PDA

View Full Version : Question in the indo

GGAJD
14/04/2010, 2:04 PM
There is a question posed in the irish indo today. question time.

Which team were Shamrock Rovers first opponents in the new Tallaght Stadium ?

The options are, Bohemians, Shelbourne or Real Madrid.

Answer given.......Real Madrid. :teeth:

It's no wonder people can't access any decent info on the league in our media when this type of sh*te is the norm. Bleedin muppets :mad::mad:

Mr A
14/04/2010, 2:09 PM
Can't believe that. Surely everyone would know that the first opponents were Thomas Davis.

Rovers won 2-0 if I recall correctly.

Dodge
14/04/2010, 2:11 PM
'Twas 2-6 to 0-3. Twigg with a goal and 3 points

The media just don't care...

John83
14/04/2010, 3:10 PM
'Twas 2-6 to 0-3. Twigg with a goal and 3 points

The media just don't care...
Twigg was on fire that night. The petrol bomb was intended for Ronaldo though.

Anyone remember how many people attended?

centre mid
14/04/2010, 3:32 PM
I thought it was Sligo

pineapple stu
14/04/2010, 3:37 PM
We badly need a whoosh smiley.

marinobohs
16/04/2010, 9:56 AM
There is a question posed in the irish indo today. question time.

Which team were Shamrock Rovers first opponents in the new Tallaght Stadium ?

The options are, Bohemians, Shelbourne or Real Madrid.

Answer given.......Real Madrid. :teeth:

It's no wonder people can't access any decent info on the league in our media when this type of sh*te is the norm. Bleedin muppets :mad:

A very sad reflection of the "print media" when the biggest selling Irish daily paper makes such a balls up. Unfortunately for our EPL fixated journos the Madrid game was the first (and possibly last) "real" game at Tallaght :rolleyes:

the-blue-harp
16/04/2010, 4:58 PM
A very sad reflection of the "print media" when the biggest selling Irish daily paper makes such a balls up. Unfortunately for our EPL fixated journos the Madrid game was the first (and possibly last) "real" game at Tallaght :rolleyes:

i like what you did here!!:eek:

RoversHead
17/04/2010, 12:55 PM
."We are all Shamrock Rovers fans now and if you ever need anything ,you have in REAL MADRID a club you can ask from"Emilio Butragueno.

peadar1987
17/04/2010, 1:41 PM
Shamrock who? :p

eamo1
17/04/2010, 1:59 PM
Rovershead have you any sort if idea yet when that festival of football will be on,July??

ped_ped
17/04/2010, 2:29 PM
How many league games were played in Tallaght before the Madrid friendly?

GGAJD
17/04/2010, 3:14 PM
10 in the league, (played Shligo two days before the Real match) 1 FAI and 1 league cup games were played before Madrid came to town.

RoversHead
17/04/2010, 4:25 PM
A very sad reflection of the "print media" when the biggest selling Irish daily paper makes such a balls up. Unfortunately for our EPL fixated journos the Madrid game was the first (and possibly last) "real" game at Tallaght :rolleyes:Not heard much from you of late ,hope everythings ok.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
17/04/2010, 8:44 PM
10 in the league, (played Shligo two days before the Real match) 1 FAI and 1 league cup games were played before Madrid came to town.

The 2 rovers played in Tolka though

GGAJD
17/04/2010, 8:46 PM

Oh yeah, forgot that

danthesaint
17/04/2010, 8:53 PM

are you sure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InYqvugHFE&feature=related

Dodge
17/04/2010, 9:26 PM
are you sure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InYqvugHFE&feature=related

The second game was in Tolka when the landlords decided they wanted to keep the pitch fresh for Real madrid

RoversHead
17/04/2010, 9:58 PM
Rovershead have you any sort if idea yet when that festival of football will be on,July??Rovers v Arsenal confirmed for August but final date not fixed yet.:ball:

kdjaC
17/04/2010, 10:10 PM
Rovers v Arsenal confirmed for August but final date not fixed yet.:ball:

tallaght or Aviva?

marinobohs
19/04/2010, 10:36 AM
Not heard much from you of late ,hope everythings ok.

Awww shucks, did you miss me RH :o ? Out on the road last week (occupational hazard) and while I can get my regular "fix" of FOOT.IE (recommended daily dosage) on IPHONE I always found it too much hassle to post on the damn thing (IPHONE that is).
Still keeping the faith Bohs wise (even in these troubled times) but a bit traumatised after the snoozefest in tallaght (congrats on deserved win by the way) and the living nightmare that was Galway in Dalyer on friday night.
Off to Belfast tonight (and probobly theraphy tomorrow).
back on thread, do you expect a strong Arsenal team to play ?

GreenStar
19/04/2010, 2:32 PM
Rovers v Arsenal confirmed for August but final date not fixed yet.:ball:

Arsenal's Carling Cup squad most likely and from what I hear it's not confirmed for August but it's hopeful it will be played before the end of the summer or September.

RoversHead
20/04/2010, 10:01 AM
Awww shucks, did you miss me RH :o ? Out on the road last week (occupational hazard) and while I can get my regular "fix" of FOOT.IE (recommended daily dosage) on IPHONE I always found it too much hassle to post on the damn thing (IPHONE that is).
Still keeping the faith Bohs wise (even in these troubled times) but a bit traumatised after the snoozefest in tallaght (congrats on deserved win by the way) and the living nightmare that was Galway in Dalyer on friday night.
Off to Belfast tonight (and probobly theraphy tomorrow).
back on thread, do you expect a strong Arsenal team to play ?No such thing as a weak Gooners team but I wouldnt expect their first eleven or anywhere near it.I hear the Geordies are heading to Dalymount is that true?well done in Belfast ,you might have better luck in Tallaght v Pats.

marinobohs
20/04/2010, 10:13 AM
No such thing as a weak Gooners team but I wouldnt expect their first eleven or anywhere near it.I hear the Geordies are heading to Dalymount is that true?well done in Belfast ,you might have better luck in Tallaght v Pats.
Cheers RH , talk of newkie visiting but nothing confirmed yet as far as I know. Did well (especially first half) in Belfast but disappointing to see the poor crowd - hopefully your lot joining will assist in heightening the profile next time round.
Due a win in Tallaght all right, but Pats are playing well at the moment so it aint going to be easy in the final.

Given the depth of Arsenal's squad I would suspect a sprinkling of well known players may show up (barring those involved in World Cup for obvious reasons) and in fairness they always play the same expansive game irrespective of players involved.