PDA

View Full Version : Sporting V Bray - Tonight

Roo69
04/05/2010, 8:27 AM
Jake Kelly who scored twice in the win over Dundalk last Monday but missed the Galway game on Friday night with a stomach bug is the only one of the seven first teamers who missed the Galway game definately available for the trip to Sportin Fingal on Tuesday night. Stephen Brenan (hamstring) and Richie Bake (hamstring) will have fitness tests before Eddie Gormley decides if he will include them in the squad for Tuesday. Daire Doyle(foot),John Mulroy (calf),Dean Zambra (ankle)and Shane O'Neill (hip) will miss out once again.

KK77
04/05/2010, 3:14 PM
Come on lads we can do this. Who would have thought we would beat Dundalk away last week!

Roo69
04/05/2010, 3:30 PM
Come on lads we can do this. Who would have thought we would beat Dundalk away last week!

Thats very true, although i don't feel quite as optimistic as you Rafa i have to say. Jesus with the way they so easily beat us earlier in the season and with the way things have been going i'd be happy with a point tonight.

i'm just hoping we have a few of our more experienced players back. Brennan and Baker would make a difference to us i feel. O'Brien has to start tonight in the middle of the park, he won't win any skills medals but he is very effective in breaking up play

notever
04/05/2010, 4:43 PM
I wouldn't be too optimistic myself but heres hoping we can produce another Oriel Park performanace................ come on you boys in green.

naoise kennedy
04/05/2010, 6:45 PM
Great to Brennan made the team, Franco on the bench and kavanagh also on the bench but surprised that o'brien did not make the first 11, but tuohy did look good in the second half last week...

naoise kennedy
04/05/2010, 9:14 PM
Not a bad display going on reports,, came out strong in the second half and could have got a draw,,

Lamper.sffc
04/05/2010, 9:31 PM
Not the best match in the world. We where on top for most of the first half. We had a lot of possession but didnt always turn it into chances. After about 20 mins was gone in the second half, for some reason, we decided that we would take the 1-0 scoreline. We tried to keep the ball and did very little going forward. This allowed Bray back into it. While we still looked pretty comfortable for most of it, Bray still hit the crossbar and had the odd half chance. We deserved the win but we really did try to make it harder for ourselves. We should have scored right at the end but for a great block from the Bray defender. Anyway happy with the points not happy with the display.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Roo69
05/05/2010, 7:57 AM
Not the best game of ball in the world last night in Santry. It's just a dreadful setting to make any sort of atmosphere, grave yard of a place. Absolutely nothing in the game for first 25 minutes, they scored a very very soft goal and then started knocking the ball around and created a few half chances but never really made Kane work that hard. We had 2 chances in the 1st half - a header from Kelly that was a comfortable save and a rocket free kick from Webby that had the keeper beaten but just wizzed by the post. Fingal fully deserved there half time lead.

2nd half we came out and right from the start didn't give them time or let them settle on the ball, we closed them down very well, again they didn't really make Kane work, having shots from distance that went over, well apart from one save that was pretty much straight at him. We had a lot more of the ball in the 2nd half and had some very good moments. Robbie Doyle hit a half volley on the turn that pulled an excellent full length save from Quigley and Jake Kelly managed to hit the bar from 6 yards out unmakred in the middle of the box.

Shane O'Connor mad a super block on the line at the end when Fingal caught us on the counter attack.

Fingal had more over all chances but i felt we deserved a draw from the game going on our 2nd half preformance, high tempo and didn't let them settle, it was a decent team preformance i felt and hopefully we carry it through to Friday against UCD.

Delighted to see Brennan back in the starting X1, you could see the difference a bit of experience makes to the team, the sooner the better he gets back fully match fit ! O'Brien looked very sharp as well when he came on. I'd play the both on them on Friday and move Shields out to the right side of midfield.