PDA

View Full Version : Clear out starts

bluewhitearmy
28/04/2010, 10:17 PM
Paul O'Donnell sacked as manager of A team.

tedd11
29/04/2010, 12:47 AM
Paul O'Donnell sacked as manager of A team.

why was he sacked?are the A team going bad?

joeSoap
29/04/2010, 7:42 AM
It's strange for an A team manager to be sacked. Was it a paid position? If so, perhaps it is just a cost cutting measure.

dell hell
29/04/2010, 8:24 AM
what a joke that is letting Paul go,he has been with the club for 3 years and brought alot of the current squad to the club.

Jofspring
29/04/2010, 8:48 AM
Is there more to this? Personal reasons or anything or was it just results based. Harsh if its because of results. Only Limericks second season in the A league after a break last year so much wasn't expected from the team anyway.

joeSoap
29/04/2010, 9:05 AM
Was he a Scully appointment? If not, maybe Scully wanted to bring in his own management which is understandable, but given his experience both with the club and local football it seems a strange one.

leather
29/04/2010, 9:19 AM
find that a strange one...

CiarĂ¡n R
29/04/2010, 9:22 AM
Was he a Scully appointment? If not, maybe Scully wanted to bring in his own management which is understandable, but given his experience both with the club and local football it seems a strange one.

he was at the club before Scully was appointed. In fact, he took charge for the first few games last season when the club was managerless, didn't he?

Poolman
29/04/2010, 9:29 AM
He was realeased last night in a disgraceful manner, he has given a very good 3 years with the club, they (limerick) could have gave O Donnell alittle respect, but im sure everything isnt above board.

trueview6
29/04/2010, 9:32 AM
He was realeased last night in a disgraceful manner, he has given a very good 3 years with the club, they (limerick) could have gave O Donnell alittle respect, but im sure everything isnt above board.
How did he get Released, letter etc....

joeSoap
29/04/2010, 9:44 AM
Keep this clean lads. No speculation, he said, she said etc....and no personal abuse.

Thanks.

Poolman
29/04/2010, 9:55 AM
Keep this clean lads. No speculation, he said, she said etc....and no personal abuse.

Thanks.
wheres the personal abuse.

joeSoap
29/04/2010, 10:13 AM
wheres the personal abuse.
I put it up simply to request that there is to be nothing personal, abusive or speculative posted as it has the potential to become a sensitive subject for some. I don't want to have to start editing every post. Thats all.

bluewhitearmy
29/04/2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe he didn't get on with people involved with him.
Maybe the fact that the As training consisted of passing a ball to each other then going into a match.

bluewhitearmy
29/04/2010, 2:14 PM
what a joke that is letting Paul go,he has been with the club for 3 years and brought alot of the current squad to the club.

Who did he bring to the club?

How was it disgraceful how he was released by the way poolman?

juniorballer
29/04/2010, 3:29 PM

How was it disgraceful how he was released by the way poolman? Perhaps you can tell us then why he deserved to lose his job? It seems that you are in the know and seem to think he deserved it. I'm sure poolman will throw in his two cents worth

bluewhitearmy
29/04/2010, 3:35 PM
A team is meant to be feeding players to the First team and all they do most days at training is play a match not exactly great preparation.

joeSoap
29/04/2010, 5:18 PM
In most LOI clubs the purpose of the A team is to keep fringe players fit, and available should the first team gaffer want to use them. I think Scully should have made this move at the start of the season and not now if he didn't want O'Donnell there. It doesn't send out the right message, and is bound to have an unsettling effect on those close to O'Donnell in both squads. All an A team manager is in effect is a go-between the first team manager and his fringe players, so therefore I don't see how its part of a 'clearout' as the thread title suggests. Is there more to be let go?

bluewhitearmy
29/04/2010, 6:02 PM
From what i hear more to come but would make sense to change title until that happens.
Not too many were upset about it when they found out tbh.
Why does it not send out the right message would the right message be to let a man that thinks a match is good enough for training stay?
Limericks A team is made up of young lads that are to gain experience before making the step up to first team thats why they choose to have an A team unlike prem clubs who have to have one.

Lim till i die
29/04/2010, 6:13 PM
Keep this clean lads. No speculation, he said, she said etc

perhaps it is just a cost cutting measure.

It doesn't send out the right message, and is bound to have an unsettling effect on those close to O'Donnell in both squads.

Is there more to be let go?

:rolleyes:

Daydreamer
29/04/2010, 11:40 PM
I agree with Pizza boy...unless you a player or a person that goes to alot of LFC sessions which i doubt any fan does tbh, so unless you are a player or a club official you should not be speculating.I actually watched a couple of training sessions that Paul O' Donnell had put on as we used to play in seanchoill before LFC trained and never once did i just see them play a game...Like pizza boy said there was a lot of what looked like Possession drill and they seemed quiet good albeit i woul not know a whole pile about the ins and outs of soccer training or coaching as all we usuually do is play a game of ball:eek:but tats 2A for ya

Poolman
30/04/2010, 6:18 AM

How was it disgraceful how he was released by the way poolman?
He brought thomas lyons to the club, and was very unlucky not to beat ucd in Dublin, he also put in alot of time off the field bringing in young quality players.

bluewhitearmy
30/04/2010, 11:02 AM
I have nothing against Paul i think e is a sound lad all that proves Pizza Boy is that the people you spoke to have a different opinion to the ones i did.

Daydreamer i am at most training sessions because i bring one of the lads in and out so i'm not speculating at all i was even at the training session that Paul was let go at.

Fair play if he brought Yellow thats a good signing but Dell Hell says he brought a lot of the current squad in i would like to know who.

Maybe the fact he was out at training complaining about having to have training so much and about the fact they had o travel to Cobh to play a match went against him seen as the two things are kind of exactly what his job was.

footymad
30/04/2010, 3:01 PM
I have nothing against Paul i think e is a sound lad all that proves Pizza Boy is that the people you spoke to have a different opinion to the ones i did.

Daydreamer i am at most training sessions because i bring one of the lads in and out so i'm not speculating at all i was even at the training session that Paul was let go at.

Fair play if he brought Yellow thats a good signing but Dell Hell says he brought a lot of the current squad in i would like to know who.

Maybe the fact he was out at training complaining about having to have training so much and about the fact they had o travel to Cobh to play a match went against him seen as the two things are kind of exactly what his job was.
Do you leave the meter running while analysing Paul's sessions "I wonder" ........:girl:;)

Treaty Gooner
30/04/2010, 3:25 PM
This is descending into farce, lock the thread. Best of luck to Paul,it seems like he gave a lot of time and added value to the club during his time with Limerick. Anyone who disagrees is entitled to think so but all this discussion is doing is speculating and is on the edge of character assasination. Lock it down mod.

bluewhitearmy
01/05/2010, 5:12 PM
Brian collopy yellow Gary sheehan Jefrie judge bobby tier nigel Stanley Gavin roche dave mcgrath and a few of last years 20,s all played for the 1st team at some stage in the past 3 seasons on top of getting together a very good crop of 20,s who I watched play pike and the Boro and heard they were very unlucky not too beat ucd who hammerd evryone bar Limerick and went on too win it handy..also I beleve he is part of the fairview minor management that has got too the fai final this season..too be fair he hasn't done bad for someone who allegedly just throws out the bibs and has a match for training..

Just highlighted the people he didn't bring in there for ya.

Daydreamer
01/05/2010, 7:20 PM
tell us who Brought them so , twas hardly Mick Shiel Or Barry Lynch, they would not know those lads??

bluewhitearmy
01/05/2010, 7:35 PM
tell us who Brought them so , twas hardly Mick Shiel Or Barry Lynch, they would not know those lads??

Brian Collopy,Gary Sheehan,Bobby Tier and Dave McGrath were signed by Kerley. Gary came to a trial for the A team as did Jason Hughes and were signed. The rest Kerley signed because him and Trev Lavell worked wit them at UL. Judge was signed by Scully as was Gavin Roche. I'm pretty sure he didn't sign Nige Stanley either but not 100%. Think it was Kerley that signed Yellow too according to one of the players.
Ye make out as if i'm out to get Paul all i'm doing is telling what i know because people are having a go at the club for getting rid of him.Wouldn't bother me at all if he was still there.

Daydreamer
01/05/2010, 8:08 PM
They may have signed him but it was Paul who was instrumental in signing them as he had a good knowledge of the youth teams for example he coached the Oscar Traynoe Minor team that yellow Judge and Tier were on and also Clarke and he would have been influential in signing all these guys.Anyone who has been around the club or knows some of the younger players as i do knows this, only guys that have just come on board in the last season would think otherwisw

Daydreamer
01/05/2010, 8:10 PM
[.Wouldn't bother me at all if he was still there.[/QUOTE]

It seems to bother you when you are slating his sessions and questioning his dedication

bluewhitearmy
01/05/2010, 8:24 PM
[.Wouldn't bother me at all if he was still there.

It seems to bother you when you are slating his sessions and questioning his dedication[/QUOTE]

Saying what i saw and what i heard can't see what the problem is.
Never said all training sessions were not good i didn't see every one but i have seen a lot.

Daydreamer
01/05/2010, 8:29 PM
well you did say if i rember correctly. That all he does is throw them a ball..and a mention of him being unwilling to travel to cobh...correct me if im wrong...anyway it does not matter now i suppose whats done is done ..hoperfully the new guy can keep producing guys for the first team

bluewhitearmy
01/05/2010, 8:34 PM
well you did say if i rember correctly. That all he does is throw them a ball..and a mention of him being unwilling to travel to cobh...correct me if im wrong...anyway it does not matter now i suppose whats done is done ..hoperfully the new guy can keep producing guys for the first team

From what i have seen a lot they didnt do much else then pass the ball around and play a game occasionally they had shooting practice.

Never said he was unwilling to travel i said he was moaning about having to travel which is 100% true.

Are you a Fairview man by any chance.

Daydreamer
01/05/2010, 8:51 PM
Corbally ..like playing and a keen interest in Limerick...how about u ?

bluewhitearmy
01/05/2010, 8:53 PM
No Junior club just a Limerick fan.

Was just thinking you might be backing up for Paul because of Fairview links.

Monster
02/05/2010, 9:35 AM
Never said he was unwilling to travel i said he was moaning about having to travel which is 100% true.

Are you a Fairview man by any chance.

I know for a fact he was instrumental in bringing Bobby Tier and young Judge to the club as i know both players personally.The rest i can not say as i dont know them.

PS-I Look forward to seeing what your training sessions consist of

Daydreamer
02/05/2010, 9:43 AM
No Junior club just a Limerick fan.

Was just thinking you might be backing up for Paul because of Fairview links.

nah i was at the boro for a season when he was there ..sound lad wll respected by most Junior clubs....

bluewhitearmy
02/05/2010, 1:48 PM
Make sure to work the taxi tonight as it promises to be a money spinner given the great Munster are playing on a bank holiday sunday.

I know for a fact he was instrumental in bringing Bobby Tier and young Judge to the club as i know both players personally.The rest i can not say as i dont know them.

PS-I Look forward to seeing what your training sessions consist of

It was actually me that the told the club Judge wanted to sign after he had told one of the lads already with the team that he wanted to. Scully had been in touch with him the year before anyway.

As soon as i have a training session i'll let ya know so you can come out.

connie
03/05/2010, 6:25 PM
Best of luck to paul, infairness to him he did give 100% and was very successful im sure he will learn and move on as hes experience as a player and a manager will be another clubs gain.

Treaty Gooner
03/05/2010, 11:39 PM
Best of luck to paul, infairness to him he did give 100% and was very successful im sure he will learn and move on as hes experience as a player and a manager will be another clubs gain.

Hear hear...not much support for your theories bluewhitearmy and if there was any truth in your claims the ultras would have weighed in behind you days ago. Great win tonight, time to move on.

bluewhitearmy
03/05/2010, 11:53 PM
I have a different opinion to ye get over it.
I know whats true i was there so couldn't care less if ye believe me.

Best of luck to Paul whatever he goes on to do.

Treaty Gooner
04/05/2010, 12:17 AM
I have a different opinion to ye get over it.
I know whats true i was there so couldn't care less if ye believe me.

Clearly...

Don't get precious,you'll mess your eyeliner.