PDA

View Full Version : Pavement

Wolfie
26/04/2010, 1:09 PM
Anyone lucky enough to nab a ticket for the Tripod gig - 4th May?

A spare ticket appears to be as rare as Hen's teeth wrapped in gold dust.

Should be a great gig.

Longfordian
06/05/2010, 11:39 AM
Was at this the other night, bloody brilliant is all I can say. 30 songs, two encores, all of their best stuff. Best 40 quid I've ever spent I reckon.

Wolfie
06/05/2010, 12:19 PM
Was at this the other night, bloody brilliant is all I can say. 30 songs, two encores, all of their best stuff. Best 40 quid I've ever spent I reckon.

Sounds like it lived up to the expectation. Gutted I missed it.

Longfordian
06/05/2010, 1:01 PM
Yeah everyone was thrilled with it. There were a couple of tickets knocking around outside, not too many though.

Wolfie
06/05/2010, 2:29 PM
Yeah everyone was thrilled with it. There were a couple of tickets knocking around outside, not too many though.

Feck anyway!!! First, the Polish President, then the Ash Cloud, Gerry Ryan and now this!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRGH!!!

Longfordian
06/05/2010, 4:39 PM
Yeah nearly always worth hanging around outside if you're not too far away. There were a few extra tickets released on ticketmaster a week or two beforehand as well, which is no good to you now obviously but it's just worth keeping in mind for future reference!.

corkharps
06/05/2010, 9:42 PM
Talk of them being added to the picnic line up!

Longfordian
07/05/2010, 12:17 AM
I've been half expecting that, they're not booked elsewhere AFAIK for those dates and there's usually a huge crossover with the primavera (?) festival in Spain which Pavement are playing and ATP as well. It's about the only way I could be tempted to EP this year. I'd find it hard not to go to another Irish gig after Tuesday night!

jebus
18/05/2010, 7:49 PM
Going to Primavera this year myself, can't for Pavement's set on Thursday night

Wolfie
19/05/2010, 12:15 PM
Going to Primavera this year myself, can't for Pavement's set on Thursday night

Enjoy. I've been immersed in the sound of Pavement for weeks. The Albums haven't aged at all - They're even better than I gave them credit for.

SkStu
19/05/2010, 6:52 PM
saw them in Coachella a few weeks ago. I was a long time fan but never got to see them live. Malkmus is a legend and played off the crowd really well. Catch them if you can.