PDA

View Full Version : Now it's time for a change...

Green&whitearmy
07/05/2010, 9:20 PM
Come on eddie do us all a favour, thanks for the work you have done for the club but I think you have done all you can......

Losing 6 nil to a team that just got promoted, its ridiculous!!!!
You can only blame the team for so many bad performances, now the blame has to be pointed somewhere else, eddie tells the team what to do and how to play, we have won just one game in the league so far, so its just not working... At least give someone else the chance to try do better.

I love the club so much and I hate seeing it like this, its the worst I've seen in years... And I think the club in a whole should be changed, the board etc, I think the O'Neills in charge have done a great job until now, nothing seems to be working for them and as well they think they own the club and can do anything(my arse)......

So who can we get as new manager????

naoise kennedy
07/05/2010, 9:41 PM
Come on eddie do us all a favour, thanks for the work you have done for the club but I think you have done all you can......

You can only blame the team for so many bad performances, now the blame has to be pointed somewhere else, eddie tells the team what to do and how to play, we have won just one game in the league so far, so its just not working... At least give someone else the chance to try do better.

Very strong words,, do i agree ,, not fully.. Tonight was a clear game of two halfs, not taking our chances but we did creat them.

Robbie Doyle.. what can you say he was everywhere, gave everything and chased every ball, other bray players should look at themselves and ask did they give it all tonight, chris shields was another (in the first half) that had a good game, i would say it was there best performances.. Massey again gave it all..
Jake struggled tonight and touhy lost the ball too easy. At half time i was thinking that we could win this match and then second half started and the rest is history, i can't really say what happened i could'nt believe what was happening on the pitch..

Other people have questioned Richie Baker, he looked over weight and did nothing tonight his days are numbered as are tressons he was caught out too many times.. If we had put away one or two in the first half it would have been a different game..

If only..

brayfan08
07/05/2010, 9:53 PM
I think you have to blame Eddie.Bray were the best team in the first half then ucd scored before halftime and their heads dropped.Eddie should be able to motivate the team when their 1 nil down and when we were the better team. The changes he made didn't seem to make any difference and the only player who did much was Robbie Doyle.
time for change

peadar1987
07/05/2010, 9:56 PM
Gutted.

lostinbrum
07/05/2010, 10:57 PM
First match I've been to since the opening game against Dundalk (I live in the UK). Was quite positive after that game, but clearly things have gone the wrong direction. I can't really comment on mamagement having only seen 2 games.

My observation from tonight was that it was like watching Fawlty Towers or David Brent in the Office, when you can see the characters doing damage to themselves, and you just want to cringe.

We looked good in the first half, albeit missing a final ball. I genuinely thought that Bray would win the game. The goal seemed to deflate the team, and then the second was a real body blow. It was a good goal however, unlike the rest which just seemed self-inflicted. You could visibly see the confidence ebb from the players, and the crowd seemed in just as much shock. No one on the pitch seemed able to lift themselves from the stupor, except for Robbie Doyle, and one run from the back by Webster.

I felt for the team and kind of felt duty bound to see the pain through to the end with them. Was more a sad night than a bad night. Hopefully they can put in better performances, get a few breaks and pick up some points, which will hopefully result in a team better equipped for life next season.

BrayZil
07/05/2010, 11:49 PM
Like everyone here I'm very disappointed by tonights result. 6-0 at home - jesus where do ya start! We started well and had a couple of decent chances and had most of the possession in the first half. Conceding a goal just before half time and then one after the restart really killed us. I think after that the heads just went down. I really don't know where we go from here to be honest. The funds just aren't there so it's unlikely that any more players will come into the squad. I like Eddie and he's a lovely guy but I don't think he's getting the best out of the squad at the moment. I really hope he can be the guy that can turn it around. The banner was unnecessary and it was the right thing to do by taking it down. The club don't need any bad publicity and sure everyone knows the media focus on these things. That kinda thing sends out signals to everyone, fans, players etc and has a knock on negative effect. I think all we can do is come out and support the team for the rest of the season and hope to god that things turn around and we get that little bit of luck

dong
08/05/2010, 12:18 AM
It's a tough one lads..
I have every sympathy for you but to blame Gormley is unfair imo. He was left in a terrible position by the late decision from the FAI at the start of the season. He has a limited group of players with not many options available to him.
To lose by the margin tonight was poor no doubt. There are a few important factors in football sometimes like impetus, momentum and confidence. UCD had all three coming up promoted and Bray were robbed of it right from the word go with all the uncertainty. Sure, Gormley could have done better some might say, but it was an assignment too far by the looks of it this year.
Having said that, I'm not watching Bray week in week out. I hope it improves for ye lads.
We're only two places above ye on a much bigger budget and with a much stronger squad. If we end up going down who will people say was the worse manager? Gormley or Cook?
Only one answer in my eyes.

Seagull
08/05/2010, 12:56 AM

I love the club so much and I hate seeing it like this, its the worst I've seen in years... And I think the club in a whole should be changed, the board etc, I think the O'Neills in charge have done a great job until now, nothing seems to be working for them and as well they think they own the club and can do anything(my arse)......

I was truly shocked by the disgraceful scenes in the stand tonight. I've been supporting Wanderers for more years than I'd care to remember, through promotions and relegations but I've never seen such lowlife crap as went on tonight. Yes it all fell apart on the pitch, but look at the players out there. We're so lightweight all over the pitch. We have strikers who can't score,midfielders who don't win the ball and defenders, well. We were set up for Division One, remember? Eddie Gormley is a legend of Irish football and I felt ashamed to wear the same scarf as that vocal minority who expressed themselves so forcibly (that song at the end was below pathetic). Na Fánaithe, what a joke. They came with their pre-made banner and now they want the manager and the whole board cleared out. Wouldn't that be great! What a club we'd be then. I don't know what the answers are, I think after tonight we're in a fairly bad place but the blame for that lies with the FAI for the most part. Eddie Gormley is a gentleman, he didn't deserve to be treated like that tonight. It was a bad night to be a Wanderers supporter, seeing people streaming out of the ground so early but the (prepared) response from the 10 or 15 people who made themselves heard was pathetic. Sacking Eddie Gormley now is not going to change anything, the squad remains the same.

KR's Post
08/05/2010, 7:46 AM
What banner was it and what did it say, and what song were they singing at the end??

brayfan08
08/05/2010, 8:20 AM
Eddie should of gone last season.We had a better squad last year(the majority of them now playing for bigger clubs) and Eddie couldn't get enough out of them we were only saved by events of the field and if it wasn't for the cup run the fans would of being calling for him to go last season.How can a team that came back twice and then went on to win against Dundalk drop their heads after 1 goal to ucd.It looks like he cant motivate the team anymore, and im sure he is a gentleman but that doesn't mean anything when your losing 6-0 to a promoted team.

lowflyingseagul
08/05/2010, 8:27 AM
well i left after 4-0 nil, played quite well up to going behind, doyle worked hard and played really well i thought but i think a change needs to be made as everytime we go behind we fall apart and the shape goes out of the team. the defense just is not up for it, ucd figured out that all they had to do was chip the ball over collie and score. sorry eddie but its time to go.

Captain2007
08/05/2010, 10:29 AM
No doubt managing Bray is a poison chalice, I would not be a fan of Eddie in fact IMO he is a poor Manager, but he is definately a top class coach unfortunately good coaches don't necessarily make good managers,at the same time there is no excuse for hanging banners around the ground and abusing the manager, in my 25 years supporting Bray it's a first for so call Bray supporters to turn on the manager in such a volatile nature,we are where we are and we need to get behind the Team and give them every support and I would be be in favour of a change,but lets face the facts who in their right mind would take over the mess in which the FAI have left us in.

Riddickcule
08/05/2010, 6:33 PM
We shouldn't be in this division, it's embarrasing.

notever
08/05/2010, 6:51 PM
It was embarassing last night but the responce from the so called fans was uncalled for.Bray played some great football in the first half and if we had scored we could very well have gone on to win the game and then Eddie would have been a great fella.Sacking the Manager would not solve anything,we need to battle on and we need all yes all the supporters to get behind the Club and give it their full support.Bray have had bad and I mean bad times before and we bounced back and hopefully we will do that again especially if we all continue to support the Club.There are people involved who have been pouring money in to keep the Club going over the last few years and they get nothing back except the enjoyment of following the Club and supporting a Family club and if they were to walk away we would have no Club so lets keep things in perspective.I dont like pointing the figer but I feel the F.A.I. didn't help us this season and Eddie was left with a job to do with very very little money and what is a First Division squad and what can we expect but exactly what we have a team of mostly young triers who are not good enough for the Premier Div but will get the odd good result like in Dundalk and a result like last night.What I think we all as supporters should do is join the new Seagulls Future Trust and keep our Club alive.Now is not the time for recriminations but for real support so lets bite our collective lips and get our backs into supporting the Club our Club. I don't know much about the Saegulls Future Trust except what I have read about it but think it sounds a good idea and if enough people join then it will be for the betterment of the Club.So come ye supporters in green get behind the team and the Club.

outspoken
08/05/2010, 7:18 PM
we might be looking for a new gaffa here in Longford id love to get gormley

Roo69
08/05/2010, 7:34 PM
Last night's 2nd half preformance left me shell shocked. To play very well and be on top in the 1st half and then preform the way we did in the 2nd half is just not acceptable. I really don't know were we go from here, it's the first time i can't argue any of the points made in peoples posts.

All i can say is that i would urge people to sign up for the Seagulls Future Trust, we are a trust set up by the fans for the fans, it will give you a say in your club, if you don't join up you cannot help make the changes that we so despertely need to make. We need as many people as possible to sign up to make it work, support the trust and you will help make a big difference.

if you want more details just e-mail me on anthony@seagullsfuturetrust.com

De Town
08/05/2010, 7:47 PM
we might be looking for a new gaffa here in Longford id love to get gormley
Cop on, we haven't been great this season but sacking your managar after 10 games or so is plain stupid.

Sorry Bray fans for hijacking your thread a bit.

Stevo Da Gull
08/05/2010, 9:21 PM
Well, I'm punch drunk at this stage and don't know what to say after last night only that I don't see how turning on the team/manager helps. We have been much stronger away from home this season, and I think the lads play with more freedom away from the Carlisle. Of course there are a numberof contributing factors - it can be simpler to play away where a point is a good result and the pressure is on the home team, compared to playing at home where we're expected to set the tempo. Rather than other teams dreading the trip to the Carlisle, our lads probably hate the prospect of playing at home.

In terms of positives, there aren't many at the moment. Massey and Webster are two I'd hope will be around for a while. Robbie has probably been our best player over the last couple of weeks.

Sure, the FAI effed us up the a$$ by allowing the Cork saga to drag on for so long and that's tough to swallow. We should focus on securing the long term future of the club, the club needs us now more than ever.

dublinwanderer
09/05/2010, 9:31 AM
at the start of the season we knew it was going to a long long hard season with the squad we have. and it is turning out to be just that... yes the FAI screwed us over but we cant do anything about that now, we got to get on with it.

the players are not up to the standard of the premier, we all knew this... but in comparision with UCD, they have an extremely young squad too, prob no better than ours, but, their manager gets them to play a certain way that suits them, they are well organised, fit, and can grind out results. we are completely the opposite, we are not organised, the players dont look ft enough and the manager cant get the best out of them.

losing at home 6.0, question have to be asked... and the manager has to answer them. Eddie had a good squad last year with some quality players whom have gone on to bigger clubs ie Pender, Coughlan, Doyle, Mulcahy - all to Pats and playing regularly, they are top of the table now!!!! but with them players, Eddie got us relegated last season, how did this happen? Has other managers got some sort of magical powers? NO they dont.... They are able to get the best out of them, they know exactly were to play them and give them the encouragment to play...

dont get me wrong eddie has done some very good stuff with Bray and has kept is in the premier for a few season and we thank him for that... but i ask the question, does the club need a change? a complete change of direction and leadership?

oh and what the club officials did on friday night to the na fanaite the lads is a complete and utter joke. everyone in this country has a right to protest. they cannot stop anyone from protesting once its a peacefull one... which singing a song is peaceful. but saying that i didnt like the one that eddie was a fat taxi - pathetic. I think the club officials (the O'Neills - all 3 them) need to look at themselves and get a grip. Not all fans see the club the same way you's do, but we still do all love it. we'd do anything for the club and dont want to see it going down the gutter... the crowds are getting worse and worse this season and club dont have a clue what to do. they have got rid of passionate fans and are continuing to do so. these fans shout, cheer and make the atmosphere to get behind the team. the club dont want these fans anymore... even on friday night, they 'banned' a fan from coming again, why? because he sang Eddie Out... in that case 20 fans should all be banned. absolutly pathetic behaviour from the club. they really need to look at themselves and see what they are doing to this club.

i could go on a lot more, but my i cant be arsed... end of rant!!!!!!!!

Green&whitearmy
09/05/2010, 10:47 AM
at the start of the season we knew it was going to a long long hard season with the squad we have. and it is turning out to be just that... yes the FAI screwed us over but we cant do anything about that now, we got to get on with it.

the players are not up to the standard of the premier, we all knew this... but in comparision with UCD, they have an extremely young squad too, prob no better than ours, but, their manager gets them to play a certain way that suits them, they are well organised, fit, and can grind out results. we are completely the opposite, we are not organised, the players dont look ft enough and the manager cant get the best out of them.

losing at home 6.0, question have to be asked... and the manager has to answer them. Eddie had a good squad last year with some quality players whom have gone on to bigger clubs ie Pender, Coughlan, Doyle, Mulcahy - all to Pats and playing regularly, they are top of the table now!!!! but with them players, Eddie got us relegated last season, how did this happen? Has other managers got some sort of magical powers? NO they dont.... They are able to get the best out of them, they know exactly were to play them and give them the encouragment to play...

dont get me wrong eddie has done some very good stuff with Bray and has kept is in the premier for a few season and we thank him for that... but i ask the question, does the club need a change? a complete change of direction and leadership?

oh and what the club officials did on friday night to the na fanaite the lads is a complete and utter joke. everyone in this country has a right to protest. they cannot stop anyone from protesting once its a peacefull one... which singing a song is peaceful. but saying that i didnt like the one that eddie was a fat taxi - pathetic. I think the club officials (the O'Neills - all 3 them) need to look at themselves and get a grip. Not all fans see the club the same way you's do, but we still do all love it. we'd do anything for the club and dont want to see it going down the gutter... the crowds are getting worse and worse this season and club dont have a clue what to do. they have got rid of passionate fans and are continuing to do so. these fans shout, cheer and make the atmosphere to get behind the team. the club dont want these fans anymore... even on friday night, they 'banned' a fan from coming again, why? because he sang Eddie Out... in that case 20 fans should all be banned. absolutly pathetic behaviour from the club. they really need to look at themselves and see what they are doing to this club.

i could go on a lot more, but my i cant be arsed... end of rant!!!!!!!!

Totally agree with it all you say, that samll minority that people say were singing is the majority of the singing support that go to most games, i doubt i'd see half the people here support the club as they do....

Hulsey
09/05/2010, 2:28 PM
Agree 100% with what dublinwanderer said (including that insulting Eddie as happened was out of order). Every fan has a right to voice an opinion as long it is not racist or derogatory. Trying to stop someone shouting Eddie out is out of order, and to be honest probably led to it escalating to the other chant (not trying to excuse or condone it in anyway, but the frustration of stopping the eddie out chanting in such a manner probably had something to do with it). Friday is best forgotten and all parties should spend their time concentration on ensuring that we don't have to suffer another night like that for the rest of the season.
On the tactics front I think Eddie would do well to take a leaf out of Russells book. We don't have the personnel to play free flowing football, we should set out the side to be difficult to beat. For example Kavanaghis a luxury player and shouldn't start in a side like ours when you have more defensive, ball winning types such as O'Brien, Brennan and imo Massey (who is wasted at left back,looks far more effective in the middle) if I was in charge I'd go with:
------------------Kane
Doyle(when fit) Webster O'Connor Tyrell
----Brennan/O'Brien Shields Massey----
Shane O'Neill--------------------------Kelly
----------------Doyle----------------

This way we could pack the midfield to make things difficult, with O'Neill and Kelly dropping back to make it a 5 man midfield, with them using their pace to support Robbie when he has the ball. Keep two of the 3 man middle in the middle at all times with one heading forward to help out the lads. Sure we won't score many like this but the goals are hardly flowing the way things are and this should stop the glut of goals going in at the wrong end

KK77
10/05/2010, 9:01 AM
Imo as supporters it’s probably best not to be calling for the managers head and support the team and club as a whole now. These are difficult times now but realistically can anyone be really shocked when you consider we are a first division side. BTW I am not saying nobody should criticise the manager or team. As regards the O’Neills i think it is unfair to have a pop at them as anyone who supports Bray knows how much work they put into the club. Half the time Jack hardly gets to see a home game because he is running around doing other stuff. Anyway all jmo.

jonboy
10/05/2010, 2:26 PM
there's a lot of bull being talked here, what do you want from the team? I want my team to be winning and competeing or at least trying!!, the match was an embarrassment and cleraly shows that eddie has lost the dressing room, what the hell was georgescu doing on the bench in the 2nd half?? at 3-0 down he should've been on, if eddie has any sense he should realise he's not up to it at this level, great player and all that he was

braysnumber1
13/05/2010, 2:40 PM
Friday night was a complete and utter joke from everyone invloved in Bray Wanderers. From the players, to the manager to the club officials.
Changes are needed to be made before the club gets into even more trouble. Yes as dublinwanderer said we expected we could struggle but at least we could struggle with a fight and have a organised outfit! we were a disgrace on friday, completly folded in that 2nd half...
I read in the paper the other day that Eddie admitted he got a bit of stick from the fans and that is what was expected. If he understands that, why can't the club officials? Running over and ripping down a simple flag that says Eddie out. Getting a garda to warn the fans. and even banning a fan for singing eddie out. absoltute pathetic.
changes have to be made.
i say we all should bring a sign saying eddie out for the next game! see them take them all off us!!! hahaha
on the tactics front, i aint an expert but would like to see the team play a bit more tighter with maybe 5 across the middle.
its going to take a lot from eddie and his team to win back the fans after this......

KR's Post
13/05/2010, 3:00 PM
Lads first of all i cant believe anybody can question the work of any of the O Neills down there. They have done savage work over the years at Bray. Absolute savage work and club wouldnt be where it is without what they have commited to! About the Eddie out thing, i understand all fans are frustrated and in fairness i do believe you lads are entitled to protest as you guys have paid for season tickets and match tickets! Protest at away games if you cant do it at home!! Paul Doolin was spot on monday night on mns. The team isnt organised at all and the defence is brutal! Look at the goals conceded for crying out loud. Listen lads ive experienced days like last friday. 6-2 up in Ballybofey for crying out loud. Trip home is brutal. As i said above, IF you feel you's have to protest well do away from home, but it wont help anybody and the best way of lifting spirits is getting behind the team and supporting them no matter what. I remember a time in Drogheda where Bray were losing(score eludes me) but we sang for 45 mins straight in the first half. Didnt stop and every single player and staff bar Eamonn Zayed csme over at the end and applauded us. Was great to see they appreciate us and believe me they will if you's support them. Come on lads!!!