PDA

View Full Version : Longford Town .V. The Blues

Iorfa2MaccaJim
29/04/2010, 9:54 PM
Hi lads.

So Saturday is nearly upon us. What are everyones early predictions for the game ?

Acornvilla
29/04/2010, 10:01 PM
about 7-2 too you lot....

L.T.F.C.
29/04/2010, 11:32 PM
Some change has to be made... its like doing the same thing and expecting different results; it can't work.

BTW Athletico for the Europa League, fresh from their 2-0 victory in Flancare, they're brimming with confidence.

Martinho II
30/04/2010, 5:01 PM
5-0 to waterford.. Im sorry but we are not much good at the moment..

The Insider
30/04/2010, 5:21 PM
Im not looking forward to this game,like to be optimistic but Im not. It will be interesting to see who'll play in defence, changes have to be made with the two full-backs. Hope he gives Glynn longer than 45 minutes and gives Hynes a boot up the hole, guy never makes an effort.

De Town
30/04/2010, 5:42 PM
Very harsh on Hynes Insider, thought he was one of few to come out of last week with a bit of credit, made a big difference when he came on just before half time when we really should have equalised.

On tomorrow night's game, we'll get absolutely hammered unless there's serious improvement from last week.

The Insider
30/04/2010, 6:38 PM
Credit, he went down in a lot of peoples estimation with his performance that led to Hope being sent off. The supporters around me werent impressed with him.

De Town
30/04/2010, 9:12 PM
Fair enough he acted the ****** there, but you see that week in week out in all levels of football around the world. It's part of the game these days. Looking at last weeks "performance" though, he was probably our 2nd best player behind Lester imo.

outspoken
01/05/2010, 11:14 AM
I really fear for us tonight i reckon were going 2 lose 6-0 and in my opinion if that happens Cousins is gone. But if we put in a good performance tonight (even if we lose) with plenty of heart and spirit shown by the players unlike recent weeks against mervue and athlone then im sure we will all be happy for now. But let me make it clear if we dont beat Wexford on tue. night then cousins will have to go

Iorfa2MaccaJim
01/05/2010, 1:46 PM
Hope he gives Glynn longer than 45 minutes

I thought I read (I presume your on about) Derek Glynn left ye ?

L.T.F.C.
01/05/2010, 2:21 PM
I thought I read (I presume your on about) Derek Glynn left ye ?
Don't do it to me!

If results don't pick up, Cousins will have to go. Swear to God though, if I hear something like during a game, there will rigadoo!

Martinho II
01/05/2010, 5:04 PM
good mean kieran you got in here ok!;)

Acornvilla
01/05/2010, 8:17 PM
Shows what i know, cousins for president!

but apparently Waterford had no central deference just like ourselves

De Town
01/05/2010, 9:10 PM
What a great win! :D We go 1 down 1 minute into the 2nd half tonight after being the better team in the first half. Here we go again I said to myself, another hammering on the way. Then we have a man sent off, the floodgates are really going to open now I thought. Then we score out of nowhere, get a penalty 5 minutes later and we're sitting in the lead with 20 minutes to go. We then set up camp on our 18 yard line and defend and defend and defend some more! They hit the post with the last kick of the game when he had a free shot from 10 yards with just the keeper to beat! What a win!

Great heart shown by the team after last week's shambles. Young O'Reilly at right back had a stormer. Mooney in midfield was very impressive until his sending off. Philly Byrne made a huge difference at the back imo. Totally deserved the victory, Waterford showed feck all tbh, and their goal looked about 3 yards offside.

Battery Rover
01/05/2010, 9:21 PM
Is that Niall O'Reilly who played for us last season at right back.

if it is him Waterford cant be up to much if they made him look good as he was one of the worst footballers I have ever seen.

De Town
01/05/2010, 9:24 PM
I dunno if he used to play with ye tbh, tonight was his first appearance for us afaik. Had a great game though.

The Insider
01/05/2010, 10:08 PM
Yea thats the same Niall O'Reilly that was with Athlone, maybe the football we play suits him better. Great to have Philip Byrne back really steadied the ship and even if it kills me to say but it was nice to see Freeman getting on the scoresheet. Cousins asked for a big response and he got it. What a great display from the lads. Lets hope we bring that form into the Wexford Youths game Tues.

De Town
02/05/2010, 11:43 AM
Interview with Cousins up on extratime.

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3375/

outspoken
02/05/2010, 11:56 AM
O'Reilly was brilliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiant you couldnt fault him all night long and i was fairly close to the linesman who failed to put up his flag and evreyone around me agreed he was 2,3 maybe even 4 yards offside. the officisls were a discrase Mooney got 2 yellows for 50/50 tackles in the centre of the field he didnt get a warning or anything just to yellows straight away whereas the waterford defender that brought down Mcardle didnt even get a talking to when he took him down when we was clean through on goal thats a red card last time i checked but we got the win and thats all that matters GO ON THE TOWN

Martinho II
02/05/2010, 5:33 PM
Is that Niall O'Reilly who played for us last season at right back.

if it is him Waterford cant be up to much if they made him look good as he was one of the worst footballers I have ever seen.

do you know much about O'Reilly BR? He had an excellent debut for us. Where did ye sign him from last season and is he a Dublin lad too?Phille Byrne and Lester were immense in defense for us.. Freeman after havin two goals disallowed against Athlone finally scored on the third attempt! It was a superb pass that was hit from lester,flicked on by Hynes to Freeman who slotted it past Knockpa.. Lesters goal came from a Knockpa clearance meant for Kearney but McArdle who came on as sub read it superbly and got tripped as he went thro on goal..

Philip Byrne was so unlucky to have his clearance cleared off the line by Liam Kearney in the first half.. We were all over Waterford in the first half and didnt deserve to go behind allthough we could have defended better from Liam Kearneys cross for George O'Callaghan.. To recover from the shock of Craig Mooneys undeserved sending off showed bottle and character. Hynes had his best game for us so far.. Freeman played well up front too..

Unbelievably it was towns first win over Waterford Utd since 24.4.07 when Dave Mooney got the winner for us in a one nil win in flansiro.. It was great to see Justin Perrin on the bench.. If we can get two wins against Wexford on tuesday and Salthill on saturday we will storm up the table..by the way great to see ex town player stevie gavin there at the game! didnt get a chance to talk to him at it!!

Fantastic result!!:D