View Full Version : Shams V SRFC

Bigone57
26/04/2010, 9:14 PM
Full time
Shamrock Rovers 1 Sligo Rovers 1
Twigg 6 Amond 36

showgies
26/04/2010, 9:55 PM
A good result by the boys tonight, sets it up nicely, hopefully for three points on Saturday.

We should get a decent crowd too, bank holiday weekend, Super-reds night, Ndo's first home game and a game against the team who broke our hearts.

Come on the Bit O'Red.......

oldrover
26/04/2010, 10:15 PM
great performance and great support for the bitored.full support will give the team the confidence they need.....lets see the same support in the showgrounds

red arrow
26/04/2010, 10:35 PM
yes. great result & lets get the 3 points on sat night. congrats to the team

MarkyH
27/04/2010, 9:35 AM
After a shaky 1st 20 mins we played really well and dominated the rest of the game. The team looks like it is beginning to gel, even Donninger did well last night. Riche Ryan was the stand out player for me. He has improved immeasurably this season and must be the form midfielder in the league at the moment. We passed the ball really well for the last 70 mins. Amond’s goal came from 1 such good move with a great through ball from McCabe.

The only pity was that we didn’t get the 2nd goal that we deserved. Dillon had a great chance in the 1st half, but seemed to hesitate too long before Turner got a good block in. McCabe had 2 chances in the 2nd half. The 1st after a great defence splitting pass from Ryan and then a run that took him past 4 players before shooting over.

We are a young team and I’m hoping that this result will give them a boost in confidence to push on for a win at home to Fingal on Saturday. Great to see Ndo organising the likes of McCabe and Doyle in the 2nd half. We need more talkers/leaders on the pitch with so many young players and Ndo’s experience should be beneficial.

On a side note, I thought Shams were brutal, Murray hoofing the ball forward all night. They don’t look anywhere near the standard of Bohs , Fingal or even Pats in terms of winning the league.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
27/04/2010, 5:32 PM
Ryan was brilliant again last night. Such a pity the provo forum members who were on his case all of last season are no longer here. McCabe would have goal of the season wrapped up if that shot after the run had gone in. He looks like a great little player. Ndo has some great touches as well. Himself and McCabe linked up well and he'll be a big hit for us. I'm sure if people who don't normally go to Rovers matches go and watch Ndo once they'll make sure and come back again

Still look a bit dodgy at the back although I thought the 2 full backs did well last night. Keane was all over the place in the first half but seemed a bit better in the second half. Good point but as with all the other good points we've picked up this season will mean nothing if we can't start winning games

poster
27/04/2010, 6:26 PM
Ryan was brilliant again last night. Such a pity the provo forum members who were on his case all of last season are no longer here.

Alot of positive things being said about RR on the 'new' forum. Probably in the top 3 midfielders in the league with Keegan and Turncoat. Could pass the ball through the pin of a needle. Is as good as any midfielder I've seen in The Showgies since the 80's.

celticV3
27/04/2010, 9:01 PM
Ryan was brilliant again last night. Such a pity the provo forum members who were on his case all of last season are no longer here.
ah here, ffs:D Richie i'm sure would admit he was useless last season. This season he is a completely different player. Having a go at your own set of supporters over foot.ie, seriously?

Redkenrover
27/04/2010, 9:02 PM
A good result by the boys tonight, sets it up nicely, hopefully for three points on Saturday.

We should get a decent crowd too, bank holiday weekend, Super-reds night, Ndo's first home game and a game against the team who broke our hearts.

Come on the Bit O'Red.......

What's the story with the Super Reds next Saturday? Nothing on the official site, and I dont live in Sligo so slightly out of the loop. Any info would help:D

showgies
27/04/2010, 10:24 PM
What's the story with the Super Reds next Saturday? Nothing on the official site, and I dont live in Sligo so slightly out of the loop. Any info would help:D

Nothing to get excited about if you don't have kids. The club have invited all the children who signed up for the SuperReds to come along where they will get t-shirts, goodie bag, face painting etc....

A great idea for getting the kids hooked on live footie....

bingoballs
28/04/2010, 9:45 AM
Ryan was brilliant again last night. Such a pity the provo forum members who were on his case all of last season are no longer here. McCabe would have goal of the season wrapped up if that shot after the run had gone in. He looks like a great little player. Ndo has some great touches as well. Himself and McCabe linked up well and he'll be a big hit for us. I'm sure if people who don't normally go to Rovers matches go and watch Ndo once they'll make sure and come back again

Still look a bit dodgy at the back although I thought the 2 full backs did well last night. Keane was all over the place in the first half but seemed a bit better in the second half. Good point but as with all the other good points we've picked up this season will mean nothing if we can't start winning games

I was critical of Ryan in the past but he has been transformed this season and fair play to him. All any of us want is for our team to play as well as they can.

jc46
28/04/2010, 10:03 AM
A lot of people are panicking about recent displays and results. Remember, we are not that far behind the leaders and a game in hand. Looking at the second round of games, we have Bohs, St Pat's and Sporting Fingal in the Showgrounds and we should get plenty of points from the others. Look at Bohs and Shams and their huge outlay on players and it will put things in perspective.

Redkenrover
28/04/2010, 9:19 PM
Nothing to get excited about if you don't have kids. The club have invited all the children who signed up for the SuperReds to come along where they will get t-shirts, goodie bag, face painting etc....

A great idea for getting the kids hooked on live footie....

Have one who is absolutely hooked and a super reds member! Cheers for the info showgies:D