PDA

View Full Version : Postcard from Tallinn

Duncan Gardner
01/04/2004, 8:25 AM
Hello everyone (and ta to Lopez for the replica shirt. Did you really fit into it as a youth? I'd have struggled at 15 months, let alone years...)

We should have won more comfortably, they only pressed in the last ten minutes. Healy took his goal well but our finishing a bit wayward. Man of the match- Whitley. Two fans thrown out for drinking inside the ground. We had about 150 fans, including some Finnish groundhoppers.

As I promised Lope, the shirt was destined for display in the Depeche Mode theme bar. Alas, our taxi driver Boris the Spider ignored that, heading instead for an exclusive club in the forest about half way to Moscow. So my new friend Grand Duchess Tatania is now the proud owner of some classy green leisurewear.

Nagemisi for now,

DG

lopez
01/04/2004, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone (and ta to Lopez for the replica shirt. Did you really fit into it as a youth? I'd have struggled at 15 months, let alone years...)...As I promised Lope, the shirt was destined for display in the Depeche Mode theme bar. Alas, our taxi driver Boris the Spider ignored that, heading instead for an exclusive club in the forest about half way to Moscow. So my new friend Grand Duchess Tatania is now the proud owner of some classy green leisurewear.
Hello Tallinn. Nice to see you witness a victory at last. Hope you've got the address of this establishment although I'd doubt I'll ever get to see the shirt again as the PC brigade at FIFA are planning to consign it to history according to its website this morning. After pressure from the Anti-Defamation League they say they are considering telling the IFA to change it's badge, as the Celtic Cross is now associated with far-right groups across Europe, and is on par with the swastika. :rolleyes:

A certain Lars Yofilop, FIFA's Race relations officer said: 'The Celtic Cross is seen now in continental Europe as an emblem exclusively used by the far right. With police forces and government legislation in many countries outlawing the use of the Swastika, neo-nazi football fans have turned to other flags and symbols to peddle their hate. Flags and emblems like the Confederate flag, the Celtic Cross and the Norsk 'othala rune' are no longer acceptable at football grounds. 25% of Europe's footballers come from ethnic minorities. It is FIFA's responsibility that the football stadiums remains racist free and this must entail that member associations and clubs rid themselves of all racist emblems.'

The story also mentions a Sal D'Ariolopfo, an editor of an anti-fascist fanzine in Rome as saying: 'We have noticed that the Northern Ireland shirt has been appearing more prominently at clubs with large neo-nazi ultra gangs. In particular Lazio, where I've been told by the shirt's manufacturers that they sell more in Rome than in Belfast. While this is probably fictitious, there is no doubting that the shirt has become a fashion item among the neo-nazi fan trying to circumvent Italy's anti-fascist legislation.'

For full story Duncan click below:

FIFA.com: News: FIFA expresses concerns over IFA emblem's right wing links. (http://www.2meta.com/april-fools/)

the 12 th man
01/04/2004, 12:12 PM
and hello tallinn.could we have the votes from the estonian jury please :D

Crusader Al
01/04/2004, 3:11 PM
Aye Well done Norn Iron .... :)

.... the U17s qualified for the UEFA Finals in May as well ... :)

Lux Interior
02/04/2004, 1:29 AM
So the Puppets,no longer muppets?!

Beggars can't be choosers, eh chief. ;)

Paddy Ramone
02/04/2004, 10:49 AM
Hello Tallinn. Nice to see you witness a victory at last. Hope you've got the address of this establishment although I'd doubt I'll ever get to see the shirt again as the PC brigade at FIFA are planning to consign it to history according to its website this morning. After pressure from the Anti-Defamation League they say they are considering telling the IFA to change it's badge, as the Celtic Cross is now associated with far-right groups across Europe, and is on par with the swastika. :rolleyes:
[/URL]
The GAA had a Celtic cross badge up until recently and so did Celtic FC in their early days. I suppose that makes them Nazis. Some people on this board think they are anyway. :D