PDA

View Full Version : Number of full-time pros at each LOI club ?

Tony Soprano
03/05/2010, 7:41 PM
Anyone got any information about approximate number of full time pros at each LOI club ?

How many players at Bohs are full-time ?

Do Fingal have a fully pro squad (ie 20+ players) ?

What is the situation at Shams ?

Are Dundalk full-time ?

St Pats ? Sligo ?

How many full time pros do Cork and Derry now have ?

galwayjames
03/05/2010, 7:54 PM
Cork and Derry probably don't have any

total hoofball
03/05/2010, 10:20 PM
Anyone got any information about approximate number of full time pros at each LOI club ?

How many players at Bohs are full-time ?

Do Fingal have a fully pro squad (ie 20+ players) ?

What is the situation at Shams ?

Are Dundalk full-time ?

St Pats ? Sligo ?

How many full time pros do Cork and Derry now have ?

Bohs - fully full time
Fingal - fully time time
Dundalk - mostly full-time
Shams - officially part-time but I believe their training schedule is as close to full-time as you'll get
Pats - part-time
Sligo - ??
Derry City - part-time
Cork City FORAS Co-op - part-time

Mr A
03/05/2010, 11:08 PM
Harps have 37 full time Public Relations Officers. That's the reason we're on the edge of extinction.

Mistakes were made, lessons were learned.

Tony Soprano
04/05/2010, 12:02 AM
Bohs - fully full time
Fingal - fully time time
Dundalk - mostly full-time
Shams - officially part-time but I believe their training schedule is as close to full-time as you'll get
Pats - part-time
Sligo - ??
Derry City - part-time
Cork City FORAS Co-op - part-time

That's what I thought apart from Pats - weren't they full time last season ? Have they reverted to semi-pro ?

Anyone got any more details on the set up at Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers - how they train (when and how often), how many of the players have other jobs etc

poster
04/05/2010, 12:08 AM
I think most of our lads are training full time apart from O'Grady. Not sure about the younger lads but I'd say they are FT too.

Flawless
04/05/2010, 3:18 AM
Dundalk have 14 Full time players supplemented by 3-4 Youth/u-20 players who are obviously part time. Worth noting that the only player over 21 on the bench for Dundalk tonight was Matt Gregg. Breen is 18, Murphy 17, McGuigan 20, and Mulvenna 21. Alan Cawley is still out injured.

Charlie Darwin
04/05/2010, 3:35 AM
That's what I thought apart from Pats - weren't they full time last season ? Have they reverted to semi-pro ?

Anyone got any more details on the set up at Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers - how they train (when and how often), how many of the players have other jobs etc
Pat's definitely have some part-time players - am fairly sure it's the whole squad. I know Fingal have fit some of their squad up with jobs at the club, so they're probably not all technically full-time footballers.

Ezeikial
04/05/2010, 5:59 AM

The normal training routine at Dundalk is Monday, Tuesday, rest day Wednesday, Thursday, match day Friday, warm down training on Saturday, rest day Sunday. Training schedule will obviously vary with extra matches are played on Mondays.

The whole training regime is streets ahead of what we had last season, and appears to be highly professional and meticulous.

redobit
04/05/2010, 9:01 AM
Sligo Rovers i suppose are considered full time - that said considering the wages that some of the players are on its a wonder that they dont seek part time employment.

Dodge
04/05/2010, 10:06 AM
Pats are definitely all part time. Ironically enough though our fitness this year seems better

It should be noted that not all players work though

pineapple stu
04/05/2010, 10:08 AM
We've no full timers.

oriel
04/05/2010, 1:00 PM
The normal training routine at Dundalk is Monday, Tuesday, rest day Wednesday, Thursday, match day Friday, warm down training on Saturday, rest day Sunday. Training schedule will obviously vary with extra matches are played on Mondays.

The whole training regime is streets ahead of what we had last season, and appears to be highly professional and meticulous.

I thnk our training is from 10am each day and some days has a bit of swimming/gym work in the afternoon ? What about diets ? I wonder does the club provide a meal after training, since its now full time ?

Roo69
04/05/2010, 1:06 PM
Dundalk have 14 Full time players supplemented by 3-4 Youth/u-20 players who are obviously part time. Worth noting that the only player over 21 on the bench for Dundalk tonight was Matt Gregg. Breen is 18, Murphy 17, McGuigan 20, and Mulvenna 21. Alan Cawley is still out injured.

Those lads are old pros compared to our 17 years old squad members !

Bray are fully part time, apart from the clubs GM.

Tony Soprano
04/05/2010, 2:28 PM
thanks for the info

looks like a good set up at Dundalk, exciting times up there right now

would love to know what the situation is at Shamrock Rovers

Tony Soprano
04/05/2010, 2:34 PM
We've no full timers.

how many of UCD's players are actually students there ? how many on scholarships ?

pineapple stu
04/05/2010, 2:56 PM
I think all our players bar Kilduff are either UCD students or UCD graduates. Killer's in Maynooth. Not sure how many are on scholarship.

passinginterest
04/05/2010, 3:23 PM
From my understanding of Shamrock Rovers very few of the players have jobs outside of football but the option is there, as far as I know they train early evenings. With the amount of training and matches involved it's be pretty hard to hold down anything substantial during the season.

fionnsci
07/05/2010, 10:45 PM
Mahon said in the programme tonight that "6 or 7 of our players" had to go to work the day after the UCD game on Monday, so I suppose there's the answer for Pat's.