PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk Monday

Dunny
24/04/2010, 8:10 PM
Any team news from your side?

JJ Melligan is injured for ourselves.

Dillonman
24/04/2010, 10:09 PM
Stephen McDonnell is injured too.Alan Cawley is a long term injury.

Anyone coming up for this game?

Hulsey
25/04/2010, 4:31 AM
Stephen McDonnell is injured too.Alan Cawley is a long term injury.

Anyone coming up for this game?

No bus heading up due to lack of demand, so doubt there will be a huge amount. Hope to make it but it's down to the availability of a lift as I don't drive.

Dillonman
25/04/2010, 9:30 AM
No bus heading up due to lack of demand, so doubt there will be a huge amount. Hope to make it but it's down to the availability of a lift as I don't drive.

Theres no problem getting buses to Dundalk but getting one afterwards. Im not too sure when the last train is leaving Dundalk for Dublin so maybe if you check there.

Roo69
26/04/2010, 12:53 PM
Mark O'Brien will miss Bray's trip to Dundalk tonight having been set off on Friday night against Shamrock Rovers. Also missing will be Richie Baker (hamstring), Stephen Brennan (hamstring) and Shane O'Neill(hip). Colm Tresson however comes back into the squad.

Speaking yesterday Eddie Gormley said he was pleased with the performance on Friday night against Shamrock Rovers. He said "The lads bounced back well from Tuesdy's defeat at the hands of St. Patricks Ath. They showed great hunger and didn't drop their heads when we were
reduced to ten men". If they continue to show the same charachter and desire for the remainder of the season we'll be o.k.".

Gormley added "Dundalk had a good win on Friday night and will on a high going into the game on Monday night". In the first game of the season they picked our pockets at the death. I'll be looking for a similar performace again and we will be positive going into the game".

The Fox
26/04/2010, 8:59 PM
Well done to the lads!! Great to have that Monkey off their backs!! No more than they deserve after Dundalk got that lucky win in the first game!! Hopefully we can some home results now!!

lowflyingseagul
26/04/2010, 8:59 PM
Get in there

naoise kennedy
26/04/2010, 9:10 PM
Thats one result that was really deserved after our first match.. well done to all the team and eddie..

Grey Boy
26/04/2010, 9:38 PM
We do seem to like playing in Louth. Great result. Big game on Friday now.

naoise kennedy
26/04/2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/typo3temp/pics/9a7f5a307b.jpg (http://www.braywanderers.ie/javasc#ipt:close();) lads he did'nt mean to score,, don' knock his head off...

Captain2007
26/04/2010, 11:21 PM
Great result for the lads, delighted for the scorer's Jake and Robbie, sorry I didn't take the 9/1 for the win in Paddy Powers.Onwards and upwards for the rest of the season......

Bray-Z
26/04/2010, 11:24 PM
Barry Ryan sent off for Galway tonight aswell so they'll have no recognised goalie for fridays game!

SupaJon
27/04/2010, 7:57 AM
http://www.nlr-online.co.uk/smilies/llama.gif

Fantastic result!

And coming from behind twice!

Nice to see that it's us getting the late winner this time.

I'm delighted for Robbie. I know he has his critics on here, but in the games I've seen him play so far I thought he's put in he's put in good shifts. It can't be easy for a player like Robbie when we had been hoofing the ball down the pitch for Shane to hare after.

I'll be bringing my nephew from Paris to the game on Friday.
Give him a taste of proper football! :cool:

Roo69
27/04/2010, 8:02 AM
Very satisfying performance and results last night. We conceded an early goal from a very soft free kick, we should have actually taken the lead the minute before but Mulroy hit he’s turning shot to straight. Dundalk had more of the ball without ever really doing anything with it, but he kept plugging away and had our own moments. Cherrie pulled off a super save from a Dean Zambra drive. The peno was 100%, was only yards away from it. A defender can’t barge into the back of a striker as he is waiting for the ball to come down. Lovely calm finish by Jake from it. On the stroke of half time, Dundalk really took the lead out of nothing but with pretty much the last kick of the ball in the 1st half we drew level through Jake again, who took he’s goal very well.

I actually thought bar from the last 6 or 7 minutes we were the better side in the 2nd half. Again Dundalk had slightly more of the ball but was created the better chances and Cherrie made 3 really good saves. Kane only had crosses to deal with really, no shots on target or scrambles. Only once did a Dundalk shot beat Kane in the 2nd half when Fenn hit a beautiful volley, Mulvena was 5 yards off side for the rebound, who by the way has gone down a lot in my books the way he got Massey booked, little ****ing rat ! We even had a really good spell of sustained pressure in the Dundalk. It was easily our best performance of the season. The really good thing about the performance was that we forced Dundalk away from their normal passing game and into to playing long ball stuff a lot of the time :)

The only downer was Mulroy and Daire Doyle picking up injuries in the 1st half, Robbie’s winner and celebration more than made up for that though, nothing like taking 90 minutes of abuse and then scoring the winner against your old club

KK77
27/04/2010, 11:11 AM
Well well well a win at last and a goal from the white pele himself flip flop Doyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a boost this is and long may it continue. Don’t go full time with the taxi just yet Eddie!

notever
27/04/2010, 11:23 AM
Well done to everybody unfortunately didnt get to the game myself but the joy when I heard the result........roll on Friday and Galway and if we keep getting performances like that we should be fine.......... come on you boys in green................

Roo69
27/04/2010, 11:32 AM
We lose - some people have a pop, we win - some people have a pop.

There's really no pleasing some people. Why can't people just be happy and try be positive that we had a smashing win against the joint League leaders on their turf and that we have somethnig to work off now instead of "trying" to be funny or smart?

Don't normal football fans celebrate victories?

Stevo Da Gull
27/04/2010, 2:37 PM
Well done to the lads and it must have been the greatest feeling in the world for those who travelled up. Hopefully the lads can put in another good shift on Friday. Flippin brilliant :)

KK77
27/04/2010, 2:41 PM
Bring on Galway i say. This should give the team such a boost and flip flop as well especially considering how late he scored his goal. Lifted my whole week this result!!!!!!!!

KK77
27/04/2010, 2:44 PM
Well done to the lads and it must have been the greatest feeling in the world for those who travelled up. Hopefully the lads can put in another good shift on Friday. Flippin brilliant :)

Flippin out of this world i say. Unreal result considering our start to the season. What impressed me most was the fact we took the game to them when we have been on such a god dam awful run. Credit to Eddie for sending them out with this attitude. All about maintaining this now.

BrayUnknowns
27/04/2010, 3:26 PM
Massive result for us, especially considering how late on we won it. Should be a real confidence booster!

What's with this filp flop thing? i'm lost. Enlighten us :D

Stevo Da Gull
27/04/2010, 3:32 PM
I have no idea, my "flippin brilliant" comment was purely coincidental.

Is O'Brien available for the Galway game or is it a three match ban? I thought it was 3 matches for a red but I'm not sure anymore.

KK77
27/04/2010, 3:53 PM
Massive result for us, especially considering how late on we won it. Should be a real confidence booster!

What's with this filp flop thing? i'm lost. Enlighten us :D

Girl i know stood on his foot one night in a nightclub and it turned out he had flip flops on. Another friend of mine who goes to the Bray games also saw him outside said club one night in flip flops as well. He has been calling him that since then. All in good fun i must say!

KR's Post
27/04/2010, 3:58 PM
Roo is right lads. Attitudes from some people are awful. Well done Robbie. Always liked him as a player. Delighted he got the winner and how sweet against former club! People need to stop the personel attacks. These lads are human aswell lads. Here's to a good result on Friday against a Galway team with no Keeper i'm led to believe!

Seagull
27/04/2010, 4:12 PM
We lose - some people have a pop, we win - some people have a pop.

There's really no pleasing some people. Why can't people just be happy and try be positive that we had a smashing win against the joint League leaders on their turf and that we have somethnig to work off now instead of "trying" to be funny or smart?

Don't normal football fans celebrate victories?

Am I missing something here- I've read through this thread twice and can't see anyone having a pop at anyone? Well done on the great result last night lads, roll on Friday now.

Captain2007
27/04/2010, 7:43 PM
Well done to "The Messiah" (Devo) whom made an appearence in the dugout on Monday night........

Dillonman
27/04/2010, 10:00 PM
Well doen alds, ye deserved somethign from the game, we came flying out the blocks and took the lead after 3 minutes and then just sat back. Ye gave it a right go and had nothing to lose bascially and got what ye deserved. We couldnt string more than 2 passes together in the second half. Twas a joke. Jake Kelly really is a thorn in our sides, think thats like 5 goals he has now scored v us since he came on the scene! Connolly is a p!ss poor ref and should not be officiating in this league let alone an under 8 league. Best of luck for the rest of the season lads.

Roo69
28/04/2010, 8:30 AM
Am I missing something here- I've read through this thread twice and can't see anyone having a pop at anyone? Well done on the great result last night lads, roll on Friday now.

"Well well well a win at last and a goal from the white pele himself flip flop Doyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a boost this is and long may it continue. Don’t go full time with the taxi just yet Eddie! " You must have missed this post so.

Roo69
28/04/2010, 8:32 AM
Well done to "The Messiah" (Devo) whom made an appearence in the dugout on Monday night........

He just didn't want to stand !!!! haha :)

superfrank
28/04/2010, 9:45 AM
"Well well well a win at last and a goal from the white pele himself flip flop Doyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a boost this is and long may it continue. Don’t go full time with the taxi just yet Eddie! " You must have missed this post so.
How is that having a go?

Roo69
28/04/2010, 10:56 AM
How is that having a go?

"white pele himself flip flop Doyle" and "Don’t go full time with the taxi just yet Eddie!" tell me how that isn't havnig a little sly pop. Get a grip Finbar, your supposed to be a mod on here

KK77
28/04/2010, 11:14 AM
Onwards and upwards ladies and gents! Bring on Galway!

superfrank
28/04/2010, 2:46 PM
"white pele himself flip flop Doyle" and "Don’t go full time with the taxi just yet Eddie!" tell me how that isn't havnig a little sly pop. Get a grip Finbar, your supposed to be a mod on here
First off, if you have a problem with a post report it. Yeah, I am the mod and I see nothing offensive in that whatsoever.

If you weren't so fond of Robbie, you wouldn't get offended by that. So the guy where's flip-flops? So what? It may not be particularly relevant but there's nothing offensive about that at all.

As for the bit about Eddie, I took that in a positive way, as in "We want you stay".

Roo69
28/04/2010, 3:37 PM
First off, if you have a problem with a post report it. Yeah, I am the mod and I see nothing offensive in that whatsoever.

If you weren't so fond of Robbie, you wouldn't get offended by that. So the guy where's flip-flops? So what? It may not be particularly relevant but there's nothing offensive about that at all.

As for the bit about Eddie, I took that in a positive way, as in "We want you stay".

Why bother report it? I'm not in school anymore, childish stuff to report a post like that, it's not as if he broke the law is it? its only snide remarks

But, it does annoy me (and not because of Robbie in particular what so ever, jesus i hear worse week in week out, sure i'd say worse myself to him!) because of the massive effort that was put in on Monday night by every single one of the players and management team. A lot of hard work went into the win and i just don't think there is a need for any silly remarks such as Eddie don't give up the taxi job just yet. Why the need for it? why not just say fair ****s lads, great win..

Anyway, we will leave it at that becuase it's clear your the big boss man and don't see anything wrong in what was said.

Martinho II
28/04/2010, 5:25 PM

why was the messiah in the dugout can i ask?

Captain2007
28/04/2010, 8:55 PM

Martinho work it out 1pt from 24, messiah 3pt from 3, don't need to be a genius to work that one out!

superfrank
28/04/2010, 8:57 PM
KR, stop stirring. If you have a problem with a post, report it and some other mods (not me) will deal with it.

However, Roo's going to let it go so you should too.

Roo69
29/04/2010, 9:05 AM

Because there was no were else left to sit, honestly ! :)