PDA

View Full Version : Drop Kevin Murray

Éanna
28/03/2004, 6:00 PM
I hate getting on a fella's back, but whats the point in signing players like fenn etc when you're starting every game with a passenger in the team. Maybe one day he will be a good player, whats patently clear to anyone with eyes is that he is not up to it now. Dolan might as well give up now if he's going to persist in playing him because we're not going to win the league with a player like that in our team. he's an utter liability. not only is it wrecking our chances of winning something, its going to destroy whatever confidence K murray has left after his recent "performances"

Ruairi
28/03/2004, 6:08 PM
I'd blame.... Iuliaaaaaaaano

DolansWaistcoat
28/03/2004, 8:11 PM
I hate getting on a fella's back, but whats the point in signing players like fenn etc when you're starting every game with a passenger in the team. Maybe one day he will be a good player, whats patently clear to anyone with eyes is that he is not up to it now. Dolan might as well give up now if he's going to persist in playing him because we're not going to win the league with a player like that in our team. he's an utter liability. not only is it wrecking our chances of winning something, its going to destroy whatever confidence K murray has left after his recent "performances"

The ''we all have to have a player to hate in our team if we don't win every single game'' bangwagon is rolling again after two games of the current campaign.Once again K Murray is being singled out as the lucky one to take up this 'great honour' as the one to receive the abuse since Decy Daly retired.

We are two games in and I saw K Murray play against DC and he did well imo besides Dan.I don't know how he played against Shams but even if he had a stinker,this 'we can't win the league with him in the team stuff',is starting again after TWO GAMES.It takes time for players to settle after pre-season so give it 7 or 8 games at least.

Give it a rest awhile,Pat Dolan is manager and he obviously thinks very highly of K Murray if he keeps picking him ahead of Benno.

Pablo
28/03/2004, 10:18 PM
The ''we all have to have a player to hate in our team if we don't win every single game'' bangwagon is rolling again after two games of the current campaign.Once again K Murray is being singled out as the lucky one to take up this 'great honour' as the one to receive the abuse since Decy Daly retired.

We are two games in and I saw K Murray play against DC and he did well imo besides Dan.I don't know how he played against Shams but even if he had a stinker,this 'we can't win the league with him in the team stuff',is starting again after TWO GAMES.It takes time for players to settle after pre-season so give it 7 or 8 games at least.

Give it a rest awhile,Pat Dolan is manager and he obviously thinks very highly of K Murray if he keeps picking him ahead of Benno.

He was not at the races at all friday to be fair. fair enough if we didn't have anyone else but with the likes of Byrne and Benno on the the bench its hard to see how he's in the team lets be honest....

razor
29/03/2004, 7:38 AM

I don't think its that at all, I mean nobody in their right mind is going to think we are going to win every game. Be realistic.
Its definitely about having our strongest 11 available on the pitch to do their best for the club and at the moment Kevin Murray is coming in at about number 17.
Dolan baffles me at times sticking with a player when its quite obvious to everyone that the boy isn't up to it.

pete
29/03/2004, 9:34 AM
Far be it for me to defend :eek: Kevin Murray but Dan was marking Palmer for the fiorst goal & Devine at fault for the 2nd.

Whatever about playing Kevin Murray in defense hes a passenger in midfield.

one_bounce
29/03/2004, 10:14 AM
have to agree with eanna here... the guy put in one of the worst defensive performances ive ever seen in the first half, having said that i dont think dan had a good game either and looked asleep most of the time, he should really be showing murray the ropes and leading the line... i didnt see him shouting and organising the defense once.
when dolan moved murray to midfield it just made things even worse.. hes not one for getting stuck in and his distribution is terrible..
on a positive note i thought danny murphy was outstanding at lb.. and when dolan reorganised the cbs he got better.. great heart and real desire to win..hard tackler, good feet and decent passer of the ball.. taught than junkie knacker molloy a thing or two..
colin t put in one of the best rb performances ive seen in a while aswell.. dont think theres any reason to replace hoggie but it gave city an extra attacking dimension with 2 wing backs comfortable on the ball

tiktok
29/03/2004, 10:31 AM
i think it's important not to slate Murray just for the sake of it, he's out of his depth, but he's not picking himself. It's down to Dolan, and unfortunately as time goes on the fans will turn on Kev and as Eanna suggested rob the lad of what little confidence he has left. He's a young promising player, and it'd be a shame to waste the potential by constantly playing him before he's ready. CB is a learned position, the good tend to get better with age, Murray's got time to be brought through gradually, let's hope Dolan recognises that soon.

ccfc till i die
29/03/2004, 11:00 AM
i think it's important not to slate Murray just for the sake of it, he's out of his depth, but he's not picking himself. It's down to Dolan, and unfortunately as time goes on the fans will turn on Kev and as Eanna suggested rob the lad of what little confidence he has left. He's a young promising player, and it'd be a shame to waste the potential by constantly playing him before he's ready. CB is a learned position, the good tend to get better with age, Murray's got time to be brought through gradually, let's hope Dolan recognises that soon.

You're correct the good do tend to get better with age, however with age I think Kevin Murray will become more like......

.......Robbie Hedderman

Éanna
29/03/2004, 11:09 AM
Thats not what it is at all. I was defending the guy last season when he was very poor in midfield, saying we should give him a chance, but his performance against rovers was the worst I've seen from a city player since dolan took over. Like I said, its as much for K Murray's sake as anyone else's that he should be dropped cos his confidence will be destroyed. You give me one good reason why he should be in that team ahead of benno.

niamh
29/03/2004, 11:14 AM
It is down to Dolan. If he thinks Kev Murray is doing well then you'd have to wonder.
BUT it wasn't just Murray that was the problem on Friday. He wasn't at fault for the goals, and he wasn't only one not getting stuck in in midfield in the second half.

Éanna
29/03/2004, 12:08 PM
no, you're right, he wasn't the only one. but he was the poorest player on the park, and he has been for several games. and its bound to affect pother players performances when they know they have to cover for him and that he'll be picked no matter how bad he is. its ridiculous, and you're spot on- if dolan thinks he's playing well you really do have to wonder

Eric
29/03/2004, 2:32 PM
I slated Murray all last season while he was playing in midfield but changed my opinion of him whe I saw him in the U21 league final as he had an outstanding game that night.

He played ok against Dublin City but to be fair they didn't have a whole lot going forward. Against Rovers friday night he was very poor in both defence and midfield. When there are better players on the bench it makes you wonder whats going on behind the scenes at City.

Time for Dolan to start playing his best 11 and not his favourite 11!!!

Éanna
29/03/2004, 3:12 PM
thats it in a nutshell. as for our away performances, I think there was an improvement last season on previous years and hopefully that will keep up. maybe rovers was just a bad day at the office.

niamh
29/03/2004, 3:21 PM
You always going to have a bad day when you pick players who are not playing to their best. Rovers are not a good team this year from what I have seen. It was a disappointing result, and there is no excuses for it.

SSS
29/03/2004, 6:48 PM

Very definitely an issue....Dolan loves K Murray and it has already cost us and will cost us in the future.

Benno wasn't even on the bench last Friday. :confused:

I recall a game last season, Kev was in midfield, Benno was on the bench some time after his sending off against rovers. Kev was having another nightmare - failing to pass or tackle. Benno was brought on late in the second half and within minutes had more positive involvement in the game than Kev had had all season. He is more mobile, better on the ball, faster to the ball etc etc etc...A blind dead man could see it.

I'd be the first to praise Dolan for getting the likes of Doyle, but the guy has a major blindspot about KM - a bit like Liam M had about Cotter for a while. Worse in fact.