PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries Have Boots Will Play?

pete
01/04/2004, 11:28 AM
Bolton midfielder Kevin Nolan could be plying his trade with the Republic of Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers in September.

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/republic_of_ireland/3505884.stm)

National Team or sudo-Club side?

Should Nolan be allowed do another u-turn?

lopez
01/04/2004, 11:34 AM
Bolton midfielder Kevin Nolan could be plying his trade with the Republic of Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers in September.

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/republic_of_ireland/3505884.stm)

National Team or sudo-Club side?

Should Nolan be allowed do another u-turn?
Watch out for statements of 'I'm Irish...now' and the omnipresent kissing the badge after scoring a goal. :rolleyes:

Declan_Michael
01/04/2004, 11:35 AM
Old news this one. Gives us second generationers I bad name though if some only decide to play for Ireland if they don't make the grade with England. Personally, if I was a player I would be going on the record from an early age stating it would be my dream to play for Ireland. For me it would be boys' in green or no one.

Dodge
01/04/2004, 11:37 AM
Old news this one. Gives us second generationers I bad name though if some only decide to play for Ireland if they don't make the grade with England. Personally, if I was a player I would be going on the record from an early age stating it would be my dream to play for Ireland. For me it would be boys' in green or no one.
I think that should the rule. I think players should have to declare before the reach 20. Just like Kilbane, Carsley and Delap did.

Not the best examples obviously but...

Éanna
01/04/2004, 1:44 PM
Another one to join the line along with Holland, Butler and Morrison. Can't stand these prats

Bring Back Mick
01/04/2004, 3:16 PM
I did hear a letter made its way to Merrion Square from Kevin Gallen pleading to play for the boys in green, explaining "yes I did take the money but as England aren't going to pick me can I be considered for Ireland "

Two words for Gallen begiinning and ending in F........................