PDA

View Full Version : vs Drogheda (LSC)

Aberdonian Stu
18/04/2010, 2:59 PM
Any idea what sort of a team we'll be field for this? It's going to be an odd one as it's only 3 days before the Fingal game but at the same time a solid 10 since the last league game. Hard to see what sort of a mix will be given the run out.

I'll be live blogging this one as well over at action81.com. Won't be around to do the Fingal one.

pineapple stu
18/04/2010, 6:28 PM
I'd say it'll be similar to the Athlone League Cup game. Might give the likes of Dwayne Wilson or Mark McGinley a run. But agree it's a tough one to call.

Aberdonian Stu
19/04/2010, 6:48 PM
That liveblog is underway now here (http://www.action81.com).

pineapple stu
20/04/2010, 8:43 AM
Sounds a good win with a side even weaker than the League Cup team (Doyle in for Corry, Wilson in for Houstan). Talk of some Drogheda players having a go at each other shortly before half time too. All has to bode well for the league game between us next Monday.

Aberdonian Stu
20/04/2010, 11:06 AM
We were good for the win, neither side really got going until Wilson's goal and even then it was a far from high-tempo game. I wouldn't read too much into this for next Monday as I imagine the lineups and level of caring on both sides will look quite different.

pineapple stu
20/04/2010, 11:36 AM
I'd expect 11 changes for us, but Drogheda had the likes of Ally Mac, Paul Skinner (in goals on the opening day, but dropped since, I think), Brian King and Joe Kendrick, so certainly it looks like they were taking it more seriously than us, which is encouraging.

but yeah, it's the LSC.