PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Games 3rd & 4th May

Pages : [1] 2 3

Magicme
03/05/2010, 6:09 PM
Teams warming up here at Terryland Park for the Mervue v Mons game.

Teams:

MERVUE: Hanley, N Curran, Cunningham, Walsh, Browne, McEntee, Lee, Tierney, Hoban, Keogh, E Curran. Subs: Farrell, Ryan, Connolly, Waters, Winn.

MONAGHAN UNITED: Sava, McMahon, Costigan, Lynch, Gartland, McCrossan, O'Connor, Byrne, Brennan, Hughes, Clancy. Subs: Flynn, Tierney, Bermingham, Donnelly, Collins.

Kick off 7.45pm.

Magicme
03/05/2010, 6:55 PM
Mervue take an unexpected early lead when Aidan Lynch put the ball in his own net 3 mins into the game: Mervue United 1-0 Monaghan United.

Fester
03/05/2010, 7:21 PM
UCD 1 up McMillan 33'

kingdomkerry
03/05/2010, 7:24 PM
Rovers cant string 3 passes together in midfield. There playing hoofball. Dundalk are trying to play and deserve to be ahead.

Magicme
03/05/2010, 7:36 PM
HT: Mervue United 1-0 Monaghan United

Fester
03/05/2010, 7:50 PM
Limerick 1 up Cahill 48'

Fester
03/05/2010, 7:55 PM
Dundalk 1 up Fenn 53'

Fester
03/05/2010, 7:57 PM
Dundalk 2 up 56' Melligan

Fester
03/05/2010, 8:08 PM
Shams get 1 back 66' Twigg

Magicme
03/05/2010, 8:10 PM
Mervue down to 10 men with Enda Curran receiving a 2nd yellow for a tackle on Cathal O'Connor.

Jicked
03/05/2010, 8:14 PM
4 goals in 4 starts this season for Twigg. The guy is unreal.

Red4Eva
03/05/2010, 8:27 PM
Scum!!

Bray-Z
03/05/2010, 8:28 PM
Scum!!

What happened?

Fester
03/05/2010, 8:30 PM
Chambers SO for Rovers

Mons now 1 - 1

Magicme
03/05/2010, 8:30 PM
Mons pull one back with Aidan Collins capitalising on a goalkeepers error to poke it home in the 83rd min.

Ciaran W
03/05/2010, 8:31 PM
Stupid scumbag rovers fans !

Maroon 7
What happened?

Rovers fans going nuts.

kingdomkerry
Little knackers should be banned from every loi stadium

Sam_Heggy
03/05/2010, 8:32 PM
game held up for 8 or 9 minutes with Rovers "fans" doing their best to get something started. Real pity as it was a good game up til then.

gufct
03/05/2010, 8:32 PM
Scum!!

Absolute clowns who do they think they are. Rovers have about 50 lads caught on camera that should be named,shamed and banned.

Sam_Heggy
03/05/2010, 8:33 PM
Should be interesting after the game to hear reports of fans trying to get home.

Sam_Heggy
03/05/2010, 8:34 PM
Apperantly Rovers now down to 9 men O'Neill SO

O'Neill is the manager

kingdomkerry
03/05/2010, 8:38 PM
Dont know about 50 of them but the lad that stood on the advertising boarding was central to it all. That little gurrier should get a "talking to". Disgraced all real SRFC fans

Fester
03/05/2010, 8:38 PM
It has been going on for years with some rovers supports and nothing is ever done about it from one year to the next!!

Magicme
03/05/2010, 8:39 PM
FT Mervue United 1-1 Monaghan United

Jicked
03/05/2010, 8:46 PM
Dont know about 50 of them but the lad that stood on the advertising boarding was central to it all. That little gurrier should get a "talking to". Disgraced all real SRFC fans

Pathetic scenes, I don't know why a cop didn't reef that little scumbag off the hoardings and kick him out. The idiots cost us as much as Hancock's ridiculous sending off of Chambers (which was very bizarre), only 5 minutes were played of injury time which was how long it took to sort out those knackers, which meant we didn't get to play any "additional" time at all. Cheers lads. Felix Healy really doesn't like Rovers though "these scenes will be shown across the world"... don't think it was quite that bad Felix.

Hairy Bowsie
03/05/2010, 8:46 PM
Rovers have no excuses not to ban at least 20 Hoolies that were caught live on television but i suspect that, as per Rovers, this will somehow be Dundalks fault :rolleyes:

It's actually Michael O'Neills fault and he should pick up a fine too.

RĂ©iteoir
03/05/2010, 8:57 PM
Rovers have no excuses not to ban at least 20 Hoolies that were caught live on television but i suspect that, as per Rovers, this will somehow be Dundalks fault :rolleyes:

Should remember though that any evidence you saw there tonight was as a result of doctored TV footage ;)

De Town
03/05/2010, 9:02 PM
It was all Bohs fans fault.

Charlie Darwin
03/05/2010, 9:07 PM
Pathetic scenes, I don't know why a cop didn't reef that little scumbag off the hoardings and kick him out. The idiots cost us as much as Hancock's ridiculous sending off of Chambers (which was very bizarre), only 5 minutes were played of injury time which was how long it took to sort out those knackers, which meant we didn't get to play any "additional" time at all. Cheers lads. Felix Healy really doesn't like Rovers though "these scenes will be shown across the world"... don't think it was quite that bad Felix.
Couldn't quite believe he only played 5 minutes - there was at least 10 between three goals, a handful of subs and the 7-8 minutes it took to quell the mini-riot.

Ceirtlis
03/05/2010, 9:10 PM

Michael O'Neill was not at fault for it. His punishment was he was sent off(wrongly in my opinion).Just because your manager is annoyed on the touchline doesnt mean that fans have to start misbehaving, their not children ffs, they surely have some sense of reasoning in their small little brains.

The actual amount of punches thrown was 0. It really was pathetic stuff. I would love for this gang of spotty faced goons to try this against some real hooligans. A European trip to Serbia or somewhere similar might be just what is needed for these vermin.

osarusan
03/05/2010, 9:24 PM
Limerick 1 - 0 Shelbourne

Goal came from a Deady corner which shels keeper (Delaney?) misjudged and Cahill nodded in from 3 or 4 yards. Good win for us, I expected Shels to be better - they didn't cause many problems until the last 30 mins, and not many even then. They had a goal ruled out for offside, which they didn't complain about too much. Shels had a few dozen down, and they were in good voice for the most part.

Edit: says the goal was disallowed for handball on extratime.ie

Hairy Bowsie
03/05/2010, 9:27 PM
It was all Bohs fans fault.

A rare alignment between the Moon and Mars caused some normally well behaved, casually dressed gents, to behave totally out of character so it's actually Sir Patrick Moore's fault.

White Horse
03/05/2010, 9:32 PM
The Gardai put on the biggest security operation I've seen since Linfield came to town. The were checkpoints at various entrances to the town, horse mounted Gardai, other Gardai with dogs, and the riot squad was on alert at the station. We've only seen a fraction of that security at other high profile games.

I thought O'Neill was a disgrace. I can understand players getting worked up, but the manager should be aware of his reponsibilities. Chambers was unlucky to be sent off, a typical LOI sending off.

Charlie Darwin
03/05/2010, 10:26 PM
I didn't think O'Neill did much wrong. A simple word from the referee should and would have calmed him down. It was a bad decision and managers need to be allowed vent a little. Fans charging the police is an entirely different matter, though - Gards dealt with it very well.

Flexy
03/05/2010, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=osarusan;1354004]Limerick 1 - 0 Shelbourne

Good results for Derry and Waterford tonite with Mons drawing and shels losing

HarpoJoyce
03/05/2010, 11:42 PM
Good win for UCD. Squeezes up the the middle a little, makes it all warm and cosy.
Great goal from David McMillan (Evan's brother) and the best answer to the slagging he got from some Pat's fans after he was chopped down by Derek Pender.
Pender had a wonder strike with the outside of his left boot that Gary Rogers tipped around the post to avoid the og.

Winger Dwayne Wilson had another great performance, Billy Brennan caught up on Rogers' goal conceded count. It's Brennans seventh Airtricity League clean-sheet.
Nice the Pat's fans kept singing through the game.

Dodge
03/05/2010, 11:52 PM
McMillen didn't get abuse because of anything at the game. Some lads who knew him through school/college gave him
abuse and others joined in (like sheep)

nice goal and deserved win for UCD

dfx-
04/05/2010, 12:56 AM
How does it work out that the game was held up for 7 minutes in Oriel tonight and there was 5 minutes injury time..does that mean an 88 minute game was played?

Congrats to Dundalk, well deserved win...comical defending for the second goal.

SkStu
04/05/2010, 1:27 AM
eh, Bohs won by the way.

Crisis? What crisis?

danthesaint
04/05/2010, 1:35 AM
McMillen didn't get abuse because of anything at the game. Some lads who knew him through school/college gave him

imo he did, he went down in the box when rogers came out, even tho rogers got the ball, i think some of us felt he dived, altho i didnt i thought rogers got his hand to the ball first and ucd deserve a corner but instead a goal kick was given

Ezeikial
04/05/2010, 5:50 AM
Smashing game in Oriel Park tonight.

The team that Ian Foster has assembled has treated us to some great games this season, particularly the 2-0 win in Tallaght, the St Pats 0-0 (best no score draw I have seen for a long time), the super win over Bohs (with Bohs playing some excellent if non-threatening football), but tonight, particulalrly in the first half was very special football.

Dundalk made Shamrock Rovers look ordinary and the 2-1 scoreline gives a wrong impression. Rovers were simply steamrolled out of it, and in Tom Miller (clubs player of the month) and Stephen Maher (tonights MOTM) have a midfield powerhouse that almost makes Paul Keegan look timid by comparison (well maybe a slight overstatement!). Melligan, Faz and Fenn (how did you let him go Fenlon?) add finesse and energy in different measures. Gaynor is a nightmare for any defendor and the back four is rock solid (I wonder does MON still rate Dan Murray over Liam Burns?)

This is a team that is going places and doing it in some footballing style - I can't wait to take on Pats on Friday!

Dodge
04/05/2010, 6:31 AM
dan, McMillen got abuse from the first minute from 5/6 lads and it was because they knew him

HarpoJoyce
04/05/2010, 8:45 AM

imo he did, he went down in the box when rogers came out, even tho rogers got the ball, i think some of us felt he dived, altho i didnt i thought rogers got his hand to the ball first and ucd deserve a corner but instead a goal kick was given

dan, McMillen got abuse from the first minute from 5/6 lads and it was because they knew him

The 'booing' was sustained, so there had to be a reason for that. I remember now both Rodgers and D.McMillan going for the ball. McMillan lay on the ground for about 20 secs and then got up holding his chest. So maybe some more Pats fans profiled him as a player looking for a penalty. It grew after Derek Pender was carded.
So maybe, maybe Dodge has small argument in what he says.

If it's any consolation UCD FANS booed Derek Pender for the rest of the first half, sheepishly. I ensured that continued a little into the second half (both the booing and the sheepishlyness). Next Match: BRAY.

Dodge
04/05/2010, 9:01 AM
The initial stuff was definitely personal. I was right beside the lads doing it. As I said, some sheep followed in but at no stage was he getting stick off more than 20 lads.

(Oh and it looked a definite penalty to me)

bennocelt
04/05/2010, 9:09 AM
the super win over Bohs (with Bohs playing some excellent if non-threatening football), but tonight, particulalrly in the first half was very special football.

Just think that's a pretty good assessment of Bohs at the moment, exactly what I saw last night anyway against Drogheda:)

pineapple stu
04/05/2010, 9:43 AM
The initial stuff was definitely personal.
If that's the case, I imagine some other Pat's fans later thought it was for diving for the peno and joined in (cos booing is fun). It was only after that that I noticed it anyway.

Very enjoyable game; nerves added lots to it I'm sure. Reckon we could teach Inter a thing or two about defending. Been simply immense at the back the last couple of games. Great move for the goal too; 17 passes all told. Davey Mac couldn't wait to watch it afterwards.

Sam_Heggy
04/05/2010, 9:59 AM
Bring on the new club tonight, shouuld be a cracking atmosphere. Just a pity it's mid-week.

Magicme
04/05/2010, 10:17 AM
Sam, we need you to do us a wee favour....:D

Sam_Heggy
04/05/2010, 10:22 AM
Sam, we need you to do us a wee favour....:D

Which one?

The one where you asked us to trash the place or beat Derry?