PDA

View Full Version : Digger O'Brien.

Xlex
29/03/2004, 12:04 PM
No better shot stopper, a lovely guy and an absolute legend amongst all eL support, No doubt a great asset.

But does anyone else believe his distribution is poor?

Rumours are that he was to hang up his gloves (partally due to his business commitments), but he deferred his decision due to last seasons huge season, perhaps it this maybe his last season. Dempsey isn't a suitable replacement, Cassin even less so, could the retirement of this great see a void experianced such as the loss of Stewie a few seasons back? Who is the man to replace this legend?

Surprised Chris Bennion wasn't courted.

sorbothegreek
29/03/2004, 12:29 PM
I head Gary Rogers name mentioned a couple of times over the close season and i'd say there could well have been some fire to go with the smoke.
I'd think he'd be the sort of likley replacement we'd go for. Wouldn't command a big fee, the bit if gaa in him and a country lad.

Longfordian
29/03/2004, 1:22 PM
Bennion was approached, i told you that before Xlex, pay attention :) Dundalk gave him a 52 week contract which we werent offering, more money too i think..But otherwise you're right he will take some replacing if he quits at the end of the season, although i wouldnt be surprised if Digger started that rumour to get a Digger Must Stay campaign going :p