PDA

View Full Version : Away v Pats - Live on RTE 2

Fivesilver
22/04/2010, 5:43 PM
Any chance of us nicking something from this? They're in serious form. A mate of mine who supports them reckons we haven't got a hope, as they want to build up a decent lead at the top before proceeding to throw the whole thing away after the halfway mark.

gustavo
22/04/2010, 6:07 PM
Will be tough ,they're on form but this season has proven that there's no outstanding team and anyone can beat anyone.Plus we'll have Ndo hopefully that'll give us an extra dimension

Dodge
22/04/2010, 6:08 PM
Personally think your mate is waffling. Our form before the setanta games was played four, drew 3, lost 1 (at home to
drogheda) and only 1 scored. First setanta game was against your reserves, second one was against a team who were already out

There's a reason why Sligo are unbeaten in the league too

Fivesilver
22/04/2010, 7:08 PM
Thanks Dodge - you've cheered me up no end. :p

Well Red
22/04/2010, 8:15 PM
I have a good feeling about this one, I think the manager has been building up to this match and I suspect we will see a different level of committment in this game with our strongest possible team out. I am not aware of any injuries and I would not expect our latest signing to start but he will come on at some stage. Shams, Sporting, Bohs and Dundalk have all failed to beat us in the League so far and I would not rate Pats as being any better than any of those.

bingoballs
23/04/2010, 5:45 AM
I dreamt that we won 3-1 last night.

jc46
23/04/2010, 11:20 AM
i have a feeling we will take pats tonite. setanta was only a limbering up exercise. 6 points from pats and shams would set us up nicely for a big home gate. who said there are no optimists out there still???

avvenalaf
23/04/2010, 12:45 PM
Here comes the Parade P isser. When was the last time we took even a point out of Richmond Park?

gustavo
23/04/2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1006/stpats_sligo.html

October last year - the last league game we played there :)

neutrino
23/04/2010, 12:53 PM
Here comes the Parade P isser. When was the last time we took even a point out of Richmond Park?

how about these:
http://www.stpatsfc.com/report.php?report=334
http://www.stpatsfc.com/report.php?report=316

Played them 4 times in the league and we won 2 (1 home, 1 away), drew 1 (away) and lost 1 (home).

Keep the faith :D

jc46
23/04/2010, 1:23 PM
we will be celebrating a great win at 9.30 tonite. come on avvenleaf, our country is full of pessimists like you and that's why we are going down the swanee!

avvenalaf
23/04/2010, 3:50 PM
we will be celebrating a great win at 9.30 tonite. come on avvenleaf, our country is full of pessimists like you and that's why we are going down the swanee!
Or The Dargle?

bingoballs
23/04/2010, 7:39 PM
Ryan and Donninger need to drop deeper and look for the ball. This craic with Brush hoofing it up the pitch isnt goin to win us the match.

bingoballs
23/04/2010, 8:22 PM
Mccabe off? What is Cook at?

Boo_Boy
23/04/2010, 8:26 PM
Mccabe off? What is Cook at?

I don't have a clue.
We've won 1-2 of the 10+ booted balls up the field by brush. But we continue to do it.

bingoballs
23/04/2010, 8:40 PM
I'm sorry lads but i think Cook is a tool. Not tryin to pick on donninger but he hardly touched the ball in the second half and he stayed on but Mccabe, who i thought was immense was taken off! Doninger should have been taken off and Blinkhorn should have been brought on, assuming he was fit. He doesn't know how to use his bench, it was the same thing last season, and it is going to cost us this season!
Having said that, i dont think we deserved to loose and we were very good in the second half. We were the better team but were beaten by a great goal. Close but no cigar.

gustavo
23/04/2010, 8:45 PM
Thought we played well enough just weren't able to create the clear cut chances ,Thought Richie Ryan done very well same with McCabe and Ndo was decent enough

showgies
23/04/2010, 8:51 PM
I have to agree, taking McCabe off was bizarre, almost as strange as keeping Donniger on. Although, I was satisfied with the performance, I never really felt we would ever score an equalizer though. A draw would have been fair

It looks like Cook has got the players he desires with the talents and qualities that he hoped, but at the moment hasn't a clue on how to play them all.

bingoballs
23/04/2010, 8:57 PM
Thought we played well enough just weren't able to create the clear cut chances ,Thought Richie Ryan done very well same with McCabe and Ndo was decent enough

Spot on, Pats are solid at the back and Ammond was fighting a loosing battle up front on his own. There was more positives then negatives to take from the game but the decision to take off McCabe still has me scratching my head.
I have been critical of Ryan in the past but he has really upped it this season aand as the game went on he became more and more dominant. Fair play to him.

jc46
23/04/2010, 9:54 PM
Spot on, Pats are solid at the back and Ammond was fighting a loosing battle up front on his own. There was more positives then negatives to take from the game but the decision to take off McCabe still has me scratching my head.
I have been critical of Ryan in the past but he has really upped it this season aand as the game went on he became more and more dominant. Fair play to him.
Taking mccabe off baffling. Donninger did nothing. Ndo fair. Thought he overdid the fancy stuff. We deserved a draw but never looked like scoring.

oldrover
23/04/2010, 10:08 PM
agree with last comments...we didnt look like scoring, donninger poor,we have conceded many goals like the one tonight. really need big effort now on Monday

oldrover
23/04/2010, 10:11 PM
agree with last comments, donninger made no impact.we seem to concede many goals of the type tonight where attackers are allowed tee up shots from just outside the area

Dodge
23/04/2010, 10:18 PM
R383K7BlNb4&feature=youtu.be&a

Paul Cook after match press conference

Shedzer
23/04/2010, 10:59 PM
I though Ryan was class tonight to be honest. Donniger is a disgrace also if thats his best effort...absolutely brutal. And yet again Cook making great tactical moves, McCabe off?? :roll: Nice one..

We did more than enough to win get something from the game, Ryan and Ndo were good. McCabe did well. The supply into Amond needs to be to feet, too many times our attacks broke down in the final third. We missed Blinkhorn to hold it up.

Im baffled as to how Donniger every played football at any level, he is shocking. His name was mentioned about 4-5 times in 90 minutes. He did his best to remain anonymous and succeeded.

Ventre was poor for the goal and when he cut across Ryan (he couldn't do much about it, Donninger wasn't hassling him before he took the shot.

Need to keep the ball on the deck..

poster
24/04/2010, 11:15 AM
Need two new full backs. Whelan, Davoren and Ventre are hopeless. Ndo is too good for the likes of them, although I don't expect him to be here too long. Don't think Amond is the player anyone expected either, doesn't seem to give a ****. I think we might go down unless some serious changes are made.

gustavo
24/04/2010, 11:21 AM
Need two new full backs. Whelan, Davoren and Ventre are hopeless. Ndo is too good for the likes of them, although I don't expect him to be here too long. Don't think Amond is the player anyone expected either, doesn't seem to give a ****. I think we might go down unless some serious changes are made.

Ah here we've played everyone once and only lost to Pats and you're talking about going down!

We're in a far better position than we were this time last year IMO

pauliek
24/04/2010, 11:25 AM
. Don't think Amond is the player anyone expected either, doesn't seem to give a ****. I think we might go down unless some serious changes are made.

Jesus that's harsh. He worked hard but just didn't get the service. Top scorer for us this season too.

As for going down, get a life ffs. We dominated the game. Ok we didn't create much but neither did they, it took a long range strike to win the game for them. So you actually think drogheda, bray or galway will finish ahead of us?

poster
24/04/2010, 11:27 AM
Ah here we've played everyone once and only lost to Pats and you're talking about going down!

We've beaten Galway and Bray(just about), both by ONE goal. Good result in Dalymount. That's it. What else says we won't struggle for the remaining games? We've Peers and Keane now presumably in the centre of defence and they both look like they've never met each other any time they've played together this year! Who else do we have as back up? Derek Foran?? Probably the worst centre half in Ireland last year.

Inside Man
24/04/2010, 11:33 AM
A good manager and we would be top of the league. Cook is flushing money down the toilet on rubbish players like Donninger, Foran & Whelan... he's been doing it his whole spell here at the club. Instead of forking out big money for a man like Ndo, we should be forking out huge money for a good manager.... Look at what Pete Mahon has done at Pats, with a smaller budget and arguably worse players. I think people are starting to wake up to the realization of what I always said, COOK IS A WASTER... another mid-table finish here we come.

Only1Rovers
24/04/2010, 12:00 PM
I think the the team are under performing. When we went a goal down the tactics never changed. We just fought a little harder. We should be doing better with the squad we have.

Well Red
24/04/2010, 9:17 PM
24 hours later at another venue success for Sligo GAA in the Division 3 final against Antrim, congratulations to them and its always good to see a Sligo success in the sporting arena and even though last night was a bit hard to take against Pats, there is a long way to go yet for the BOR. For sure we have to get better orgnized and start to create more scoring chanches, we never looked last evening as if we were going to score and for God sake will the manager finally sort Brush out as he kept giving the ball away to the opposition, he is a good keeper but prone to the odd daft thing like kicking the ball against an opposing player and of course his mad kickouts.

sligoman
25/04/2010, 12:52 AM
24 hours later at another venue success for Sligo GAA in the Division 3 final against Antrim, congratulations to them and its always good to see a Sligo success in the sporting arenaTo be fair, that has nothing to do with the Pat's game or Sligo Rovers. There's another forum here (http://foot.ie/forums/83-Other-Sports) for straw hat talk.

Well Red
25/04/2010, 8:36 AM
To be fair, that has nothing to do with the Pat's game or Sligo Rovers. There's another forum here (http://foot.ie/forums/83-Other-Sports) for straw hat talk.

Selective editing about 75% of my post was about the Sligo match, read it again!

poster
25/04/2010, 12:31 PM
God sake will the manager finally sort Brush out as he kept giving the ball away to the opposition, he is a good keeper but prone to the odd daft thing like kicking the ball against an opposing player and of course his mad kickouts.

I'd rather him try and hoof the ball up to Blinks/Amond/Ndo/A.Nyone instead of giving our donkey full backs the ball.

redobit
26/04/2010, 10:03 AM

What are you on about.
Granted Whelan hasnt been great although he done well against Pats. I have seen Davoren home and away and he looked dependable and didnt make errors. Ventre gives you more than 100% and can play in a variety of positions and has done well this season. As for the almond 'dosent give a sh**' comment - do you actually go to the showgrounds - the man busts a gut running round the pitch.

redbuli
26/04/2010, 5:06 PM
the negativity on this thread is unreal, still think this will be a successful season for us, players are starting to gel,

if the start of this season tell us anything, its that every team can take points of each other

avvenalaf
26/04/2010, 7:10 PM
the negativity on this thread is unreal, still think this will be a successful season for us, players are starting to gel,

if the start of this season tell us anything, its that every team can take points of each other

And all, bar two, can take points off us. I smell coffee.