PDA

View Full Version : Another "Derry got away with it" thread

Pages : [1] 2

the-blue-harp
23/04/2010, 11:45 AM
must be great to get all your debts cleared so you can buy fancy scoreboards...

OneRedArmy
23/04/2010, 12:50 PM
must be great to get all your debts cleared so you can buy fancy scoreboards...Yup, certainly is.

Only the little clubs pay debts (to paraphrase Leona Helmsley).

Finlay Harp
23/04/2010, 2:47 PM
New scoreboard for a new team. How nice!

the-blue-harp
23/04/2010, 3:34 PM
...and the debts things is in the past. Time to move on lads

its in the past for derry obviously, the rest of us try and honour our commitments and play by the rules. well if i ran a company and derry city had owed me money that i will never see, then they turn around and spend 40k plus on a scoreboard you would understand how that is like twisting the knife.

Dodge
23/04/2010, 3:51 PM
its in the past for derry obviously, the rest of us try and honour our commitments and play by the rules. well if i ran a company and derry city had owed me money that i will never see, then they turn around and spend 40k plus on a scoreboard you would understand how that is like twisting the knife.

But you don't own a company that Derry owe money to so its irrellevant to you. Don't try and paint your "concern" for the poor creditors as anything other than footballing rivalry

OneRedArmy
24/04/2010, 1:41 AM
its in the past for derry obviously, the rest of us try and honour our commitments and play by the rules. well if i ran a company and derry city had owed me money that i will never see, then they turn around and spend 40k plus on a scoreboard you would understand how that is like twisting the knife.You'll still be standing in Ballybofey with your hand out, inflated prices and all, just like every time we've come down and lined your pockets in the last 25 years.

If you really feel so aggrieved, make a moral point and limit us to the 10% of tickets we are allowed.... Yeah, didn't think so. Behind the faux grandstanding and anger I think we both know your board are rubbing their hands together already about the prospective gate money.

P.S. The scoreboard looks great.

MariborKev
24/04/2010, 2:01 AM

Who said anything about us spending €40k?

Mr_Parker
24/04/2010, 7:57 AM
Who said anything about us spending €40k?

Or honouring you commitments. :rolleyes:

Flexy
24/04/2010, 8:16 AM
Or honouring you commitments. :rolleyes:

Get over it Parker we owe you nothing. If you have anything to moan about blame celtic for ripping off irish fans for bringing youth teams over

Mr_Parker
24/04/2010, 8:23 AM
Get over it Parker we owe you nothing. If you have anything to moan about blame celtic for ripping off irish fans for bringing youth teams over

Celtic didn't bring a youth team over. Cliftonville were very happy with the team Celtic brought as was the sell out crowd that attended. :)

Flexy
24/04/2010, 8:55 AM
Celtic didn't bring a youth team over. Cliftonville were very happy with the team Celtic brought as was the sell out crowd that attended. :)
Parker the deal between Celtic and DCFC as part of the Mcourt deal was that Celtic AGREED to bring a full 1st team squad to the Brandywell, too many times they had brought youth teams and reserves players and the general public wernt happy, DCFC asked for the squad Celtic were bringing over and only included 2 first team squad players which DCFC were unhappy with. Celtic broke their promise of agreeing a date that would have the whole squad there. DCFC rightly cancelled the match as Celtic broke the terms of the contract end of

Mr_Parker
24/04/2010, 7:44 PM
Parker the deal between Celtic and DCFC as part of the Mcourt deal was that Celtic AGREED to bring a full 1st team squad to the Brandywell, too many times they had brought youth teams and reserves players and the general public wernt happy, DCFC asked for the squad Celtic were bringing over and only included 2 first team squad players which DCFC were unhappy with. Celtic broke their promise of agreeing a date that would have the whole squad there. DCFC rightly cancelled the match as Celtic broke the terms of the contract end of

That has absolutely no relevance. What Derry agreed with Celtic has nothing to do with what Derry agreed to with Cliftonville. If Celtic broke a promise with Derry that gives Derry no right to break a written promise made with Cliftonville.

Aaron
24/04/2010, 7:55 PM
Like Philip O'Doherty said, you should join the que and chase Wellvan Ent. for your cash.

Mr_Parker
24/04/2010, 9:11 PM
Mr P,

This is a thread about the scoreboard. If you want to start a new one on the whole Celtic one, fire away.

Maybe you should raise that point with Flexy. http://www.irishleaguesupporters.com/forums/images/smilies/whistling.gif

the-blue-harp
24/04/2010, 9:41 PM
But you don't own a company that Derry owe money to so its irrellevant to you. Don't try and paint your "concern" for the poor creditors as anything other than footballing rivalry

you have an awfully poor opinion of me dodge by the sounds of it, i do sympathise with the creditors because i have first hand experience of what their going through. Im not a partisan harps suppourter that hates derry city. i have as much connection with derry city as i have with finn harps as both sides of my family suppourt either team. so to be honest i cringe at the whole rivalry ****e. but you wouldnt know that before you make up your mind on my motives for no particular reason!!

Rocketman
25/04/2010, 8:35 AM
That has absolutely no relevance. What Derry agreed with Celtic has nothing to do with what Derry agreed to with Cliftonville. If Celtic broke a promise with Derry that gives Derry no right to break a written promise made with Cliftonville.

Cant have it both ways, Cliftonville voted to have the "New DCFC" booted out of the Setanta Cup because it was the "Old DCFC" that qualified. Yet Cliftonville feel they can chase the "New DCFC" for a debt of the "Old DCFC".

Mr_Parker
25/04/2010, 9:32 AM
Cant have it both ways, Cliftonville voted to have the "New DCFC" booted out of the Setanta Cup because it was the "Old DCFC" that qualified. Yet Cliftonville feel they can chase the "New DCFC" for a debt of the "Old DCFC".

Cliftonville did? When was this vote? How did all the other clubs vote? When was such power delegated from the Setanta Committee to the clubs?

Please don't tell us you are relying on a newspaper report. http://www.irishleaguesupporters.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

As for 'old' and 'new,' it is Derry who are trying to ride two horses across two associations and in doing so created the problem for themselves. It was predicted that it would come back to haunt and so it has.

Mr A
26/04/2010, 10:17 PM
Derry chairman 'Storms out' of meeting with Cliftonville, FAI: http://www.derryjournal.com/derry/Derry-chairman-storms-out-of.6249636.jp

Mr_Parker
28/04/2010, 11:39 AM
Derry chairman 'Storms out' of meeting with Cliftonville, FAI: http://www.derryjournal.com/derry/Derry-chairman-storms-out-of.6249636.jp

Load of nonsense.

shantykelly
28/04/2010, 9:01 PM
which part?

the part where cliftonville are chasing money off people who owe them nothing?

the part where cliftonville were too late in getting their claim submitted to the administrator of Wellvan Enterprises?

the part where the IFA didn't consider the alleged owing of money to Cliftonville as a 'football debt'?

or the part where cliftonville crawled up the arse of fran gavin in an attempt to pursue this issue further after having previously ballsed up any chance of even getting a sniff of the moey they are allegedly owed?

please clarify.

MariborKev
28/04/2010, 10:29 PM
The bit about the storming out?

shantykelly
28/04/2010, 10:46 PM
see, thats the part i didnt get - why would ye storm out of offices that are yours (oh alright, derry city councils, but ye get the idea).

cheifo
29/04/2010, 1:26 AM
Because of the irresponsible way Clubs have been run The FAI have had some very difficult choices to make and are often left with with the choosing of the lesser evil- unpalatable, perhaps unfair but a pragmatic decision for the benefit of fans and the League.
But I appreciate this topic has been discussed to death.

As a Harps fan I worry about our short term future but its vital for the Club to pay off local Creditors as much as possible for long term goodwill.
The plus side is both Derry and Harps have local based Teams and this is the long term way to go.
Yes the Home Match V Derry will be a vital revenue stream - just wish we had two of them.
A second home Match would have given the Club that is working hard to paying of its creditors a little breathing space.
We must be the only League in the World where Fans look forward to chanting the rights of creditors at their rivals. Prize for the wittiest :dance:

fitz32
29/04/2010, 2:08 AM
We've a new board. We've been demoted and have a pretty much new squad. The fans have pulled together, we get good numbers through the gates and the fans have chipped in...
Maybe if yous pulled in a few more numbers, you could get a nice new scoreboard too!
Looks well by the way, love it!

Sam_Heggy
29/04/2010, 9:46 AM
The new north-west derby is going to be craic next week, hopefully there is a massive crowd and we can get our views of the former Derry City across in song :)

It's not every season that you get to play new teams, never mind playing 2 new sides in 2 weeks.

Flexy
29/04/2010, 12:34 PM
The new north-west derby is going to be craic next week, hopefully there is a massive crowd and we can get our views of the former Derry City across in song :)

It's not every season that you get to play new teams, never mind playing 2 new sides in 2 weeks.
Sorry Sammy when was it again you beat us in a league match????????????????????????

osarusan
29/04/2010, 12:43 PM
yeah......maybe this thread has run its course.

passerrby
29/04/2010, 1:33 PM
Sorry Sammy when was it again you beat us in a league match????????????????????????

how could they have beat you if they never played you before

Mr A
29/04/2010, 1:36 PM
When was the last time Harps got thrown out of the league for cheating?

OneRedArmy
29/04/2010, 2:00 PM
When was the last time Harps got thrown out of the league for cheating?Old Chinese proverb say "Club whose Board meetings descend into boxing match probably not best placed to offer corporate governance advice". ;)

Candystripe
29/04/2010, 2:00 PM
Look on the postitive side,Harps are also playing us in the EA sports cup at the Brandywell the following week as well so you's will get a cut of the gate which will be more than you's have lifted at any home league game in years probably.

On another serious note,I see you's are in big debt and hopefully you's will sort it out somehow.

Really looking forward to two derbies in the next 2 weeks with massive attendances. I predict the same old same old though ;)

Sam_Heggy
29/04/2010, 2:57 PM
Old Chinese proverb say "Club whose Board meetings descend into boxing match probably not best placed to offer corporate governance advice". ;)

Better to sort it out in a board room rather than the court room :)

passerrby
29/04/2010, 3:12 PM
Look on the postitive side,Harps are also playing us in the EA sports cup at the Brandywell the following week as well so you's will get a cut of the gate which will be more than you's have lifted at any home league game in years probably.

On another serious note,I see you's are in big debt and hopefully you's will sort it out somehow.

Really looking forward to two derbies in the next 2 weeks with massive attendances. I predict the same old same old though ;)

how big is the debt and is it managable

Rocketman
29/04/2010, 4:26 PM
Better to sort it out in a board room rather than the court room :)

Just on a side note, have you seen our new expensive scoreboard :)

Mr A
29/04/2010, 4:44 PM
how big is the debt and is it managable

Not sure of the exact figure, but around 300-400k. It's borderline as to whether it's manageable or not. Or the one hand we're close to the new stadium and the structures have improved etc and the club seems to be going in the right direction. On the other there's a chance we won't be around next season because the debt could just drown us.

A huge amount of damage was done in a crazy 2008 (lost nearly 200k) and last year it felt like the club was in shellshock.

We've come back from this sort of debt before, but not in such a difficult environment.

Mr A
29/04/2010, 4:46 PM
Old Chinese proverb say "Club whose Board meetings descend into boxing match probably not best placed to offer corporate governance advice". ;)

Fair point. A lot of structural reform since then though. Can DCFC really say the same?

(Serious question by the way, it just seems like the new set-up isn't hugely different from the old one)

A N Mouse
29/04/2010, 4:49 PM
When was the last time Harps got thrown out of the league for cheating?

They've never actually been caught bothering sheep either.

But doesn't stop the rumors.

Rocketman
29/04/2010, 6:02 PM

I know its a bit early since the match is not until next week, but since the war of songs has been mentioned on this thread I would like to put something forward for the Harps fans :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug

Mr A
29/04/2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvLeCMTofE

the-blue-harp
29/04/2010, 10:40 PM
not hard to know the first north west derby is approaching, the build up begins, oh how sweet it would be if your ostentatious scoreboard read derry city 0 finn harps 1 at the end of the game! odds are stacked against us, but then everyone loves the underdogs!

OneRedArmy
29/04/2010, 11:32 PM
Fair point. A lot of structural reform since then though. Can DCFC really say the same?

(Serious question by the way, it just seems like the new set-up isn't hugely different from the old one)Time will be the ultimate judge, but on the basis the board is 100% new, we've local players, aren't frittering huge sums on stewards etc. it all feels a bit more realistic. Also we've someone in charge of the chequebook who is able to say no to SK which was the root of the last few years problems IMO.

Looking forward to the derby, there's always a good buzz around it.

Mr A
29/04/2010, 11:39 PM
Won't someone please think of the poor greyhounds?
http://www.savethegreyhounddogs.org/images/gallery_3.jpg

Flexy
03/05/2010, 10:08 AM
won't someone please think of the poor greyhounds?
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

outspoken
03/05/2010, 2:44 PM
can some off the derry fans post a pic of the new scoreboard

dcfc_1928
03/05/2010, 7:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfgKis9D3z0

Sam_Heggy
04/05/2010, 10:01 AM
You are a mucker, a dirty mucker,
You're only happy on Jiro day,
Your Mom's out stealing,
Your Da's out dealing,
Please don't take my hubcaps away.

outspoken
04/05/2010, 11:48 AM
wow nice one thanks for that mate. Any idea how much that set them back?

Sam_Heggy
04/05/2010, 1:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVutodF8u8&feature=PlayList&p=C3A663BB9FB90D33&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=2

Especially for Derry's creditors

Mad Moose
04/05/2010, 6:54 PM
Won't someone please think of the poor greyhounds?

What time is he running at?. I fancy sticking a few pound on that wan. No finer specimen of a Derryman's favourite pasttime will ya see about in these lean times.

Mad Moose
04/05/2010, 6:59 PM
I didn't expect the thing to be mobile. I suppose it allows for a quick getaway should the creditor come calling. Only joking. I'd be interested in the cost of that. I suppose it fills another gap in the ground too. Will it be moved around to different locations in the ground for added effect.

The challenge now is. Where have you sighted the Derry City scoreboard?