PDA

View Full Version : Sean Thornton

third policeman
16/04/2010, 10:45 AM
I saw Thornton play for Tranmere a few years ago and he looked like an outstanding prospect. His self-inflicted fall from grace was sad and frustrating, but he has been performing consistently for Orient and scored a couple in his last game. Has he fallen too far and too low, or is there a chance of redemption. is it worth a higher league manager taking a chance on him? Jon Walters was playing at Chester before getting a second chance and I dont think he was as good a player as Thornton who turned in some very impressive Premiership performances when at Sunderland.

tetsujin1979
16/04/2010, 11:04 AM
I saw Thornton play for Tranmere a few years ago and he looked like an outstanding prospect. His self-inflicted fall from grace was sad and frustrating, but he has been performing consistently for Orient and scored a couple in his last game. Has he fallen too far and too low, or is there a chance of redemption. is it worth a higher league manager taking a chance on him? Jon Walters was playing at Chester before getting a second chance and I dont think he was as good a player as Thornton who turned in some very impressive Premiership performances when at Sunderland.

probably not, despite his ability, his reputation precedes him at this stage.

geysir
16/04/2010, 11:21 AM
Is he not a quiet man despite his reputation?

Crosby87
16/04/2010, 11:37 AM
Can't people change?

third policeman
16/04/2010, 1:47 PM
Is he not a quiet man despite his reputation?

I wish I'd said that.

rebelmusic
18/04/2010, 10:49 PM
What did he do to himself to fall so far? Not really mentioned in his wiki

geysir
18/04/2010, 11:22 PM
We don´t speak of those things.

tetsujin1979
19/04/2010, 9:06 AM
What did he do to himself to fall so far? Not really mentioned in his wiki
attitude off the pitch was less than exemplary, let's just leave it at that

Dodge
19/04/2010, 2:09 PM
I reckon his rappping skills alone cost him a good few contracts.

Nearly signed for Pats 2 years ago

noisecontrol
15/03/2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone know where he is now or who he is playing with...released by Orient at the end of the 09/10 season and doesn't seem to have signed for anyone...well so far as I can see on the net.

Surely he hasn't packed it in...? Hardly have made enough cash in his few years in the big time to finish already would he?

RiffRaff
15/03/2011, 9:47 PM
A mate who's an Orient fan reckons the club wanted him to stay but he wanted to move back up north for family reasons. Sounds like he just isnt interested anymore, you'd think he would be able to get a club no bother.

AlaskaFox
15/09/2011, 9:31 AM
After Thornton's signing for Aberystwyth yesterday ( http://greenscene.me/2011/09/sean-thornton-signs-for-aberystwyth-town/ ) was proclaimed to be "the biggest signing in Welsh Premier League history" by the club themselves, one of Wales Online's bloggers has wonderfully dismissed that claim:
http://blogs.walesonline.co.uk/sport/2011/09/aberystwyth-need-some-big-sign.html

ifk101
21/09/2011, 8:58 PM
Sent off in his debut game for Aberystwyth. Surprised? .... :)

Olé Olé
28/12/2013, 6:32 PM
Was just having a look at what himself and his brother were up to these days and there was a claim made with no citation i.e. that Thornton was sacked by some team called Conwy Borough for turning up drunk

http://welshpremier.proboards.com/thread/1242/sean-thornton-sacked

I think a book could be written about this chap and his brother. Mad stuff.

TheOneWhoKnocks
28/12/2013, 7:15 PM
Former Man City youth player Donal McDermott, 24, is on the books at Bournemouth. He has barely kicked a ball over the last two years. His brief career has already been filled with plenty of ignominy.

Hard to imagine where he'll wind up once he rides his contract out. A wasted talent and he doesn't even give a toss. Sad.

Keith Treacy threatened to fall off the rails but he's pushing for a start tomorrow for a team that looks certain for at least a Playoff place.

Charlie Darwin
28/12/2013, 9:13 PM
I hope Treacy has pulled himself together but I fear he's only getting a start because of fixture congestion. He is really a huge talent and I hope it doesn't go to waste.

Olé Olé
29/12/2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, so disappointing.

I was in Spain a couple of years back talking to two lads from the same town as Paddy McCourt. They informed me that, to the best of their and much of the town's knowledge, injuries weren't so much impeding Paddy from clocking up a huge amount of starts for Celtic, rather it was his thirst. If that is true, well then that's disappointing. He surely could have had so much time at the top, such is his talent.

TheOneWhoKnocks
29/12/2013, 1:57 PM
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/emanuel-gets-eight-years-253647.html

Lewis Emanuel has been sentenced to 8 years in prison.

Crosby87
29/12/2013, 4:47 PM
Is Michael Schumacher dead? That is terrible.

TheOneWhoKnocks
29/12/2013, 4:55 PM
Completely agreed Crosby. Another salient pearl of wisdom.

geysir
29/12/2013, 7:15 PM
Was just having a look at what himself and his brother were up to these days and there was a claim made with no citation i.e. that Thornton was sacked by some team called Conwy Borough for turning up drunk

http://welshpremier.proboards.com/thread/1242/sean-thornton-sacked

I think a book could be written about this chap and his brother. Mad stuff.
Possibly he peaked too soon, hard to top having an episode of your life already on screen, being acted by John Wayne and directed by John Ford.

Charlie Darwin
29/12/2013, 11:17 PM
Is Michael Schumacher dead? That is terrible.
Yes Crosby. That is terrible. He's not dead.

Acornvilla
29/12/2013, 11:42 PM
Sounds like he's going that way thou :(

Charlie Darwin
30/12/2013, 12:43 AM
Apparently he was wearing a helmet and conscious after the initial impact, and only went into a coma following his surgery. There are reports that his injuries aren't life-threatening, so who knows? Hopefully he makes a full recovery, he has a young family.

Acornvilla
30/12/2013, 12:51 AM
His whatchamacallit, 'people' said that his condition is critical now, well they said it about 3/4 hours ago, after all the initial 'he's grand' reports. There's a press conference tomorrow at 10am apparently, we'll hear what's what then, but he needed emergency brain surgery which isn't a good thing I'm sure. Hope he's ok anyway, I lost interest in F1 after Mika and then himself retired the 1st time around.

Here we go.. from sky:

''Schumacher's management confirms he's critical and in a coma with head trauma. Requires "urgent treatment". ''

Some french media talking about him having a cerebral hemorrhage, hence the need for immediate surgery.

Anyway, how about them Thorntons...?