PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers Fans!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Conroy
03/05/2010, 9:36 PM
What a disgracefull element yous have attached to yous, the actions tonight where a disgrace, if anyone seen these scenes on Setanta you will know what happened.

When not fighting amongst eachother they Held the match up for 7-8mins while attacking stewarts,throwing bottles and legs of chairs on the pitch and pulling down barriers to get at the assistant ref who sent MON to the stand.

Total Disgrace to their Club and the LOI.

fionnsci
03/05/2010, 9:40 PM
Good thing you didn't put those new seats in today. They'd be all gone by now.

blue til i die
03/05/2010, 9:41 PM
Havent seen what happened but its always the same. Any rovers fan i've ever encountered has been a proper fan, its the trouble makers that bring the name of the club and their supporters down.

Dont paint every Rovers fan into the same picture!

oriel
03/05/2010, 9:42 PM
They were Conroy, but it has to be noted, it was only 20 of them at tops, I had a good look from the stand and the vast majoirty of rovers fans were just standing there watching the game.

These guys who broke through the corden, fought with stewards, guards, and threw things onto the pitch and for some reson damaged the away dug out were out to cause trouble big time.

White Horse
03/05/2010, 9:43 PM
We have our own share of scumbags too.

Those "fans" sullied the name of Shamrock Rovers tonight. It was sad to see a great club let down by thugs.

Conroy
03/05/2010, 9:45 PM
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/422533/

tallaghthoop
03/05/2010, 9:49 PM
Once again i'm ashamed to be a Shamrock Rovers fan, Live on T.V for everyone to see exactly what our support is like yet some will try blame everything from the stands in Dundalk to the stewards to the referee.........NO EXCUSE for what we witnessed tonight, we don't want you at our club and hopefully the board takes full action for what happened tonight, everyone involved can be identified clearly and should never be allowed set foot in Tallaght or any stadium again, they are not Shamrock Rovers supporters they are hooligans that follow the club, nobody that carrys on like that could be called a supporter. I fully expect point deductions and heavy fines from the lads in Abbotstown and they will be fully deserved, well done lads.

Dodge
03/05/2010, 9:53 PM
After the Gary Rogers incident Rovers were 'severely warned' over future conduct

Didn't see anything tonight but could be a hefty fine

sligoman
03/05/2010, 9:58 PM
I fully expect point deductionsThat's clearly not going to happen...

PartySaint
03/05/2010, 9:59 PM
Rovers fans are a different breed of scum, A shame to Irish football

corkery
03/05/2010, 10:00 PM
Once again i'm ashamed to be a Shamrock Rovers fan, . I fully expect point deductions

Thats clearly not going to happen.

tallaghthoop
03/05/2010, 10:01 PM
Please don't tar us all with the 1 brush.

Réiteoir
03/05/2010, 10:01 PM
Dundalk to get hammered for not having adequate security on duty :p ;)

DeNiro
03/05/2010, 10:06 PM
Rovers fans up to their oul tricks again. Their righteousness about other things makes me laugh when you see the scenes from tonight. Saying don't tar us with the same brush is grand, then disassociate yourself from them. They are a representative sample of your fans. It's not the first time, certainly won't be the last.

D.24saint
03/05/2010, 10:12 PM
none of the bigger clubs can be holier than thou on bad fans we all have a element we arent proud of the major difference with Rovers/Bohs is that they have a dangerous elements who go too far.

total hoofball
03/05/2010, 10:13 PM
I've given up any hope of Shamrock Rovers' hooligan problem ever being wiped out, the club don't care enough to tackle it head on and the FAI couldn't give a ****e in tackling their beloved model club. It will happen again, again and again until.........

Buller
03/05/2010, 10:20 PM
Embarrassing. Thought it an exciting game with a great crowd, but that and the result make it a very forgetable night.
A lot of LoI clubs have a scum element, they should have let the dogs on them... The papers will have a field day tomorrow and rightfuly so. :o

tallaghthoop
03/05/2010, 10:28 PM
Rovers fans up to their oul tricks again. Their righteousness about other things makes me laugh when you see the scenes from tonight. Saying don't tar us with the same brush is grand, then disassociate yourself from them. They are a representative sample of your fans. It's not the first time, certainly won't be the last.

Its a bit unfair to tell me to disassociate from the club. Its the club i love not the hooligan fans, if the board did their job properly and banned these filth forever, things would be a bit easier, but it hurts me to say i don't think the board really cares that much, money is all that matters to them. Even some members of the board have been involved in this type of crap in the past which says it all really. But don't say that to loudly some people might get upset.

**FrOsTy**
03/05/2010, 10:33 PM
Although I don't agree with the actions of the Shams fans, it all could of been easily avoided if the refs in this league were of an adequate standard. Very harsh second yellow and to then send MON to the stands for more or less nothing kicked it all off.

Dillonman
03/05/2010, 10:36 PM
Dundalk to get hammered for not having adequate security on duty :p ;)

Which is the fceked up bit of the whole thing, The fine should be put in the post and couriered to Tallaght Stadium and put for the attention of SRFC. We have adequate security and had so tonight like any other night. There was a totol of 7 Gardai in the ground, 3 standing amongst the Rovers fans and the other 4 over by the shed. Should have been plenty more and lets not forget, our stewards are volunteers, they are not like several Dublin sides' security from the private security groups. We had to supply our own men for the recent game in Drogheda and for us to be fined tonight is what is puzzling me most, seen as though we where no involved in the incident and TV evidence shows this.

BluSonic
03/05/2010, 10:36 PM
The moronic "holier than thou" routine that will go off is laughable, no football fan can call any other team a disgrace for what the moronic hooligan element do. All the clubs we support unfortunitly have this element, its up to the real fans, the organisers of clubs, the FAI all to combine just like we do on the Racisim issue and wipe this embarrasment out.

Rovers fans are a different breed of scum, A shame to Irish football obviously your fans are "saints", I was there in Richmond when a minority of you "fans" ran across the pitch comnfronting the full rovers support, mostly to laughs and jeers, they even tried to storm the dressing rooms, your club is not exempt, none is.

The fools who do this ruin it for everyone, in a very real way, from the fear in people around them, to action taken against the club.

in short: NO CLUB IS FREE OF FOOLISH ELEMENTS

Dillonman
03/05/2010, 10:38 PM
Although I don't agree with the actions of the Shams fans, it all could of been easily avoided if the refs in this league were of an adequate standard. Very harsh second yellow and to then send MON to the stands for more or less nothing kicked it all off.

You cannot run out of your technical area to hug a player sent off and then to gesture and clap towards the travelling support. Thats asking for trouble.

Dyl10
03/05/2010, 10:38 PM

Bull****, it's only a game.
Any human with any sort of decency should be able to restrain themselves when it comes to something as trivial as a football match.

MeathDrog
03/05/2010, 10:44 PM
Bull****, it's only a game.
Any human with any sort of decency should be able to restrain themselves when it comes to something as trivial as a football match.

Thanks for saving me the effort.

srfc1928
03/05/2010, 10:45 PM

Ah come on now. You can blame the referees in this league for many things but this is not one of them.
Disgraceful scences.

Also, I dont think most clubs have a scum element attached to them, only 2 or 3, and if the correct action was take it could easily be stamped out

baddebt
03/05/2010, 10:49 PM
the funny thing about tonights game was ....Rovers where actually starting to get back into it until their own scum fans(not all off them it has to be said) ruined their momentum by holding up the match.
Doesn't really matter ...we played very good tonight fully deserve the 3pts ....2--1 kinda flatters Rovers a bit

Flexy
03/05/2010, 10:50 PM
Fair play to Tallaght hoop this guy has come out and condemed his fellow fans for tonights incidents, which there were more like you tallaght hoop , ban these thugs from every ground and make a public embarrasement of them all in the papers and on tv.

Mr A
03/05/2010, 10:56 PM
Erm... when was the last time fans of any club caused serious hassle because of a bad decision? Bad decisions happen every week FFS!

Edit: This was aimed at Frosty BTW

Réiteoir
03/05/2010, 10:57 PM
Erm... when was the last time fans of any club caused serious hassle because of a bad decision? Bad decisions happen every week FFS!

It's a simple cop out of an excuse - that's what it is

baddebt
03/05/2010, 11:02 PM
I think we should concentrate on the league itself, great win tnoight ....its an exciting season thus far with anyone one from 5 fancing their chances of winning the title ...thats what we like to see and long may it continue...................role on Pats friday night.

Oh...Hats off to Tallaghthoop............a proper LOI fans

Red4Eva
03/05/2010, 11:03 PM
A few quotes from Shamrock forum. Dundalk town, Oriel Park, the stewards, Gardaí and Hancock have been blamed so far; no mention of violence in computer games or Marilyn Manson yet:

"****ing state of you auldwans. Handbags at worst and an over reaction from the cops. No arrests, no punches, no injuries. "

"Oh go to bed children. Its Oriel Park, its what happens in Oriel Park, save all the croc tears for the funeral of the People's Prince. "

"...the stewards and pigs handled it by banging a metal gate against everyone was a disgrace and actually caused more problems! "

"You would swear it was Heysel the way some on here and Healy are going on. No arrests, no slaps, no injuries. Just the cops pushing fans back into their section. Big deal."

"just a bit of pushing & shoving- nothing in it really- you never know what will happen after with the scumbags dundalk fans though "

"MON did nothing wrong whatsoever. The hysteria is laughable, life bans, arrests etc. Have any of you people ever been at a game in Oriel? Time for a lie down and a cup of tea for a few people on here."

"The fines should be sent to oriel,that would never ever happen in tallaght,the stewards up there are just a bunch of ape men taken off yhe doors of the pubs and clubs in the town."

Louth4sam
03/05/2010, 11:09 PM
A few quotes from Shamrock forum. Dundalk town, Oriel Park, the stewards, Gardaí and Hancock have been blamed so far; no mention of violence in computer games or Marilyn Manson yet:

"****ing state of you auldwans. Handbags at worst and an over reaction from the cops. No arrests, no punches, no injuries. "

"Oh go to bed children. Its Oriel Park, its what happens in Oriel Park, save all the croc tears for the funeral of the People's Prince. "

"...the stewards and pigs handled it by banging a metal gate against everyone was a disgrace and actually caused more problems! "

"You would swear it was Heysel the way some on here and Healy are going on. No arrests, no slaps, no injuries. Just the cops pushing fans back into their section. Big deal."

"just a bit of pushing & shoving- nothing in it really- you never know what will happen after with the scumbags dundalk fans though "

"MON did nothing wrong whatsoever. The hysteria is laughable, life bans, arrests etc. Have any of you people ever been at a game in Oriel? Time for a lie down and a cup of tea for a few people on here."

"The fines should be sent to oriel,that would never ever happen in tallaght,the stewards up there are just a bunch of ape men taken off yhe doors of the pubs and clubs in the town."

Unfortunately that's why things will never change. It's always somebody else's fault according to a lot of Rovers fans.

The only way this will end is if the FAI come down hard. Force a behind doors game in Tallaght. It won't happen again after that.

Dodge
03/05/2010, 11:10 PM
In fairness far more Rovers fans condemning the incidents and calling for those involved to be banned etc. No point trying to make out they're all posting the stuff you quoted

PartySaint
03/05/2010, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately that's why things will never change. It's always somebody else's fault according to a lot of Rovers fans.

The only way this will end is if the FAI come down hard. Force a behind doors game in Tallaght. It won't happen again after that.

Yes it will, There is way to much scum at that club for it to never happen again

Red4Eva
03/05/2010, 11:17 PM
In fairness far more Rovers fans condemning the incidents and calling for those involved to be banned etc. No point trying to make out they're all posting the stuff you quoted

Wasn't trying to say that my set of quotes represents the common consensus over there but I think it's shocking that this minority exists.

Acornvilla
03/05/2010, 11:24 PM
Longford don't have any fans, let alone scum! Marty is our biggest hooligan :)

Dunny
04/05/2010, 12:06 AM
It was all the ref/cops/stewards faults!:loser:

dfx-
04/05/2010, 12:11 AM
A few quotes from Shamrock forum.

Just a few..amazing how they all agree with your bias. Could you not find anything that disagrees..? I can.

RoversHead
04/05/2010, 12:13 AM
Rovers fans are a different breed of scum, A shame to Irish footballIf anyone should know better than to call all Rovers fans scum it is you Partysaint ,you have enough mates that are Rovers fans .

poster
04/05/2010, 12:16 AM
Never happened. Shams are innocent. The MODEL club, with MODEL fans.

My arse.

PartySaint
04/05/2010, 12:20 AM
If anyone should know better than to call all Rovers fans scum it is you Partysaint ,you have enough mates that are Rovers fans .

Do i no you??

Mr A
04/05/2010, 12:21 AM
Just a few..amazing how they all agree with your bias. Could you not find anything that disagrees..? I can.

Would it not make sense to post them rather dismiss his post?

BluSonic
04/05/2010, 12:42 AM

There are far too many to post. The sillyness on here is unbelievable , one would swear that every club was devoid of a hooilgan element and innocent of incidents such as this.

From my own experience supporting Rovers:
Shels "fans" showering us in 50p's on leaving Tolka (years back)
Bohs "fans" storming Garda cordon's outside Dalymount
Pats "fans" crossing the pitch to confront the Rovers fans, followed by the destruction of their own ground.
Dundalk "fans" tossing ball bearings being into the away end
Trouble in The Brandywell with the "fans" and Stewarts
Cars and Busses vandalised in Cork and drogheda

This isn't an isolated Shamrock Rovers incident this is mostly leagues wide (bar the lesser supported clubs, UCD, Bray ect.)

I think most posters should be looking at their own house before the condem others, time for common sense, though it does seem to be that common around here.

dfx-
04/05/2010, 12:44 AM

Do they need to be posted to prove it? They are there for all to see, even red4eva. They are far easier to find too.

bullit
04/05/2010, 12:53 AM
the game in oriel tonight was properly policed.If an element travel to create trouble then you can police and steward it to death and you will still get trouble.The main point is SRFC fans have done this before and the club and their board have just pushed the problem to one side.I agree with posters on here tonight that say we all have scum elements involved and following "their" clubs but not to the extent that they will come close to getting a LOI game abandoned.(and i thought at one stage that it was going to go that way) Do not blame the chambers or MON sendings off as been the catalyst for the trouble,it was going to start at one time or another because the scum involved went to oriel tonight with just that on their minds.
SRFC board and fans deserve a big fine and a sanction of some kind because that side off their house MUST be put in order and fast

Ciaran W
04/05/2010, 1:04 AM
One of the main lads involved in all of the trouble is in my school, and i know a few of the others to see from around tallaght, they are absolute scumbags !

Charlie Darwin
04/05/2010, 1:15 AM
People are probably overreacting - the section of the crowd was briefly out of control, but the stadium was more than adequately policed and they Gards easily defused the situation. It took a few minutes for cool heads to prevail on the Shams (I'm a Rovers fan, for the record) side, but nothing serious happened, probably because it was the poser faction going up against a police force that's dealt with far, far worse.

The referee had clearly bottled it by that point, though. Unless I'm mistaken, the referee signalled 6 minutes added on (the game was stopped longer than that for the disturbances alone) and blew up after 5.

RoversHead
04/05/2010, 1:42 AM
Do i no you??you know enough of us to know that we are solid LOI fans who greet other fans with a warm welcome in the Maldron before games,a welcome that you yourself have enjoyed,you have let yourself down jumping on this thread and adding to the they are all scum nonsense but you are young you will learn,and we will welcome you again in friendship and football.

Ezeikial
04/05/2010, 5:34 AM
A few observations about the disturbances from Shamrock Rovers "fans" tonight:

1) The number of trouble makers involved were relatively small among a large and generally decent Shamrock Rovers support (some of whom left the ground immediately the trouble erupted).

2) The problem was dealt with quickly and with great efficiency by stewards in the first place and especially by the Gardai subsequently

3) To my knowledge no one was injured or hurt (other then the perpetrators, possibly)

4) There were no arrests inside the ground (although there certainly could/should have been)

5) Opposing fans did not come into contact in any skirmish.

6) It is inevitable that the media and some foot.ie posters take pleasure in exaggerating and point scoring on rival clubs in this type of situation.

None of the above disguises the potentially dangerous and unacceptable situation that is facilitated by the inaction and irresponsible attitudes of those running the Shamrock Rovers club:

A) The lack of co-operation from SRFC regarding ticket sales for away games is appalling. SRFC have continually thwarted efforts by Dundalk (and presumably by other clubs) to make games ticket only. This is starkly illustrated by the fact that less then 100 tickets were sold by SRFC in advance for tonights game. For the last league game in October only token efforts were made to sell tickets, with Rovers fans being expressly told by the club that "you can get them on the night" despite a specific agreement to the contrary. This distancing from responsibility by SRFC is indicative of the general attitude and apathy towards how some followers of the club behave.

Of course advance sales of tickets by SRFC would not guarantee an absence of the moronic behaviour seen tonight, but would certainly allow for many known troubles makers to be stopped at source.

B) There were minor but unsavory incidents on both occasions when Rovers came to Oriel Park last season. On one occasion a senior SRFC official was asked to intervene with a number of unruly Rovers supporters in the stand. He refused to leave the bar, saying it was nothing to do with him!

C) On another occasion another Rovers board member actually interfered with a steward who was trying politely to get some Rovers fans to return from the home section to their allocated section of the stand. The arguments and interference became a far greater potential flashpoint then the original difficulty.

D) The same Rovers board member was incredibly sanguine about events tonight, shrugging the shoulders and saying "that’s football, passions get inflamed"

Make no mistake about it, Shamrock Rovers do not have a monopoly of badly behaved followers (we in Dundalk have our own significant small core of trouble seekers). There was no direct serious outcome tonight. But if proper and decisive action is not taken it is only a question of time before there are serious consequences. A further consequence is that the reporting of tonights trouble is likely to entice more trouble makers to Oriel and disuade families from attended.

If clubs (which includes their decent fans) are not prepared to take the required decisive actions needed, and continue to pay lip service to their responsibilities (which includes the idiot posters here and on the SRFC forum minimising the issues), the FAI must take the more stick then carrot approach. Fines are not working for SRFC - it is time to change attitudes there with a more radical approach

redobit
04/05/2010, 8:57 AM
Why didn't they just pepper-spray the c***s.