PDA

View Full Version : Pats Second Leg

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/04/2010, 6:57 PM
Need a little bit of a miracle here although my mind drifts back to a North West Cup Final years ago when we won the first leg against Derry 3-0 and went 1 up up there only to defy all the odds and go and let in 5 goals

Pats certainly didn't look great at the back on Tuesday night and we can definitely get goals but I suppose the question is can we stop them at the other end!

Hopefully the links of Almeida, O'Grady and Blinkhorn will be in from the start although Amond didn't look to go when we went off at the end

Well Red
15/04/2010, 8:56 PM
Badly need Blinkhorn to start finding the net, I know he does a good bit of grafting for the team but he has missed a few sitters recently. Also hope the manager puts out his strongest team, a non losing habit in football is a good one and I am at a loss to know why he sent out a weakened team on Tuesday last. Pain in the a--e about Joseph been unavailable cause he is cup tied but lets see him on for the next league match. We are in a terrific position in the league, what is our next league match is it Pats away or Home Farm at home?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/04/2010, 9:23 PM
Badly need Blinkhorn to start finding the net, I know he does a good bit of grafting for the team but he has missed a few sitters recently. Also hope the manager puts out his strongest team, a non losing habit in football is a good one and I am at a loss to know why he sent out a weakened team on Tuesday last. Pain in the a--e about Joseph been unavailable cause he is cup tied but lets see him on for the next league match. We are in a terrific position in the league, what is our next league match is it Pats away or Home Farm at home?

It'll probably be Pats out of those two

MariborKev
15/04/2010, 10:33 PM
It was an Irish News Cup final wasn't it?

Someone got a hat trick in the first leg, was it Padraig Moran or Lee Thew?

showgies
16/04/2010, 8:07 AM
Lee Thew, I think and we even went 1 up in Derry and still lost.

Guts&Glory
16/04/2010, 9:05 AM
It'll probably be Pats out of those two

Seriously Well Red, Home Farm - where did that come from???????

Dodge
16/04/2010, 9:16 AM
According to Owen Heary on Setanta the other night, away goals don't count.

showgies
16/04/2010, 9:24 AM
I didn't like Setanta's highlights the other night (not just because of the result), they kept messing around with the camera shots.

jamie m
16/04/2010, 9:57 AM
It was an Irish News Cup final wasn't it?

Someone got a hat trick in the first leg, was it Padraig Moran or Lee Thew?

Was it not Falcon Rose or am i thinking of a totally different game?

Dont think all is lost for saturday, an early goal is vital though.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
16/04/2010, 10:06 AM
Was it not Falcon Rose or am i thinking of a totally different game?

Dont think all is lost for saturday, an early goal is vital though.

Nah think it was Lee Thew alright. Falcon Rose got a hat trick against them another night. And was hardly ever seen again.

Early goal crucial alright

This is on the official website

Sligo Rovers will be without Richard Brush(knee ligament) and Joesph N'do (cup-tied) for Setanta Cup secong leg clash with St Patrick's Athletic in the Showgrounds on Saturday. Rovers go into the tie 4-1 down after the comprehensive defeat to the Saints in Richmond Park earlier in the week.

Brush was substituted at half-time in the win over Bray Wanderers last week and will play no part on Saturday evening. N'do played for Bohemains earlier in the competition.

Manager Paul Cook made seven changed to the starting line-up against Bray for the Pat's match and several players are expected to be restored to the starting line-up as Rovers look to rescue the tie.

The match will be like on Setanta Sports television with a kick-off of 5.15pm. Season tickets are not valid for the Setanta Cup.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
16/04/2010, 10:07 AM
According to Owen Heary on Setanta the other night, away goals don't count.

I heard that at the game on Tuesday night

showgies
16/04/2010, 10:10 AM
Nah think it was Lee Thew alright. Falcon Rose got a hat trick against them another night. And was hardly ever seen again.

This is on the official website

The match will be like on Setanta Sports television with a kick-off of 5.15pm. Season tickets are not valid for the Setanta Cup.

Was this wrote by someone from Dublin 4

Dodge
16/04/2010, 10:27 AM
I didn't like Setanta's highlights the other night (not just because of the result), they kept messing around with the camera shots.

Awful wasn't it? Seriously bad. Even the main camera was in too tight on the players. The pats produced highlights looked better

Well Red
16/04/2010, 11:24 AM
Seriously Well Red, Home Farm - where did that come from???????

I actually meant UCD

neutrino
16/04/2010, 12:48 PM
The match will be like on Setanta Sports television with a kick-off of 5.15pm. Season tickets are not valid for the Setanta Cup.[/B][/I]

Could be empty in the showgrounds given the scoreline, the time of kick-off and the fact it's on TV. Also I'm sure the good weather wont help. If we played the proper team in richmond we could have got a decent scoreline and brought in a crowd and in turn more money.

Peachey
16/04/2010, 6:25 PM
Exactly,I'm not going in protest at Cooks antics this week, fielding that team and then trying to deflect the issue in the press

Nah Nah Nah Nah
16/04/2010, 9:03 PM
And you probably didn't go to the first game either cause the bus was too expensive

bingoballs
17/04/2010, 7:54 AM
The thing is not to go gung ho from the start either and get exposed at the back. Patience is needed as chances will come. Personally, I think its a good test for Cook and for the team. If they were to pull it out of the fire it would be some achievement. The least they owe the fans atfer tueaday is a big performance.

gustavo
17/04/2010, 10:31 AM
I think we'll win but probably not by enough

Are there any pubs in Dublin that would be showing this game for definite?

Dodge
17/04/2010, 10:36 AM
I think we'll win but probably not by enough

Are there any pubs in Dublin that would be showing this game for definite?

McDowells in INchicore.

Hibs4Ever
17/04/2010, 3:55 PM
Anyone got an online stream for this game? Or know if there's radio commentary?

avvenalaf
17/04/2010, 7:34 PM
If there was radio commentary, I'd say the commentator fell asleep early in the second half.