriatingly biased, but that's part of the fun, and a great (and fair) spread of interview and reportage pieces.

Straightstory
14/05/2010, 11:40 AM
Well done, everybody. That's a nice bit of news.

Mark
14/05/2010, 12:47 PM
Well done Gareth and lads. Have ya noticed that LOI First Div round ups in certain papers have improved since extra time started the comprehensive coverage?

Gaillimh Al
14/05/2010, 9:05 PM
Thanks to all for your kind comments. It is always nice to get some complimentary reviews, which for a voluntary site in which no one is making a penny (yet) are extremely critical to keep the morale up of those involved in keeping things going. It is amazing it took us so long to find the Telegraph article, but we will be certainly keeping a closer eye from now on. The review certainly took my breath away, given the countless hours so many people put in to help get the site to where it is. It is a timely pick-me-up, affirming we are going somewhat in the right direction.
This year has seen a marked increase in standards in our own eyes although there are still some failings which makes the dating of this review even more staggering.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve and welcome all feedback, good or bad, especially from the hardened followers and observers. Plans are afoot to keep evolving. Hopefully ye will stay tuned to find out.

On behalf of everyone at extratime,
Many thanks
Alan Dooley
Chief Editor

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/05/2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks to all for your kind comments. It is always nice to get some complimentary reviews, which for a voluntary site in which no one is making a penny (yet) are extremely critical to keep the morale up of those involved in keeping things going. It is amazing it took us so long to find the Telegraph article, but we will be certainly keeping a closer eye from now on. The review certainly took my breath away, given the countless hours so many people put in to help get the site to where it is. It is a timely pick-me-up, affirming we are going somewhat in the right direction.
This year has seen a marked increase in standards in our own eyes although there are still some failings which makes the dating of this review even more staggering.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve and welcome all feedback, good or bad, especially from the hardened followers and observers. Plans are afoot to keep evolving. Hopefully ye will stay tuned to find out.

On behalf of everyone at extratime,
Many thanks
Alan Dooley
Chief Editor

Alan ye should be very proud of what ye have all achieved so far. Great work. Keep it up

Ciaran W
16/05/2010, 1:45 PM
I love live updates on extratime, its great :D

sheao
16/05/2010, 9:02 PM
Yeah, extratime.ie has really come on leaps and bounds over the last 12 months.
The updates service it top drawer .