PDA

View Full Version : dolan on the box

one_bounce
30/03/2004, 9:35 AM
lads.. what did ye make of dolans little outburst about cork being
'maybe not the biggest but the best city and maybe not the best city club but the biggest city club and maybe itll take a country club but were the best city and youll see' or sumthin to that effect... it sounded like the a massive tongue twister riddle to me

my theory is that he gave the same speech as the prematch talk in the dressing room and the lads spent the whole first half trying to figure it out.. hence the lack of concentration... then he got answers from them at half time and substituted all the wrong answers.. it explains how murray got to stay on and the team were far more focused in the second half ;)

max power
30/03/2004, 9:41 AM
i never seen him move as fast at the end of the interview, i think he was rushing through it cause he needed to go to the jacks !!! it was some ball of sh*te that cam eout of him on all honesty....but then again when he was in inch he did say the same sort of thing about pats being a small club but we'll show em......

NorthoftheLee
30/03/2004, 9:48 AM
lads.. what did ye make of dolans little outburst about cork being
'maybe not the biggest but the best city and maybe not the best city club but the biggest city club and maybe itll take a country club but were the best city and youll see' or sumthin to that effect... it sounded like the a massive tongue twister riddle to me

my theory is that he gave the same speech as the prematch talk in the dressing room and the lads spent the whole first half trying to figure it out.. hence the lack of concentration... then he got answers from them at half time and substituted all the wrong answers.. it explains how murray got to stay on and the team were far more focused in the second half ;)

twas a bit weird to be honest.......bit psychotic too.......I'd say the jax theory could be correct here..........

but the confused players theory must also be considered :p

pete
30/03/2004, 9:50 AM
We stayed behind the game & saw from the dies view the tv3 guy doing the interview. I don't think he knew what to do when Dolan started leaning into him. Was predictable from a distance that he'd start on his "big dublin clubs" rant :rolleyes:

rebelnorrie
30/03/2004, 10:36 AM
thought that it was quite patriotic to be honbest,at least him nearly attacking the camera man is better than the liam " the statue" murphy's interviews!

niamh
30/03/2004, 12:34 PM
Thought the whole package of the City match was one of the best, with footage of the team arriving, the goals were replayed during the interviews after. And they got both managers and two players. Also, did it strike anyone else that Dan Murray and Dolan sound very similiar to each other??

wws
30/03/2004, 1:22 PM
course they do, they're both brits for fecks sakes :p

Troy.McClure
30/03/2004, 1:26 PM
Also, after Dolan gave his interview, the camera-man and the interviewer pi$sed themselves laughing when he ran off to the jax. :p

pete
30/03/2004, 3:08 PM
People might be slagging off the O'Neills jersey but thought City looked professionally kitted out in O'Neills/Nissan Tracksuits, bibs etc...

Didn't do much for match perfromance unfortunately.

adamcarr
30/03/2004, 3:15 PM
Yeah I was very pleased wit the good coverage on the Rovers- City Match :cool:

Colm
30/03/2004, 3:37 PM
thought that it was quite patriotic to be honbest,at least him nearly attacking the camera man is better than the liam " the statue" murphy's interviews!

Spot on.
It was entertaining and it is that kind of thing that will get people interested. It also shows that he cares and, as long as he makes it clear to certain players in private that their performances wernt good enough, I hope he continues to be like that for the media.

The whole coverage of the game was very good and is the best package we've seen from el weekly for some time.

Éanna
30/03/2004, 4:41 PM
We've heard his rhetoric before. I don't like the way he starts this "proud of Cork" stuff to avoid explaining a ****e performance. He can spout this guff all he wants when he has a trophy or two, but its about time he realised that actions speak louder than words IMO

yiddo
30/03/2004, 6:35 PM
This was Dolan at his best. Bullsh*tting in front of the camera. I remember near the end of last season he gave the same type of interview Big club, Dublin clubs etc etc. on Chorus after a home game. It was almost exactly the same half turning and then walking away from the camera. I think its his version of Kevin Keegan's "I would luv it if we beat them...". This and the "I'm proud of my players speech must be his party pieces. :D

Frankie Sky
30/03/2004, 9:34 PM
Pat Dolan has had a tough week but yet he found time to have a shot at the dubs and the president "Mary Macaroon" in last sundays Independent.Keep it goin Pat....Dolan for president...

Counting Crow
30/03/2004, 9:39 PM
Guys, I reckon he's Donald Rumsfeld's spinn doctor.........you remember his speech a few months back......

......"There are things we know and things we don't know. There are things we think we know and things we think we know but don't know. Things we know we know but also things we know we don't know"...... or words to that affect. :)

He's good entertainment though.

;)

tiktok
31/03/2004, 7:36 AM
he started off fine though, talked about what was good and bad about the game but as soon as he said he was gutted it was as though something went off in his head.

i guess if he was gutted he was expecting to beat rovers and logic dictates he should have addressed why we didn't do the business, instead he went off on a rant, entertaining, but hardly informative.

at least he singled put sweeney for praise, hopefully we'll see him in at the weekend.

i think Rico summed it up best though
"there's an idiosyncratic aspect to his personality" :D

max power
31/03/2004, 9:44 AM
no leave it for a while, you can't hurry things like that :D

vito_golightly
31/03/2004, 4:19 PM
course they do, they're both brits for fecks sakes :p

since you live in Britain where Brits come from, would you like to do a little research for foot.ie - count how many different accents there are in BRITAIN... where Brits come from.

wally :rolleyes:

Yes Niamh I spotted that too, they do sound alike