PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk (A)

pineapple stu
10/04/2010, 10:21 AM
Not particularly encouraging. We were superb at times in the first hour, but overall, we could still be playing now and not have scored. It's the usual story of running out of ideas in the final third. Dave Mc was anonymous, and Killer was marked out of it again. Their first goal was a silly defensive lapse (which came after a blatant foul on Killer was given the other way), and we got overrun after that. Weren't helped by Greg going off injured (lucky not to be sent off); seven of our eight goals against have been with him off the pitch.

Still, we can only learn; if we can get a bit more guile up front, we'll be grand. Not nice to see the gap to eighth cut to two points though.

Dillonman
10/04/2010, 11:43 AM
Not particularly encouraging. We were superb at times in the first hour, but overall, we could still be playing now and not have scored. It's the usual story of running out of ideas in the final third. Dave Mc was anonymous, and Killer was marked out of it again. Their first goal was a silly defensive lapse (which came after a blatant foul on Killer was given the other way), and we got overrun after that. Weren't helped by Greg going off injured (lucky not to be sent off); seven of our eight goals against have been with him off the pitch.

Still, we can only learn; if we can get a bit more guile up front, we'll be grand. Not nice to see the gap to eighth cut to two points though.

It was a 50/50 ball to be won and Bolger pulled out of it in the last minute, no way was it a foul, Hancock being Hancock, blew it up as a player was down and decided to get the card out. He was trigger happy last night AGAIN with the cards. Your keeper needs to stay on his line!

White Horse
10/04/2010, 12:51 PM
I thought UCD played well in the first half, were well organised, and closed down Dundalk well.

However, Dundalk kept passing the ball, making UCD cover more and more ground. Eventually, Dundalk's superior fitness told and UCD began to tire. That is when the gaps and the resulting goals came.

At least that is how I saw it.

pineapple stu
11/04/2010, 6:08 PM
It was a 50/50 ball to be won and Bolger pulled out of it in the last minute, no way was it a foul, Hancock being Hancock, blew it up as a player was down and decided to get the card out. He was trigger happy last night AGAIN with the cards. Your keeper needs to stay on his line!
Should say I meant Greg should have been sent off, not the Dundalk lad. I think he went in a bit late, and it was a risky tackle given he was already on a yellow.

Dillonman
11/04/2010, 9:17 PM
Should say I meant Greg should have been sent off, not the Dundalk lad. I think he went in a bit late, and it was a risky tackle given he was already on a yellow.

Ah right well like it was a 50/50 ball. I actually thought Bolger was play acting but obv not as he had to go off a few mins later!

pineapple stu
13/04/2010, 9:42 AM
Definitely not play-acting alright! Here's the highlights, including the tackle, so you can make what you want out it from these.

WafobBpVlN4
I think the passage on 22 minutes sums the game up for us - some lovely one-touch passing, getting back on the ball straight away when we lose possession, keeping Dundalk pinned back entirely, but ultimately, Dundalk quite happily defended with ten men behind the ball and when we finally broke into the box, we lost the ball very easily.