PDA

View Full Version : vs Shamrock Rovers (EA Sports Cup)

Aberdonian Stu
09/05/2010, 4:20 PM
It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, from Friday's big win gets a game seeing as we've Rovers again on Friday. Hard to say what sort of a side Rovers will field either. Makes for an interesting match-up in any event.

Once again we'll have a live blog over on Action81.com

Poor Student
09/05/2010, 6:53 PM
As you've indicated, these games are always something of a complete unknown. I'd guess we'll be rotating a lot of players but we have a strong second string who are well blooded at this stage. I have no idea how Rovers will approach this one. I like to remember our second round clash from 2005. The Rod himself says how he'll be playing a full strength team as he wants to win the trophy, UCD send out a bunch of inexperienced youngsters and the embarrassingly off the pace Paul Whitmarsh, and we go on to dump them out courtesy of the aforementioned pensioner's only goal for the club.

Aberdonian Stu
10/05/2010, 6:13 PM
That live blog is under way now

Schumi
10/05/2010, 11:46 PM
Fairly comfortable 1-0 win for Rovers, they didn't really get out of 2nd or 3rd gear though we could have nicked a draw in injury time. They had a strong team out compared to our 2 or 3 regular starters but it's hard to draw many conclusions about them from tonight as they weren't really pushing that hard.

John83
11/05/2010, 12:15 AM
Fairly clueless article on extratime: http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3445/ They didn't notice that we had rested most of the starting team. Imagine that happening to someone covering Bolton v Hull or something? It's ridiculous.

pineapple stu
11/05/2010, 8:50 AM
Yeah, it sounds like you'd have to draw encouragement from that performance ahead of Friday. That Rovers team looks reasonably strong, whereas we made 9 changes from the Bray game.

Curious that Billy was in goals. Would have thought Ger would have gotten a run.