PDA

View Full Version : Shadows over the summer switch

Neil
24/10/2001, 4:39 PM
Emmet Malone article on the problems we still have to solve before Summer Soccer kicks off.

here (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/loi/malone.htm)

pete
24/10/2001, 5:19 PM
Emmet Malone is ually one of the more thoughtful eL reporters & doesn't bash it for the sake of it like soome others.

I think he got 1 major point incorrect though: next season is meerly a transition season with the launch propermin march 2003!

I don't agree with non-winter football but I think the world cup shouldn't harm too much. OK when the group matches are on it'll be wall to wall WC football but in the last 2 weeks of theres usually a few days without football between rounds. Will just mean clubs have to organise around matches a bit.

Maybe the unlikely will happen like when France won the World Cup. People will be gagging to see live football & get down to their local team? Could have stuff around the games reminding people of the irish internationals who played eL McGrath, Keane etc... ?

BTW took RTE 3 months to show first live game this season & have showed virtually no goals on the news or anything so that can't get any worse can it?