PDA

View Full Version : This trend must stop

Counting Crow
30/03/2004, 9:47 PM
3 goals conceeded so far in our first 2 games.....

......all 3 from set pieces ( did not conceed a single goal from set pieces last season )!
......all 3 from the right hand side of the pitch.
......all 3 from the same general area of the pitch.

I hope our new video analyst had film in the camera because if he does he better watch it and give the two Murrays and Micky a good kick up the h*le.

I reckon if Frank Hall was still alive he wouldn't allow the videos get certified or at least give them an 18 rating :rolleyes:

jofyisgod
31/03/2004, 5:23 PM
Very true. That kick Micky up the hole- :D I jut burst out laughing here and now everyone is staring at me. :eek:

I wondr if thisguy gets his own video footgae, cos he's only going to get the usual sh1te off TV3, etc.

A face
31/03/2004, 5:58 PM
they'll all look away in disgust...

Their facial expressions are the best ..... ah .... err .... i mean ..... :eek: :p

Éanna
01/04/2004, 2:18 PM
Yeah we look very shaky at the back this year. There's no point blaming it on the fact that we have so many attackers- that shouldn't affect our defending at set-pieces. Devine needs to take command of his area, Dan Murray needs to start barking orders like a captain should, and Kevin Murray should bog off to Queenstown.

Audacity
04/04/2004, 4:42 PM
Devine needs to take command of his area,

Very true, but as said before he need to release the ball a lot faster. By the way lads can anyone tell me who the reserve keeper is now that Mooney is gone and does he be named on the sub's bench at the games??

adamcarr
04/04/2004, 4:59 PM
Mark McNulty but it is very rarev when dolan names a sub GK :cool:

Éanna
05/04/2004, 3:31 PM
just to further this one. we've conceded 4 goals in 3 games so far and none have been from open play :eek:

can't remember myself- was the longford penalty after a corner or was it just a cross?

pete
05/04/2004, 3:35 PM
can't remember myself- was the longford penalty after a corner or was it just a cross?

Probably a corner but definitely a set piece cos they had defenders up at far post.

tiktok
05/04/2004, 3:35 PM

i thought it was from a free kick on the right hand side, i remember that uneasy feeling of here we go again before the cross came in.

Terry Phelan
05/04/2004, 3:43 PM
it was a cross that resulted in the penalty.Barret was pulled down and hes certainly not a player to dive.

SÓC
05/04/2004, 3:47 PM
it was a cross that resulted in the penalty.Barret was pulled down and hes certainly not a player to dive.

So you saw him pulled down did you?

Also AFAIK it came from a corner, might have been second phase (sorry to rugby talk in Éanna's presence:D).

tiktok
05/04/2004, 3:49 PM

it definitely wasn't a cross from play that led to it, it was a dead ball swung in.

Éanna
05/04/2004, 3:52 PM
not accusing anyone of diving, but it happens so often that both players going for a ball are pulling each others jersey..... or that a fella gets knocked over going for a ball and its neither a foul or a dive.

joe
05/04/2004, 6:07 PM

it was from a corner that was, imho, needlessly given away

and from where i was standing there was a clear shirt pull inside the six yard box

A face
06/04/2004, 12:03 AM
I'd swear Dan Murray is geting worse by the game .... i am not gettting on his back but he is not as good as when he first lined out for City. When he got captaincy (spelling??) first day ... he deserved it. Now i'd have to say i am not sure. And all this when we need him to be at his best.

Éanna
07/04/2004, 10:56 AM
well waherfur put paid to that anyway. our defence is terrible, end of story

thecorner
07/04/2004, 2:32 PM
I'd swear Dan Murray is geting worse by the game .... i am not gettting on his back but he is not as good as when he first lined out for City. When he got captaincy (spelling??) first day ... he deserved it. Now i'd have to say i am not sure. And all this when we need him to be at his best.

couldnt agree more