PDA

View Full Version : Really Cheap Sun Holiday?

L37Ultra
23/04/2010, 4:39 PM
I need some advice ladies and Gents!

I am looking to book a really cheap holiday for two for a week in either July or August.

I have done it before with booking the flights and the hotel/apartment seperate.

Any ideas/suggestions of what to do to get the cheapest holiday possible. As long as there is sun and sand the destination is wide open. :D

osarusan
23/04/2010, 5:15 PM
Kilkee.

Mr A
23/04/2010, 5:59 PM
Become a jihadist and they'll fly you out to the sun to train you. There may be downsides though.

Spudulika
23/04/2010, 7:06 PM
I would suggest Croatia, fly into Zadar with C-Ryanair and you'll pick up plenty of cheap places and have a good varied holiday. Sandy beaches are a bit hard to come by, but I can recommend heading to Vodice - cheap, value for money, good services and a busy nightlife if you choose. Also it's got a great hinterland for exploring and wandering!

dahamsta
24/04/2010, 2:18 PM
I went to Croatia on my honeymoon at peak season, it ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination!

Dodge
24/04/2010, 2:52 PM
Fly Ryanair to Reus and stay in salou. A couple of years ago me and the missus got a week for less than 500 (combined). Flights were about 120 return. Accomodation about 250 for the week. Get local bus from airport into salou for about €1.50 (Its less than ten minutes away)

corkharps
25/04/2010, 12:08 AM
Fly Bus Eireann to Bundoran for ˙€15 return. Sleep on the stoney beach,drinks from €5 per 2ltr bottle. Choice of restaurants, centra on main St being a particular favourate, (nb eat early before lunch time at local school.)Night life includes manys the republican sing songs except the weekend before the 12th of July when there is a night of Umpla Lumpa B special prayer meetings. Tis beautiful!

Spudulika
25/04/2010, 5:44 AM
I went to Croatia on my honeymoon at peak season, it ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination!

It depends on where you stay and what you're looking for. A good quality apartment in a spot like Vodice (500m from the beaches) will set you back at most 200euros for a week, drinks and food are cheap, and local transport (apart from taxis) is cheap. Zadar I found is expensive at times if you're not a local, while Split and Dubrovnik are ridiculously overpriced.

dahamsta
25/04/2010, 7:12 AM
I'll admit I stayed high end as it was my honeymoon, but those prices still look totally out of whack for July/August. But then I'm too lazy to do any research, since I did hours and hours of it the last time... :)

Spudulika
25/04/2010, 9:14 AM
I'll admit I stayed high end as it was my honeymoon, but those prices still look totally out of whack for July/August. But then I'm too lazy to do any research, since I did hours and hours of it the last time... :)

:-) you're a romantic, not sparing the pennies! I agree regarding high season - which is the most ridiculous situation in the world. Prices rise stupidly to take advantage of the 6 week window of opportunity the government and locals milk. Back in 2004 you would be hard pressed to find a room/apartment in most places in central Dalmatia come mid-late August, now after the continental August holiday they are begging people to stay. I found that the vibrant east European market (Czechs, Slovaks, Poles) now don't bother so much with Croatia as prices in high season went too high, so they've descended on Bosnia's little strip and prefer Slovenia, Italy or even (no joke) Albania! Anyone who's been there can testify to lovely beaches, but for a sun holiday.......it's a living advert for Immac!

Neish
25/04/2010, 8:21 PM
Fly Bus Eireann to Bundoran for ˙€15 return. Sleep on the stoney beach,drinks from €5 per 2ltr bottle. Choice of restaurants, centra on main St being a particular favourate, (nb eat early before lunch time at local school.)Night life includes manys the republican sing songs except the weekend before the 12th of July when there is a night of Umpla Lumpa B special prayer meetings. Tis beautiful!

That most likely how I'll be spending June 25th-27th