PDA

View Full Version : Intertoto Cup Poll: Cork City V Metalurgs Liepaja

joe
11/06/2001, 1:31 PM
On Saturday, Cork City take on Metalurgs Liepaja (Latvia) in the Intertoto Cup First Round at Turner's Cross. With the new season starting just five weeks after the last one and with Metalurgs winning seven out of their opening eight matches, how will the Leesiders fare?

James
11/06/2001, 1:36 PM
to set the ball rolling i'm going for a city defence to be under siege for alot of game against technically better side but in the second half attacking the shed we get a mazy run and goal from the new no7 we signed mid season last year ( you know the guy that looks like ollie cahill :D :D )

city then to hold out for 1-0 win

dahamsta
11/06/2001, 1:43 PM
Hey Joe, how come you didn't have the option "I haven't a fupping notion?"

adam

joe
11/06/2001, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by adam
Hey Joe, how come you didn't have the option "I haven't a fupping notion?"

adam

because all our visitors are very knowledgable and are well able to express their own opinion.

btw 0-0 is the most optimistic i'm allowing myself to predict.

dahamsta
11/06/2001, 2:05 PM
Well, I'm not. I haven't a fupping notion. :)

adam

joe
11/06/2001, 2:20 PM
adam,

do you want me to tell you how to vote? :p

Neil
11/06/2001, 3:45 PM
I'm being very optimistic in saying a 1-0 win at the Cross (with City to notch up the biggest away win in the history of InterToto Cup action, by trouncing the Latvians 6-0 in Liepajas:rolleyes: )

dahamsta
11/06/2001, 3:52 PM
I voted for a loss I'm afraid. People's Republic of Cork pride and patriotism be damned, I think they're going to hammer us to the wall.

adam

Éanna
11/06/2001, 4:32 PM
Hopefully we'll manage a 1-0 at home or at least a 0-0. And then finish it away. I mean look at UCD last season, they went out on away goals to a bulgarian side, and I would imagine bulgarian soccer to be better than latvian and us better than UCD. We also did fairly well against Lausanne last year and could have sneaked it (with a helluva lotta luck admittedly!) and look how they turned out. I don't think an Irish side are gonna do a Zimbru again- it wasn't so much lack of talent that lost that for pats, but the fact that they were over-confident and paid for it. They figured "wow, a league worse than us, we're definitely gonna win it" and they paid for that. City to sneak a trip to holland!

pete
11/06/2001, 5:02 PM
While i'll be hoping City at least get a win on saturday I suppose I'd settle (the pessimist that I am) for @ worst a 0-0 draw to keep the tie alive for the latvia trip ;)

Would put a bit of a dampner on the "trains, planes &...........errr bus" trip across the baltics :D

James
11/06/2001, 6:32 PM
"trains, planes &...........errr bus" trip across the baltics

not forgetting the shagging overnight bit in stansted
boy is that gonna be confortable:confused: :confused:

James
11/06/2001, 6:33 PM
of as oppose to the overnight shagging bit in malmo :D :D

A face
11/06/2001, 7:36 PM
It'll be close but I'm going with a narrow home win

with fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed, it will be great if we did do it, the last part of the season the lads were really gelling together, hopefully the will continue with that and get a result, it'll be far better going out the with a result or a nil all draw, so ever hopeful we come up with the goods.

Conor B
14/06/2001, 8:30 PM
Ah come on now, your giving too much credit to the refugees, Liam was there when we nearly hammered Bayern, he knows what to look out for! A city win 2-0. And we'll beat them in the replay as well!!!

James
15/06/2001, 4:53 PM
just ask any pats fan

Sry just had to get this bit in here somewher
one of my all time fav chants

"10-0 to the refugees, 10-0 to the refugees"

:D

Conor B
15/06/2001, 5:58 PM
Do you 'moderators' actually know anything about LOI football or are you on a power trip.

Maybe you would be better off watching your MUTV and eating prawn sandwiches

James
15/06/2001, 6:10 PM
yes to both

prawn sandwiches mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Conor B
15/06/2001, 6:40 PM
Well then it's obvious you are a Cobh Ramblers Fan

joe
15/06/2001, 8:40 PM
james,

are you picking fights with other members again? :p

James
15/06/2001, 8:43 PM
just restating my love of prawn sandwiches...is that a crime...no on the other hand ..driving around in that clapped up banger of yours..

how did that ever pass its MOT

joe
15/06/2001, 8:45 PM
we call it the NCT here in Ireland :rolleyes:

Conor B
15/06/2001, 8:57 PM
Hey I'll have you hierarchy know that I am the proud owner of a 1992 Opel Astra in flying condition, no banger here Nora, fully fit 'n all, if you want to buy it let me know