PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2009/10

Fr. Joe
05/05/2010, 7:26 PM
[MOD EDIT: Unsubstantiated allegation removed from this post and quotes.]

I recently attended a game in the home pitch of the Desmond League, Clounreask. To say that i was shocked at the quality of surroundings and especially the playing surface would be an understatement. The pitch was absolutely scandalous, sandy, bare, bumpy and even the lines were painted on by a man after a few pints i'd say cos they were as crooked as i've ever seen anywhere. This should be brought up at an upcoming meeting of the League ASAP in my opinion, i've done a bit of research into this since and from what I heard the caretaker is also caretaker of a Club ground within the same league and therefore spends most of his time [MOD EDIT] on his own club ground. For a league that has progressed both on and off the pitch in recent years its such a shame that its flagship ground has been left to wreck and ruin......

western gale
05/05/2010, 10:18 PM
I recently attended a game in the home pitch of the Desmond League, Clounreask. To say that i was shocked at the quality of surroundings and especially the playing surface would be an understatement. The pitch was absolutely scandalous, sandy, bare, bumpy and even the lines were painted on by a man after a few pints i'd say cos they were as crooked as i've ever seen anywhere. This should be brought up at an upcoming meeting of the League ASAP in my opinion, i've done a bit of research into this since and from what I heard the caretaker is also caretaker of a Club ground within the same league and therefore spends most of his time [MOD EDIT] on his own club ground. For a league that has progressed both on and off the pitch in recent years its such a shame that its flagship ground has been left to wreck and ruin......

Lads I dont know what ye think but for me Fr Joe is talking a right load of rubbish and his "research" saying the caretaker in Clounreask uses property of the league at his own club ground is bordering on the scandalous. I've being at countless games at Clounreask from underage games right up to League of Ireland games and I have never once seen lines crooked. Obviously Fr Joe has never being hours before or after a game and if he did he would know what he is talking about

Yorkshire rose
05/05/2010, 11:32 PM
I agree with western gale. The man who looks after Clounreask does a great job there and I'm sure he doesn't mark out the pitch after "a few pints". I believe the league have plans to further develop the grounds so to say it is being left to wreck and ruin is totally false.

Notaclue
06/05/2010, 12:51 AM
You should be ashamed of yourself. Every ground in the country has had an awful winter. The groundsman in Clounreask also looks after Killeaney's pitch and both are now in top condition. If you are from the city as I suspect, you should take a very good look at Jackman Park as I was there to see the Blues win against Shels and the pitch was awful, probably due to too many games. To intimate that Joe McGrath, the groundsman uses Desmond League equipment or viceversa is ridiculous. Limerick FC. have been quite happy to use this pitch over the last few years, with no complaints. Also note.....wreck should have been spelt WRACK.

sky blue
06/05/2010, 10:07 AM
Ya it's a disgrace what this 'fr.joe' is saying. Joe Macgrath does a great job down there and to say he had a few pints, the man does not even drink. The pitch a few years ago was in a bad state alright but since then it has been resurfaced and it is second to none now. There are two big games there the weekend and that man wont leave the place until everything is perfect. Shame on you 'Fr. joe'.

Harry Lime
08/05/2010, 5:45 PM

What a horrible post
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4588919789_9cdca7af14_o.jpg