PDA

View Full Version : bye bye mr o'flynn????

ccfcman
30/03/2004, 6:01 PM
try not to take this as being written in stone and i guarantee u this IS NOT sensationalism of the noel spillane kind but john o'flynn has yet to sign a new/extended contract, a reliable source(2 actually,1 of which is a first team regular) have confirmed that john o'f asked for a new contract when injured,city told him no as a)too injury prone , b)was injured at the time of the talks.

wether the club are refusing to pay signing on fees for the contract i dont know but this seems to further highlight the clubs contractual inabilities(georgie last yr & losing out on willie bruton due to dolan's pay per play offer)

i'd like to repeat that this isnt a thread to just gain viewers but the situation is serious though thankfully not to the degree that it is major public knowledge.
:ball: :confused: :ball:

Colm
30/03/2004, 6:12 PM
AFAIK, the club and Flynny have been in talks regarding a new contract. I don't know if anything has been agreed or not but I'm sure we'd have heard about it if there were any developments.
At no point did the club refuse to offer him a contract. The suggestion that the club would not want to tie Flynny down to a new contract is laughable.

A face
30/03/2004, 6:47 PM
Dont get me wrong, john is a great player but I am glad the club considered everything involved with the contract, namely his ability to play for us (if that is the case), lets be honest ... he aint much good if he cant play .... so maybe the club are getting wiser and they are not getting stung. Anyway .... to suggest that the club/john should wrap it all up in a hour or so is totally mad. I'd totally recommend that both parties take as much time as is needed to be able ot confidently commit themselves to the other party. And lets be fair ... when John has signed .... you just know he will be City 110%

rebelnorrie
31/03/2004, 12:14 PM
remember last year with georgie? he was giving the exact same interviews about wanting to play for city and his love for city but if a better offer came up(possibly abroad) that he would happily take it.

is it the club telling them that they are prepared to leave them go to further their own careers or is it just trying to build up hype?

tiktok
31/03/2004, 3:17 PM
is it the club telling them that they are prepared to leave them go to further their own careers or is it just trying to build up hype?

i think the club's position is and should be,

we won't stand in your way if a good offer comes in but in return it's fair that you stay contracted so CCFC can profit from a transfer, we don't want to lose our best players for free.

liverpool
31/03/2004, 3:29 PM
Ithink o flynn will only leave city to go to a club abroad. I dont think he would play for another eircom league club hes city throgh and through

patsh
31/03/2004, 4:26 PM
wether the club are refusing to pay signing on fees for the contract i dont know but this seems to further highlight the clubs contractual inabilities( losing out on willie bruton due to dolan's pay per play offer)
:rolleyes:
Don't try to blame City for Bruton's lack of faith in himself....
If he really thought that he is as good as he claims, he would have signed for City last year, instead of another wasted year chasing a ball around the dumps of Ireland.

Gary
31/03/2004, 6:25 PM
I think you will find that he signed for City to resurrect his career, which due to a pile of injuries in England, and being released as a result of the ITV digital fiasco.

Flynn is a professional footballer. The only fulltimers in Cobh are the bar staff, and even they are sub standard.

What better way to try and re ignite a once promising career than commit career suicide with Dave Hills shower of mullockers, hoofers and scumbags?

patsh
31/03/2004, 6:35 PM
he didn't signed because Dolan wanted to play him right-mid even though he's a striker.
Any excuse to cover his inability to make the grade.
He is in his rightful place, another bunch of hatchet men and thugs.

Éanna
01/04/2004, 2:12 PM
i think the club's position is and should be,

we won't stand in your way if a good offer comes in but in return it's fair that you stay contracted so CCFC can profit from a transfer, we don't want to lose our best players for free.
that sounds about right.

What better way to try and re ignite a once promising career than commit career suicide with Dave Hills shower of mullockers, hoofers and scumbags?
LOL Couldn't have put it better myself
:D :D

pete
01/04/2004, 2:17 PM
AFAIK O'Flynn is already on 2 year contract?

Professionalism is gonna mean nobody is bigger than the club which will have to look out for itself financially.

thecorner
01/04/2004, 2:37 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=13351

see thread here

ccfcman
05/04/2004, 12:32 PM
Any excuse to cover his inability to make the grade.
He is in his rightful place, another bunch of hatchet men and thugs.very anti bruton i see,but hes bangin in the goals for knackers like waterford.hes now surrounded by better players

SÓC
05/04/2004, 4:05 PM
Even if Flynny is out of contract and someone takes him they better have a bloody big cheque book. If Galway can get €22,000 for Alan Murphy, an unproven player imagne what we would get for one of the best players in Ireland. Things like international caps and goals are taken into account when compo is worked out.

Macy
05/04/2004, 4:14 PM
Even if Flynny is out of contract and someone takes him they better have a bloody big cheque book. If Galway can get €22,000 for Alan Murphy, an unproven player imagne what we would get for one of the best players in Ireland. Things like international caps and goals are taken into account when compo is worked out.
No, it's a multiple of their last years salary AFAIK.

SÓC
05/04/2004, 4:15 PM
No, it's a multiple of their last years salary AFAIK.

I dont think thats the only criteria.

Eh even if it is bring it on:)

patsh
05/04/2004, 4:50 PM
very anti bruton i see,but hes bangin in the goals for knackers like waterford.hes now surrounded by better players
I'm not anti-Bruton, I would have liked him to sign last year.
However, he, like every other player, was offered a contract based on his playing games. If he felt he was good enough, he should have had no problem signing the contract. Instead, he choose to play for one of the worst sides in the country. I wouldn't think that is a good attitude from any player.

ccfcman
07/04/2004, 12:47 PM
I'm not anti-Bruton, I would have liked him to sign last year.
However, he, like every other player, was offered a contract based on his playing games. If he felt he was good enough, he should have had no problem signing the contract. Instead, he choose to play for one of the worst sides in the country. I wouldn't think that is a good attitude from any player.
are waterford one of the worst sides in the eL?