PDA

View Full Version : Bray v Galway

Roo69
29/04/2010, 12:55 PM
From BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/)

Bray Wanderers have a long injury list ahead of the visit of Galway Utd. to the Carlisle Grounds on Friday night. Shane O'Neill (hamstring), Stephen Brennan (hamstring) and Richie Baker (hamstring) who missed the trip to Dundalk will be missing again and Daire Doyle (foot), and John Mulroy (calf) both of whom had to come off on Monday night will also miss out, as will Dean Zambra who picked up an ankle injury.

Mark O'Brien who missed Monday night's game through supension following his sending off against Sahmrock Rovers returns to the squad and Dylan Vickers, Adam O'Connor and Ian Tuohy have been drafted in.

notever
29/04/2010, 10:03 PM
It looks like a case of everybody bring your boots.

bennocelt
30/04/2010, 9:06 AM
Says in Extratime that Galway Utd might put in goals their left back, they are that short of goalies - jeez cant wait to see that!!!

Dodge
30/04/2010, 9:09 AM
Says in Extratime that Galway Utd might put in goals their left back, they are that short of goalies - jeez cant wait to see that!!!

Played the last 10 minutes against Pats after Ryan's sending off, and apparently played the 90 against Derry in the League Cup

SupaJon
30/04/2010, 10:14 AM
Really looking forward to tonights match.

Looks like I'll be bringing up a full car load from Arklow City. :D

dublinwanderer
30/04/2010, 10:50 AM
Missing some important players there!!! i'd say the team might be:

Kane
Tresson, Webster, O'Connor, Massey
O'Neill, O'Brien, Shields, Tyrell
Kelly, Doyle

Subs:
Donnelly
Pablo
Tuohy
Kavanagh
Vickers

Thats what i would play but i would not be surprised if Kavanagh starts O'Neill dropping to the bench.

Hopefully we will get something out of the game and build on Monday's result! Galway seem to be missing a fair few players too!!! :)

Come on you boys in Green :)

Roo69
30/04/2010, 11:02 AM
Good man yourself SupaJon :) good to hear we get support from the south of the county.

I’m a little apprehensive about the game myself, I just keep thinking back to last season when we went out and beat Bohs and Rovers away from home and then the next week went out and lost against teams in the relegation battle with us in the Carlisle. I’m hoping we have learnt from our mistakes. I’m also very wary of Sheppard and Flood, they look like a really decent pairing up front and, Sheppard in particular damaged us with his pace from long balls over the top at the start of the season.

Galway are without a recognised goalkeeper though, which on paper should be a huge advantage to us, we need to put him under pressure early on though, come out with all guns blazing, a few long shots and crosses to unease him.

As usual, Galway will be a tough side to beat and we don’t have a great recent record against them but lets hope Monday’s result will send confidence coursing through the veins of Wanderers players.

When Doyle got injured the other night, Tresson came on and went to centre back with O’Connor switching to right full, I’d say Eddie will stick with that. I thought Franco would have been drafted into the squad myself with so many injuries.

Roo69
30/04/2010, 12:45 PM
Just looking on Galway's web site for team news. They have there own injury problems as well but it doesn't say if the players are out....

Barry Ryan (Suspended)
Stephen O’Donnell (Hamstring)
Derek O’Brien (Stomach)
Jason Molloy (Groin)
Karl Sheppard (Back)
Gary Curran (Knee)
Alan Murphy (Long-term)

Bray Head
30/04/2010, 12:51 PM
Let's hope Sheppard is out. He caused us plenty of trouble in the first game and looked good on tv against Bohs recently.

Mr Maroon
30/04/2010, 1:02 PM
Suspensions: Barry Ryan.

Injury doubts: Derek O'Brien, Tom King, Stephen O'Donnell, Ciaran Foley, Gary Curran, Bobby Ryan, Karl Sheppard, Jason Molloy and Alan Murphy.

Should be fun. :)

Roo69
30/04/2010, 1:05 PM
Let's hope Sheppard is out. He caused us plenty of trouble in the first game and looked good on tv against Bohs recently.

Let's be gready and hope they are all out ! :)

Looks like it will be our A Championship sides on show so Mr. Maroon

Mr Maroon
30/04/2010, 1:25 PM
Looks like it will be our A Championship sides on show so Mr. Maroon

If only we had one of those.

It'll be a left fullback in goals and whoever is fit outfield. Sheppard says he is fit to play. Looks like Derek O'Brien, Gary Curran and Steve O'Donnell are definitely out. Don't know about the rest.

naoise kennedy
30/04/2010, 9:38 PM
Did bray win last week againest the league leaders,,, how??????????????

Yet again another rotten performance from our defenders(except Massey) and kavanagh, again i ask why is he starting, passed galway the second goal and did nothing else of any benefit to bray..Up front Doyle was not fantastic but chased alot and challenged, Pablo .. i don't really know, can't really understand why is was taken off for the second half (well he did answer eddie back).. o'neill on the wings had some good moments

Second half was better, could not get any worse, we took kavanagh off brought on touhy and o'brien and we moved the ball better and created more chances ok we did not score but it was better..

Another question.. where was jake kelly tonight he was not down as injured, also what happened philip knight..

Bray-Z
30/04/2010, 10:28 PM

Yet again another rotten performance from our defenders(except Massey) and kavanagh, again i ask why is he starting, passed galway the second goal and did nothing else of any benefit to bray..Up front Doyle was not fantastic but chased alot and challenged, Pablo .. i don't really know, can't really understand why is was taken off for the second half (well he did answer eddie back).. o'neill on the wings had some good moments

Second half was better, could not get any worse, we took kavanagh off brought on touhy and o'brien and we moved the ball better and created more chances ok we did not score but it was better..

Another question.. where was jake kelly tonight he was not down as injured, also what happened philip knight..

Kelly was sick afaik. Dont know about knight.

rocket
01/05/2010, 4:02 PM
Kelly was sick afaik. Dont know about knight.
I think philly knight has left

gufcfan
03/05/2010, 4:07 PM
Goals are here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMhKtOwlGME#t=3m30s&fmt=22
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMhKtOwlGME#t=3m30s&fmt=18)

BrayUnknowns
04/05/2010, 8:23 AM

Pablo is the worst player to put a jersey on for Bray in the past 10 years. He is ****ing awful. he offers the team absolutely nothing. He has played in 5 or 6 games for us now and has not done a single thing of use. I hope that was the last we will see of hime in a Bray jersey because he is ****ing muck and is even slower than Tresson...

How Kavanagh is still starting is beyond me, the kid should not be put in a position like that by Eddie, he is the manager and really should know better. If he wants to play him, use him from the bench. O'Brien NEEDS to be starting for us in the middle of the park.

Overall, Galway were not really that better than us. They got lucky with there 2 goals, 1st one took a massive deflection off young Shane O’Connor which put unbelievable spin and loop in the ball, wasn’t going in otherwise, and as for the 2nd one ! well the less we talk about that the better. The only difference between them and us is that they have 2 decent strikers who work together.

Roo69
04/05/2010, 8:28 AM
Another question.. where was jake kelly tonight he was not down as injured..

Kelly had a stomach bug, returns for tonight's game with Sporting

KK77
04/05/2010, 8:48 AM
Depressing.

bennocelt
04/05/2010, 9:03 AM
Overall, Galway were not really that better than us. They got lucky with there 2 goals, 1st one took a massive deflection off young Shane O’Connor which put unbelievable spin and loop in the ball, wasn’t going in otherwise, and as for the 2nd one ! well the less we talk about that the better. The only difference between them and us is that they have 2 decent strikers who work together.

But dont you think Galway just put their foot of the pedal in the second half?
I thought both goals were a class effort, even if the second one was a from a bad mistake in midfield - but you are right in saying that it was all about the strikers. Jeez Bray should have at least got two in the second half.
Was impressed with that Shane O Connor lad, even though he had a tough job with Flood, etc

SupaJon
10/05/2010, 10:44 AM
Just back from a week in sunny Spain, so catching up on the results and stuff.

My nephew (from Paris) had a good time at the game and went home happy with his programme as a souvineir (shame about the result though).

His 2 favourite players are now Robbie & Massey.

I'll take him again next time he's over in the summer.

And fair play to the fanaithe boys - I thought they made some good noise near the end.