PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Away!

Green&whitearmy
22/04/2010, 10:41 AM
Right we all had a say about the terrible management for the pats game, if the players cant get motivated by the manager, lets get everyone possible out to the game and we'll try and motivate them!! were's all the singing lads gone?? i think the team really need our support at the moment....

Is there many people going on friday???

tippex
22/04/2010, 1:45 PM
As far as I know there is no bus going to the game.
I'll be getting the Luas from town.

tippex
22/04/2010, 1:58 PM
Team News!!!

Four of Bray's starting line-up against St. Patricks Ath. on Tuesday night will miss the trip to Tallaght Stadium on Friday night through injury. Veteran defender Colm Tresson, winger Richie Baker and midfielder Stephen Brennan all picked up hamstring injuries and will have to sit this one out, while striker Shane O'Neill has a hip injury that will see him sidelined. Ian Touhy, David O'Neill and Adam O'Connor have been added to the travelling squad.

Speaking ahead of the game Eddie Gormley said Tuesday's prformance was probably their worst of the season. He said "For the first half hour there wasn't a lot in it, we probably cancelled each other out, but then we had fifteen minutes where we just couldn't defend, conceedng three goals from set pieces corners and frees. While Graham Coughlan's goal was a wonder strike". He added "We came out in the second half played a little better and defended slightly better. We knew it was going to be a difficult year having prepared for the First Division, and we were always going to have days like that but we must learn from them". He added "We must now bounce back from this,we can't feel sorry for ourselves. We had a good chat on Wedesday night and we will go to Tallagh knowing it will be difficult, but looking to get something from the game".

Source: www.braywanderers.ie

Roo69
22/04/2010, 2:21 PM
Team News!!!

Four of Bray's starting line-up against St. Patricks Ath. on Tuesday night will miss the trip to Tallaght Stadium on Friday night through injury. Veteran defender Colm Tresson, winger Richie Baker and midfielder Stephen Brennan all picked up hamstring injuries and will have to sit this one out, while striker Shane O'Neill has a hip injury that will see him sidelined. Ian Touhy, David O'Neill and Adam O'Connor have been added to the travelling squad.

Speaking ahead of the game Eddie Gormley said Tuesday's prformance was probably their worst of the season. He said "For the first half hour there wasn't a lot in it, we probably cancelled each other out, but then we had fifteen minutes where we just couldn't defend, conceedng three goals from set pieces corners and frees. While Graham Coughlan's goal was a wonder strike". He added "We came out in the second half played a little better and defended slightly better. We knew it was going to be a difficult year having prepared for the First Division, and we were always going to have days like that but we must learn from them". He added "We must now bounce back from this,we can't feel sorry for ourselves. We had a good chat on Wedesday night and we will go to Tallagh knowing it will be difficult, but looking to get something from the game".

No wonder Coughlan left if we couldn't even get he's name right :p :laugh:

I'll be there myself

Bray Wanderers Supporters Club
22/04/2010, 3:00 PM
As far as I know there is no bus going to the game.
I'll be getting the Luas from town.

There is a bus going from Bray at 6.45pm.

http://www.braywanderers.com/news-article.php?id=2050

tippex
22/04/2010, 3:20 PM
There is a bus going from Bray at 6.45pm.

http://www.braywanderers.com/news-article.php?id=2050

Apologies for the misinformation.

Seagull
22/04/2010, 4:35 PM
Team News!!!

He added "We came out in the second half played a little better and defended slightly better.

Yeah, going with six across the back certainly improved the defending!

naoise kennedy
22/04/2010, 4:55 PM
My stating 11.

Kane

Daire Doyle Webby O'Connor Knight

Tyrell O'Brien Shields Massey

Doyle Pablo.

peadar1987
23/04/2010, 1:06 PM
I'll be there, and I'm trying to drag as many of my friends as possible! Come on Wanderers!!!!!

peadar1987
24/04/2010, 10:18 AM
First game of the season for me, and some thoughts:

-Brian Kane isn't nearly as bad as people have been saying
-Shane O'Connor looks like he could be a really solid player some day
-Dean Zambra hasn't the slightest ounce of positional sense
-Daire Doyle is not a full back
-Mark O'Brien should be starting every game
-Robbie Doyle is lazy and slow
-Rovers were first to every 50:50 ball

I think, having seen this team, that we can stay up, but the lads have to really, really want it. There needs to be a big voice in the dressing room for the players to rally around, and the crowd really, really need to get behind the team, otherwise we're going to sink without a trace

Bray-Z
24/04/2010, 11:23 AM
Brian Kane isn't nearly as bad as people have been saying

-I think everybody will agree with ya about Kane. He was muck for the first few games but now hes doing class. Well done him.
Actually, I agree with everything there peadar. Fair play.

tippex
24/04/2010, 12:48 PM
and lets not forget Pablo is awful

BrayUnknowns
24/04/2010, 1:05 PM
First game of the season for me, and some thoughts:

-Brian Kane isn't nearly as bad as people have been saying

I think, having seen this team, that we can stay up, but the lads have to really, really want it. There needs to be a big voice in the dressing room for the players to rally around, and the crowd really, really need to get behind the team, otherwise we're going to sink without a trace

Kane was a big question a the start of the season but he has doen himself proud in most games, played verywell again last night. Agree about Zambra, he is not up to A Championship level, neve mind Premier Division. Lazy is one thing you could not call Doyle, he puts a great shift in every game, yes he has lost a lot of pace put he works very hard for the team. Now as for Pablo, **** me is he a TERRIBLE player, he offers zeroto the team and how he stayed on the pitch 5 minutes longer than Doyle was a complete joke. The lad is just shocking and even slower than Doyle. Agree about O'Brien, started very well but did get tired, red card looked a little harsh to me.

Roo69
24/04/2010, 3:27 PM
Kane was a big question a the start of the season but he has doen himself proud in most games, played verywell again last night. Agree about Zambra, he is not up to A Championship level, neve mind Premier Division. Lazy is one thing you could not call Doyle, he puts a great shift in every game, yes he has lost a lot of pace put he works very hard for the team. Now as for Pablo, **** me is he a TERRIBLE player, he offers zeroto the team and how he stayed on the pitch 5 minutes longer than Doyle was a complete joke. The lad is just shocking and even slower than Doyle. Agree about O'Brien, started very well but did get tired, red card looked a little harsh to me.

Yep Kane had another good solid game, nothing he could do with the goal at all, pulled off a good double save with his feet at the end as well when they broke from one of our corners. It was a better team preformance but the supply from midfield really needs to start getting better, can't really score when were not creating chances. O'Brien adds a bit of bite to the midfield, didn't think is was a red card myself. Pablo really needs to lift he's game alright, can't really remember him doing anything in the game.