PDA

View Full Version : Getting out to Ferrycarrig..

holidaysong
09/05/2010, 10:36 AM
Hi guys,

I've just moved to Wexford town and I'm wondering if any of you could let me know what's the best (cheapest) way to get out to Ferrycarrig Park on match nights? I don't drive so any info on any supporters buses that go out to the ground or a rough estimate on how much a taxi out there costs would be great.

Thanks.

Youths4Ever
09/05/2010, 11:28 AM
hi welcome to wexford. the only way at the moment would be to get a taxi as no buses. i am not 100% sure how much a taxi would cost to be honest never had to get one out to Ferrycarrig Park. hope to see you out in Ferrycarrig Park Friday night for the Waterford game.

adamski8
14/05/2010, 3:59 PM
they really should run a supporters bus from the town and back for the games, i know getting out there puts alot of people off going

the 12 th man
14/05/2010, 4:18 PM
they really should run a supporters bus from the town and back for the games, i know getting out there puts alot of people off going

Why don't you start a thread with people offering a lift in their car out & back from matches,you could organise the meet ups here?

I'm sure there must be people going out with empty seats to the games.

passinginterest
14/05/2010, 4:55 PM
Around the time the club and supporters club was setting up one of the things I suggested was trying to get one of the pubs in town involved in running a bus out to games. Maybe it should be looked into again? Pub covers cost of minibus to and from game and gets benefit of people meeting for drinks there before and coming back for more after.

adamski8
14/05/2010, 6:23 PM
Around the time the club and supporters club was setting up one of the things I suggested was trying to get one of the pubs in town involved in running a bus out to games. Maybe it should be looked into again? Pub covers cost of minibus to and from game and gets benefit of people meeting for drinks there before and coming back for more after.
Thats a really good idea alright. Free bus and promotions in the pub for supporters club members maybe. I wouldnt say people would mind paying a few euro towards the bus as well.

Youths4Ever
14/05/2010, 10:19 PM
Hi guys,

I've just moved to Wexford town and I'm wondering if any of you could let me know what's the best (cheapest) way to get out to Ferrycarrig Park on match nights? I don't drive so any info on any supporters buses that go out to the ground or a rough estimate on how much a taxi out there costs would be great.

Thanks.

did u make the game???

holidaysong
16/05/2010, 6:25 PM
did u make the game???

I was able to make it up to Oriel Park on Friday actually so obviously that had to take precedence. Should make it to the next match though. By the way, have you switched back to Friday nights instead of Sunday now?

Youths4Ever
16/05/2010, 7:28 PM
I was able to make it up to Oriel Park on Friday actually so obviously that had to take precedence. Should make it to the next match though. By the way, have you switched back to Friday nights instead of Sunday now?

Mervue game is on Sunday 30th due to international on the Friday 28th and Wexford hurling game v Galway on the Saturday evening but other than that Friday nights for home games