PDA

View Full Version : UCD game.

Lamper.sffc
20/04/2010, 12:36 PM
Looking forward to it. I doubt there will be much between the two teams, similar to last year. Should be a good game of football rather than Hoofball. Ronan finn back at UCD for the first time since he left. Absolutely brilliant player. Mc Faul and Finn are making Fingal tick at the moment.

BillytheFin
20/04/2010, 9:39 PM
I am only seeing now that the game is on Thursday night.

HarpoJoyce
20/04/2010, 11:05 PM
The UCD Ball is on Friday 23rd so we (UCD) got it pushed forward to Thurs 22nd.

Looking forward to this game as well. Quigley, McFaul and Finn to start with Gannon coming on late in the second half.

Aberdonian Stu
22/04/2010, 11:41 AM
There will be a live blog of the game on Action81.com (http://www.action81.com) for any fans that can't make it along.

The Lep
22/04/2010, 3:20 PM
The UCD Ball is on Friday 23rd so we (UCD) got it pushed forward to Thurs 22nd.

Looking forward to this game as well. Quigley, McFaul and Finn to start with Gannon coming on late in the second half.

Wouldnt it have boosted the attendance a bit if it was on at the same time as the ball, seeing that the Ball goes on until 5 ?

pineapple stu
22/04/2010, 3:22 PM
I can't imagine the club were too concerned either way; I'd say it's more likely that the college didn't want both events going on at the same time. Probably stretch security.

Schumi
22/04/2010, 3:34 PM
From memory, you can't get onto campus when the ball is on without a ticket. It'd make it awkward to have a game on at the same time.

Lamper.sffc
23/04/2010, 12:36 AM
Not the best game of football iv seen. With some better finishing from UCD they might have nicked it. We had a lot of possession second half but failed to create enough decent chances.

Was Gary O Neil far offside for our disallowed goal? Couldnt tell from our end.

Not good when the most entertaining part to a game is the drum off between both drummers :D

pineapple stu
23/04/2010, 9:42 AM
From memory, you can't get onto campus when the ball is on without a ticket. It'd make it awkward to have a game on at the same time.
Sounds about right actually. Although I don't recall a game being moved for this reason before; you'd imagine it'd happen every other year on average. Or is this the first time it's been on a Friday?

Schumi
23/04/2010, 12:58 PM
Sounds about right actually. Although I don't recall a game being moved for this reason before; you'd imagine it'd happen every other year on average. Or is this the first time it's been on a Friday?

It was off campus for a good few years. Maybe Belfield Park was far enough away when it was on campus, I'm not sure.

HarpoJoyce
23/04/2010, 3:34 PM
Not the best game of football iv seen. With some better finishing from UCD they might have nicked it. We had a lot of possession second half but failed to create enough decent chances.

Was Gary O Neil far offside for our disallowed goal? Couldnt tell from our end.

Not good when the most entertaining part to a game is the drum off between both drummers :D

O'Neil was about a yard off, full body lenght. Very tight-angled chip though, the boy did well.
There was another occasion when the lino called it late after the offside occurred straight in front of him.

We thought you might need the drumming practice for when you are up against the Lambegs in the Setanta Cup.
Good Luck in that one by the way.

pineapple stu
23/04/2010, 3:37 PM
the lino called it late after the offside occurred straight in front of him.
One of my pet peeves in football. The rules state that the linesman should wait to see if a player in an offside position interferes with play before flagging him offside. So he didn't call it late, he waited to see if the player was actually offside.

There's a difference between being offside and being in an offside position.

Lamper.sffc
24/04/2010, 12:25 AM
O'Neil was about a yard off, full body lenght. Very tight-angled chip though, the boy did well.
There was another occasion when the lino called it late after the offside occurred straight in front of him.

We thought you might need the drumming practice for when you are up against the Lambegs in the Setanta Cup.
Good Luck in that one by the way.

Cheers.

Wasnt sure whether he was or wasnt on. No way of knowing when your down the opposite end. I guess we will see yous back at morton. All the best for the season.

pineapple stu
26/04/2010, 1:07 PM
Highlights -

-v6pQeGRL5c

Ciaran W
07/06/2010, 1:35 PM
I dont get why people give fingal so much stick. . atm there attendances are higher then bray Galway and ucd and they play a brilliant brand of football. .my favourite match this season was the one at home to fingal and same with last season in the cup so i personally look forward to our games with fingal and i hope they can they do really well in europe this season to get the new fans in which there football deserves :)