PDA

View Full Version : REF u most certainly are a wánker

rebelnorrie
05/04/2004, 2:00 PM
if anybody was at the longford match on saturday nite they would join my plea to d FAI to review the standard of referee's in our league....he was dire...saw nothing wrong with 2 legged stud showning challenges at knee height

how we left longford with the whole team still with two legs each is a mystery....was talking to the longford fans and team(especially digger-what a legend) in d pub after the game,all of whom were commenting on how the ref destroyed the game....in my eyes,if a team that were given a penno and escaped with a loss still slate the ref,then theres sumthin wrong here.

is there not meant to be sum1 in d stands watching the refs performance?

Macy
05/04/2004, 2:12 PM
is there not meant to be sum1 in d stands watching the refs performance?
Open to correction, but they are usually former ref's themselves...

Éanna
05/04/2004, 3:02 PM
even aside from the penalty, the ref had a terrible game. I don't know what the penalty was for, and I was only a few yards away from it, but the rest of the game he was very poor. A lot of very heavy tackles from longford, and Kevin Doyle got free kicks given against him for running past people on more than one occasion. probably the worst display by a ref I've seen since hanlon- and from what I heard the longford fans weren't overjoyed with him either :rolleyes:

tiktok
05/04/2004, 3:13 PM
he was brutal for both sides, but I think Longford got away with more, Kearney got hit with a brutal tackle in the second half, and as Eanna said, Doyler had their back four for pace all night long, but every time he was obstructed it was deemed a free out.

Stokes was absolutely incompetent

pete
05/04/2004, 3:20 PM
At time I was convinced was a shirt pull by geoge but for some reason i've been mixing him up with Dan this season. :rolleyes:

I would not expect the footage on tv3 to make it any clearer.