PDA

View Full Version : Brian Kerr and Miller..

RedX
31/03/2004, 12:38 AM
Whats with Brian Kerr regarding Liam Miller?.He is one of the best young midfielders coming through and he barely got into the squad only for withdrawals..Of course Mr Kerr is trying to convince us all that he never knew he was available and all that rubbish..as far as i can see Brian Kerr does not like to be told what to do(media pushing for Miller)...nothin wrong with being his own man but keeping Miller on the lines is a disgrace..wasnt David Connolly out for almost as long as Miller has been?..well he was in the squad also only for another withdrawal..Kerr said today it is probably to early to give him a run..he definetly wont be starting..I just cant wait to see that little git Kinsella playing Wednesday..in all fairness he does not have much to offer anymore does he?..Miller played part of a Champions League game last Weds and again during the weekend..these players are super fit and i am sure adrenalin and fitness would get him through at least 45 mins..so come on Brian..stop being a stubborn man and give one of our best prospects a run..How come Andy Reid got straight in?..fine player but whats the problem with Miller?..Roy Curtis of the Sunday World is dead right about Kerr..

onenilgameover
31/03/2004, 12:53 AM
I have to agreed with the sentiment and can't wait to see what Miller can provide to a dying midfield..However in Kerr's defence he has always said that a player must be playing first team football regularly.. there has been instances where this has not been the case..however Miller only got two short run outs...I do think he will play against the Czechs if only for 25 mins Kerr has said that depends upon the match but I don't agree Miller should start and the team should be built while we are able to in these friendly games...results are not the issue the future of the team is............

tiktok
31/03/2004, 7:51 AM
Jesus Christ, at this rate Miller can only end up disappointing us.

He's only made two substitute appearances in months and he's never played for the Irish senior squad, why on earth would he be the first name down on the teamsheet?

People talk about promise and potential, how he's going to run our midfield for years to come, I hope you're all right, but he's already twenty-three, and he wasn't even managing to maintain a regular starting slot on the Celtic first team.

He'll get a half hour to show what he can do, which is about right.

liamon
31/03/2004, 8:16 AM
FFS, he’s called him up before, but then lost him to injury. When the original squad was announced, Miller was still on the injured list at Celtic and there was no sign of him playing again this season. So he wasn’t in the squad. Fair enough.

As tiktok said, he’s managed to scrape 2 sub appearances in the last week and has never played a senior game before. Hardly justification for a starting role against a team fielding the best midfielder in Europe?

finlma
31/03/2004, 8:40 AM
Whats with Brian Kerr regarding Liam Miller?.He is one of the best young midfielders coming through and he barely got into the squad only for withdrawals..Of course Mr Kerr is trying to convince us all that he never knew he was available and all that rubbish..as far as i can see Brian Kerr does not like to be told what to do(media pushing for Miller)...nothin wrong with being his own man but keeping Miller on the lines is a disgrace..wasnt David Connolly out for almost as long as Miller has been?..well he was in the squad also only for another withdrawal..Kerr said today it is probably to early to give him a run..he definetly wont be starting..I just cant wait to see that little git Kinsella playing Wednesday..in all fairness he does not have much to offer anymore does he?..Miller played part of a Champions League game last Weds and again during the weekend..these players are super fit and i am sure adrenalin and fitness would get him through at least 45 mins..so come on Brian..stop being a stubborn man and give one of our best prospects a run..How come Andy Reid got straight in?..fine player but whats the problem with Miller?..Roy Curtis of the Sunday World is dead right about Kerr..

What a load of rubbish. Miller has been out for months injured and when Kerr picked his initial squad Miller hadn't had a single first-team game. Since then he has had a couple of sub appearances and we've had a couple of injuries so he's been drafted in. Kerr will do what's best for Ireland, he's not petty about not picking certain players.

Xlex
31/03/2004, 9:34 AM
Roy Curtis of the Sunday World is dead right about Kerr..

that man doesn't have a clue and his journalistic style leaves alot to be desired... He is sensationalist at most. Brian Kerr gave one of his first exclusives to this man and this man also campaigned to have Kerr installed as manager. Every journo has a right to have a pop at the international soccer manager but his style is the stuff of Fleet street trash.

Dodge
31/03/2004, 10:02 AM
Miller's played about 30 minutes of football in 2 months. Thats why he's only a late call up.

And if he was that good he'd have been a regular for Celtic for the last few years.